The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Gannu said:
^Sunny the newer versions did get rid of the double-click issue AFAIK. I had the previous version DA as well which conked off because of the double click issue after about a year of extensive usage but this one hasn't failed on me yet. Nor have I come across instances of the newer versions failing.

I believe bottle has the newer 3G version. :ashamed:

Gannu, I have the RA too, and it got the double click, now I am not sure if I got the newer version, I wanna get a new mouse, would love to buy the DA again, but just dont want the double click issue cropping up, other than that, its a lovely mouse!

Jasku said:
Gannu, I have the RA too, and it got the double click, now I am not sure if I got the newer version, I wanna get a new mouse, would love to buy the DA again, but just dont want the double click issue cropping up, other than that, its a lovely mouse!
Since when do you have the DA? Look at the image below. This is the back of the newer DA:

getfile.php

Got a Chieftec server cabby. Started assembling parts i'm collecting since Aug 2009 :|

Phenom X2 550BE 0922APMW (Bought in Aug 2009, box opened today!)
Gigabyte 890GX
4x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz
XFX HD6850
OCZ 850W PSU
Assorted HDDs (4 in pic, 2 still to be connected)
BenQ DW1640 (Stole it from Supra :p )

There is a Thermalright HR01X too, but the so-called AM2 mounting doesnt fit :S time to buy a new RM Kit.

Gannu said:
^Sunny the newer versions did get rid of the double-click issue AFAIK. I had the previous version DA as well which conked off because of the double click issue after about a year of extensive usage but this one hasn't failed on me yet. Nor have I come across instances of the newer versions failing.

I believe bottle has the newer 3G version. :ashamed:
the new version i got also has the double click issue. since 2 months i have 3 mice gone for replacement. New DA, MS IE 3.0 & Roccat Kone. All 3 same double click problems. so far i have got only ms ie3 replaced, no idea whats happening with the other 2.

Gannu said:
^Rahul how long did the DA last before it was replaced?
its still not replaced. its been more than 6months now. i gave them my mouse after 3 months they gave the same 1 back & then i returned it & still waiting.

Gannu said:
^Why don't you get it replaced? It has a 2 year warranty AFAIK.
Even I thought it was 2 years. but the SMC guy on the forum says its 1 year.

Have sent an email to razer support to clarify, but the support staff seems dumb and their mailbox is full so I keep getting a Mail Daemon error.

^ once its confirmed that there is no warranty open it up and clean the contact points for the buttons. Its worked for a few peoples

Sony Bravia 40EX520 & A.C. Ryan POHD Mini:

The box as it came from the dealer.
DSC01838.jpg

Back and side panel connectivity.
DSC01840.jpg

Side buttons.
DSC01842.jpg

I tried to click images of video/DTH streaming to the device, but they came out totallyx10 sh$$. My Sony Cyber Shot cannot do this. So, sorry about those images, which are mandate for such thread. But later on you will see the screen size.

Since the Sony Bravia series have a limitation for file support via the USB, I purchased an A.C. Ryan Play on HD [POHD] media player. It is a great device which runs out-of-the-box. Can be connected via a standard CAT-5 cable for firmware updates.

The box and some side information.
DSC01847.jpg

DSC01848.jpg

The device itself. Quite small and dandy. Fanless and sleek.
DSC01852.jpg

Back panel connectivity. Offers HDMI, A/V Audio, and Composite.
DSC01854.jpg

Accessories to complete the comprehensive product. The HDMI cable is a god-send.
DSC01856.jpg

The interface menu, offers customization options.
DSC01859.jpg

DSC01860.jpg

Some of the resolution support.
DSC01866.jpg

And it recognizes FAT/NTFS folder structures.
DSC01868.jpg

Overall this is a nice combination to enable multimedia viewing. A good deal for movie aficionados. I had checked out LCD/LEDs side by side, and thought it was worth the premium.

Last but not the least, tomorrows WC final will look so nice.

Special thanks to:

Gannu, for telling me about the benefits of this LED panel and the perfect combination Media player. Worked out well. Thanks a lot buddy.

Ethan_Hunt, who provided some candid feedback on the A.C Ryan..since he had seen it in action.

Mighty congrats Anil! It did deserve a separate thread IMO. :)

That brushed bezel at the bottom of the panel. :drool2:

Will be buying a POHD mini later next month. Congrats once again and glad that I could be of help. Like I mentioned before do not forget to get a UPS! Calibrate the display to get the best PQ out of it and yeah zip tie those cables as well.

Roxtin said:
Damage for the Sony Bravia 40EX520 & A.C. Ryan POHD Mini??

And yeah enjoy the WC final and bleed 'Dark' Blue :p
64.9K and 6.5K respectively.

Thanks to all for the compliments.

@Gannu:

Just got back from NP, picked up an APC 600VA'er -- RS series.

:)

Back