The DLF IPL 2010 thread

seriously speaking, MI deserved to be this year's champions. I really don't like the semis and finals thing in a tourney based on home-away league games. Should've been like BPL where the no.1 at the end of league games takes the trophy.

anyways, congrats to CSK for peaking at the right time.

salluks said:
the overrated team finally got their butt handed to them..

its good they lost, all them guys at extra innings were talking only about sachin and MI, in the whole 2.5 hrs, they prolly spent 15 mins discussing CSK.

lame biased extra inning coverage, i did feel the tournament was biased towards MI from the beginning!

and that dimwit sidhu, he just freakin doesn't let anybody talk! wtf?

btw - modi's emotional speech was epic after doing all the ghotala...

Even this forum reek of MI because most here are from Mumbai and without Tendulkar's batting form, they wouldn't have reached the finals at all ;) No one really gave csk a chance! CSK winning the toss and batting first- that gave us the momentum . Sachin's picking harbajan ahead of the others and Pollard coming so late- that proved he isnt as good as Dhoni :D

this just proves all along that tendulkar isn't as good a captain as he is a batsman. mumbai was way too over confident. chennai were the under dogs and they played very well and deserve the cup !

btw i don't see anyone from mumbai commenting---bolti bandh!

Pollard instead of Harbhajan could have worked wonders to MI.

Never mind, we wanted a trophy badly. CSK had come way too far to lose it again a third time! :p

Dhoni and the rest of the team - congrats and cheers! :thumb:

desiibond said:
seriously speaking, MI deserved to be this year's champions. I really don't like the semis and finals thing in a tourney based on home-away league games. Should've been like BPL where the no.1 at the end of league games takes the trophy.

I completely agree with you, i was telling the exact same thing to a friend..

But, i dont think IPL is about the game atall, like yesterday for instance.. CSK wins the finals and all news channels very busy putting stuff lalit modi.. can u imagine something like that happening in any other reputed leagues?

mudslinging each other all the time, i dont think, IPL will last very long if they act this way!

and, next year on i am not watching it on setmax, they put a freaking ad every 3rd ball!

Well One of my friends who happens to accept bets (is a bookie) said that huge sums of money is invested on mumbai indians (win), hence there is a doubt that chennai win had been scripted cuz had chennai lost then the bookies would have to hide their faces.

if you see the sloppy fielding and the halwa balls given for the chennai while batting and ofcourse one catch were no one attempted and another on put down by zaheer khan (you see the action replay videos repeatedly) as how the catch was put down.

maybe all the players are not involved but there sure is some ghapla in chennai win

MI's wrong batting order did them in. Abhishek Nayar ahead of Saurabh Tiwary, Duminy ahead of Pollard :mad:

As much as I hate saying this...... what was Sachin thinking!! Pollard was left too much to do and in too little time. Also the dropped catches of Raina didnt help either.
the overrated team finally got their butt handed to them..

No they were not overrated. They performed consistently throughout the tournament. 11 wins and 3 losses in 14 league matches speaks for the teams performance. The win in the semifinal over RCB where Sachin got out for 9 and later couldn't lead them because of injury is a classic example of the strength of the side.

Yesterday's loss was due to wrong batting order and dropped catches, plain and simple.

Looking forward to CL now.

yashvisent said:
Well One of my friends who happens to accept bets (is a bookie) said that huge sums of money is invested on mumbai indians (win), hence there is a doubt that chennai win had been scripted cuz had chennai lost then the bookies would have to hide their faces.

if you see the sloppy fielding and the halwa balls given for the chennai while batting and ofcourse one catch were no one attempted and another on put down by zaheer khan (you see the action replay videos repeatedly) as how the catch was put down.

maybe all the players are not involved but there sure is some ghapla in chennai win

Yes you are rite...My friend is also a bookie and he told me the same thing.Everyone betted on MI and hence Chennai won the match..

:mad:

^^ No bro its not about performance.Its all about Money and only money...

Do you think with the class of Zaheer Khan he can drop a simple catch like he did yesterday..

I dont think so..After dropping him they started giving them all simple balls to hit.

Something was definately fishy yesterday...

You should blame Sachin :) who would send Pollard so low down. Sachin was always a crappy captain anywho ..... it helped Chennai win and even though I don't really follow the IPL that closely it still feels good

Back