Car & Bike The Duke has arrived!

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
[attachment=10247:17113.attach]

The new lord of the streets, the KTM Duke 200 is here! Brought in India by Bajaj which has a stake in the Austrian company, KTM makes high quality bikes which routinely monster the Paris Dakar which is supposed to be the toughest race there is. KTM brings with it its German Engineering and design which is absolutely of the highest and best quality!

200 Duke - Highlights - KTM

KTM Duke 200, Review, Price, KTM Bikes India, Comparison, Images, Variants

http://bikeadvice.in/ktm-duke-200-preview/

KTM launches Duke 200 at EICMA

This KTM branded 200cc hooligan weighing 125 Kgs and generating 25 BHP, has astonishing power to weight ratio! "With a kerb weight of 125 kg, it sets a new power-to-weight standard in the 200-250cc segment with 200 bhp per tonne!That should have the 167-kg CBR250R worried."(Taken from Business Standard Motoring)
In simple words, it would probably make mince meat of the CBR250(25 BHP with a much greater kerb weight). As for the Yamaha R15(17 BHP) would be left behind in its dust!

It will be assembled in the Bajaj Plant in Chakan near Pune which bodes well for us Indian bikers - because the parts would be cheap and so would the overall on road pricing. I am dying for it to launch and get myself one. Bajaj Pro Biking centers will sell it and will soon start taking advanced booking for the KTM Duke. Prices are supposed to be between 1.3 to 1.6 lakhs.
On a side note doesn't the KTm Headlight/fairing look like the aliens from Crysis 2?

Attachments

• KTM-Duke-200.jpg
    KTM-Duke-200.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 251
ktm.com said:
The shapely 11 l fuel tank on the 200 Duke not only provides the rider with perfect knee contact, but also with a range of substantially more than 0 km, even when ridden on the edge, thanks to the economic engine.

Good to know that it offers decent mileage too :p

Booking the KTM Duke in January. Selling off my 3 month old Pulsar 135 with loads of modifications for 58k which i bought for 62k and this includes transfer of ownership and RTO reregistration. This cash influx should take care of the KTM downpayment!

vheezay said:
Ohh yaa.. finally even i can say BAJAJ has done a good job !!! me too will sell off my FZ-S and buy the Duke !!! :):)

how exactly?

silencer's look and position is hawt... however, i am concerned about the same because of condition of roads in india during monsoon..

@madnav :- now that u r having a CBR250R...U'll say all the possible things in the world abt Duke 200 :p:p.....
JUST Kidding.. so r u also planning to sell off the honda and get a KTM-BAJAJ :)

Aray Vheezay bro, he is saying how can you be confident that BAJAJ has done a good job when the bike hasnt be released yet :)
vheezay said:
@madnav :- now that u r having a CBR250R...U'll say all the possible things in the world abt Duke 200 :p:p.....

JUST Kidding.. so r u also planning to sell off the honda and get a KTM-BAJAJ :)

@Madnav : You enjoy your CBR250R :mad:, we know there are going to be cons, but let us dream good things about it till it gets on road :p

vheezay said:

nope im not planning to change.

and my question of 'how' still stays :p

what job exactly has bajaj done ?

chiragsthakur said:
Aray Vheezay bro, he is saying how can you be confident that BAJAJ has done a good job when the bike hasnt be released yet :)

@Madnav : You enjoy your CBR250R :mad:, we know there are going to be cons, but let us dream good things about it till it gets on road :p

:p hey im not b**ching, just sharing what i would consider if i were to purchase...

wouldnt want an exhaust filled with mud now would you ?!! :p

Back