The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Non tech stuff. New shoes and my first mechanical watch.

2S1712H.jpg

I5Wdc18.jpg

Night Shift:

Masters of the Universe - 30th Anniversary Edition:

Got a nice sliding back car to pull out :joyful:
I was a big fan of He-Man in my childhood. I had many figurines of He Man ... Nice to see a forgotten hero :) ..... Congrats...

Amazing Scooby Doo packaging.... loved it....

Awesome and mega awesome watch man! Reminds me of the one that my great grandfather had! Classic! Now don't take my compliment the other way thinking "damn my watch looks so old".. :p
:) I do tend to like designs that have a bit of an "old look".

@whatsinaname how much for the watch and from where? and whats the dia of the case ...looks pretty big..40ish?
watch is very good..

Thats a seagull 1963. Love those vintage classic looking watches. How much and from where

Yep, it is a 42mm version of the seagull 1963. Better pictures and other variations here.
http://www.seagull1963.com/
I bought from a reseller mentioned in this thread. I paid $220 + shipping.
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/1963-chinese-air-force-style-watches-thomas-others-821627.html

There is a 38mm version which looks quite nice as well.

A gif of the mechanism I made today. Accuracy is rated at +-10s/day. 30-40 hour power reserve. Crappy strap though. Have to buy a new one.

iEwKO8ICmLPCM.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This came in yesterday evening. Sourced it off eBay. The eBay listing did not specify that they are bundling a carry bag and a 4GB SD card. I went ahead and placed an order for a Lowepro bag from Flipkart (promptly cancelled it since FK did not ship it yet!). The bundled card was a Sandisk Ultra Class 6 4 GB card whereas I had placed an order for a Sandisk Extreme Class 10 8 GB card.

IMG_0011.jpg

WP_20130518_004.jpg

I haven't touched the bundled 18-55 kit lens since I had also sourced the 50mm Canon lens. This lens is such a beauty! Superb bokeh even with crappy snaps. Take a look below:

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

This cam would replace my aging Panny FZ18 which lasted me for over 5 years now. It was sourced thru KMD from the US and other than a battery change, it never required any service. Besides, this camera was the ONLY thing with me that was Made in Japan!

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

I wish I can Anil but time's very short nowadays. I've got no time to clear off my backlogs leave alone review a device. Moreover, it's been a long time since I reviewed anything. Lost touch of it. Regardless, if I get something to review, I shall definitely consider it. :)

@Black_Hawk - Going home this weekend. Got a few weddings and one of them is at Alleppey. I guess we may be able to do some boatriding in the backwaters.

And WTF are you trying to do with those figurines? :O

Hehe the two were greeting each other with a hug. Nothing more! :p

@stalker..

Brilliant choice for a cam mate. Brave. :) C1, C2 user programmable I presume?. How big is the body compared to Nikon/Canon's? Looks same as low end ones

Yes C1 & C2 are programmable. C2 actually has 3 submodes (accessible via the OSD after setting the dial to C2).
The body is definitely smaller than your entry level T3i/D3100. However, I still plan on grabbing a EPM2 as a pocketable walkaround camera once I find a deal on it (should be easier with the recently announced EP5). The good thing for a deal hunter like me (and bad for early adopters) is that m43rds bodies seem to be losing value real fast. The GX1 for example is currently available for $199/- (body only).

PS - Why brave, the G5 is a VERY good camera? :)

Brave.Well, very few people sway away from canon/nikon brands for SLR's in Indian forums.A very small crowd they are IMO.

Once u get out of india u see the tonnes of Pentax, Lumix SLR users though.

Nice buy mate.

Back