The "Everyday" show-off thread !

SunnyBoi said:
Our 24 year old Onida caught fire yesterday :( oh well got a replacement!

Panasonic L32U20D, 32inch IPS Screen, FHD, 3xHDMI

MushkiN hai meri raahe :p

Congrats Man :) Looks great, you need to start playing some HD Stuff on it .

Point is, these displays cannot be compared to SPVA panels which boast of better and deeper blacks

I dont know about the TVs lauched in 2011 but all before that at least all Samsung S-PVAs suck big time ! Deep Blacks means jack with all the back light and edge lit issues on the Samsung TVs ! I for one will never recommend Samsung LCD/LEDs to anyone. They are one company which have been fooling customers about panels and quality ranges from damn good to out right disappointing for the same model ! They dont even care about customers to inform of any panel changes. AMOLED to anything , even their own S-PVA they prefer to sell to Sony and other premium customers for more money rather than using in their own products ! What a disappointing way Samsung just to rake in more money !

@ Gannu--- I know you dont watch normal TV/DTH at all for which choice of Sammy is understable :p .... please see some info about the Panasonic scalers....they usually have the best scalers and is recommended the best for normal TV/DTH viewing. Next is LG in scaler and usually Samsung is last even behind epic Sony :D

Philips is damn good but time and again they like to dif their own grave and get themselves and the customers into it :D

^I've done a whole year's research before investing in the display Supra and this meant visiting and re-visiting the Croma outlets in the city with the required sources. I guess I know how the panels fair in displaying the picture. I had almost zeroed down to the Philips 42PFL5609 which had an IPS panel until I chose to calibrate a Samsung display at an outlet. I found it hard to convince myself that the Samsung panel faired the best with HD sources. Unwilling, I took our in-house Doc medpal to do another audition and he reconfirmed it.

Agreed that Panasonic has some of the best upscalers. I wouldn't worry since my sources care jack about upscaling anyway. In case you are unaware, the Sony 2011 lineup with the XRPE is miles ahead of any other display's upscaler released by far. Samsung's lottery policy on the panels is another downer - which is why an informed person wouldn't wall for their trick.

PS: I guess both of us are probably biased towards the respective panels. I'd leave it at the buyer's discretion as to what panel they'd choose ultimately. :p

^^ Ya with HD sources the Samsungs with the Samsung made S-PVA panels fare very well and I agree very much to you. But with SD sources such as normal cable/DTG SD feeds and DivX S-PVA panels had quite a lot of blocking, pixellation and some rare ghosting issues even the 2010 Models. I told I am not much sure of the 2011 Models as I have not gone to the showrooms even once in last 3-4 mnths.

Saw Chaos's Philips 42PFL5609 from day 1 and later no of times but even that TV had lot of software bugs which you will never encounter in the showroom ! From 2009 to 2011 I had got around 10-12 LCD/LEDs/Plasmas for friends/colleagues so I just spoke what was clear from my observation. Also I dont have to go to any Croma here....go to only one place that is Devi Electronics where I can spend any no of hours with any content/connection to test to my desire all the models they have

Since you spoke about the Sony is it available yet ? If yes will check it out surely in the showrooms :D... no idea about those at all .....1 year back even LG/Philips costing 10-15k lesser for comparative models to Sony seemed better to my eye...may be they pulled in their socks finally.

For me most important in TV at least in India is how well they serve with normal SD/DTH and DivX content. Also Samsung had major motherboard issues in late 2009 with their 1st LED models...most of them overheated !

PS : I have a LG 42" Plasma and is no way biased towards Panasonic LCDs :p...buyers discretion is fine but here we are to share our experiences :)

^Chaos doesn't have a 42PFL5609 but a 9000 series without the Ambilight tech. I know he had gotten it off a Reliance outlet which IINM was a display piece and he got it at an awesome price.

Gannu said:
PS: I guess both of us are probably biased towards the respective panels. I'd leave it at the buyer's discretion as to what panel they'd choose ultimately. :p

Damn it Gannu, Did you just tell the buyer to jack himself ? :p (no offense)

^Chaos doesn't have a 42PFL5609 but a 9000 series without the Ambilight tech. I know he had gotten it off a Reliance outlet which IINM was a display piece and he got it at an awesome price.

Ya I meant 9000 series only :p.....it was a display piece from Croma only but its was as good as new and sparingly used as no one cares about Philips LCDs in India .....Samsung/Sony is all everyone knows....Sony thanks to its awesome Trinitron CRT TVs which were a piece of technology in the old days and Samsung because they r a jack of all trades these days :)

Nikon MB D10. 8fps and handles like a single digit nikon :)

unledim.jpg

bottle said:
nice! whats the rest of the audio chain?

The player connectes to an RIAA phono pre-amp to my computer's line-in.

Computer connects via USB to the NuForce uDAC2 to Yamaha HS50m speakers.

It's not the best solution, I should get a receiver at some time.
BF1983 said:
Whats that ugly oversized CD type player on the desk ? :S
It's called an 8 Track player. (Kids these days....)

^ Bought the same mouse from ebay ! 800 bucks . Now waiting for a new mousepad , Goliathus control alpha .

and Bought a Wave II for 14k from letsbuy :D

Sorry for low quality pics ... ZTE Blade :p

BF1983 said:
Whats that ugly oversized CD type player on the desk ? :S

I think it's awesome, actually...
whatsinaname said:
It's called an 8 Track player. (Kids these days....)
^^ I hope you are talking about the thing that looks like a Record Player with the large black record disc. It is just like the one in The Mechanic. :clap:

Where did you get it from?? And Damages?? BTW, did I tell you that it's awesome??

Back