The "Everyday" show-off thread !

I remember the time when I sprayed ink all over our classroom wall. I was aiming to put it on one guy's shirt, but the nib came loose (I had some cheap pen) and the entire ink in the pen was splattered all over the wall. Obviously, the other kid also had ink all over his face. Haha, it was like a cold war between me and him from then on. Had to stand out of the classroom for the whole day while my parents were called in by the Principal. Later, I was asked to scrub the wall, but the damn ink stains wouldn't come off. I don't remember what punishment I got later, but it was a totally worth it moment.

It's a pity that people have forgotten fountain pens. But now days there is some increasing awareness about Premium Fountain pens and FPs being related as a status simbol.
Maybe it's just the scene in India because global pen companies are still releasing $500 $1000 $2000 even today because there is a market for it.
But for lesser beings,finding the sweet spot between price/writing experience is most important. For ex,Iv just ordered a sparcely used FP with a MSRP of $500 for Rs 10k. Show off coming this weekend.
And this being a tech forum,a Fountain Pen only increases in value over time when compared to computers which are obsolete in 1 year :)

DEATH TO BALLPOINT!!!

Micromax Canvas fun A76 | Damages : 8k
q397.png
8pw.png
jx0v.png
s6oz.png

Being a doctor how do you wear watches?
Me being a Surgery post graduate i find my self washing my hands every 20-30 mins at least 20 times a day and taking it off/puting it on 20 times is just a very big hassle...

^Alternatively you can hang it on your second button of coat. I've seen my uncle/bro hanging it there and while performing major surgery they do not wear it.

for checkups i wear my watch but when i am doing tooth extraction or rct that time i remove my watch..:)
The only watch which gets me excited is the IWC Portuguese (1.5L for manual/3L for auto) ... The last but one in your pic looks nice(plain white dial),what model is it?

Being a doctor how do you wear watches?
Me being a Surgery post graduate i find my self washing my hands every 20-30 mins at least 20 times a day and taking it off/puting it on 20 times is just a very big hassle...
I have OCD and do the same and am used to it :D I keep my left pant pocket free for my watch :p

tissot v8 under servicing , hmt pilot on the way

Holy...cow...! What a collection, sir. Probably the best here on TE...! Keep it going, and wear them in good health.[DOUBLEPOST=1379575487][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's a pity that people have forgotten fountain pens. But now days there is some increasing awareness about Premium Fountain pens and FPs being related as a status simbol.

Fountain pens are something of a legacy which either people love or find not use for. Similar is happening with watches. But there is a school of thought: Vinyl, straight razors, mechanical watches, fountain pens...!

Purchased an Asus DRW-24B3ST DVD-writer for 725/- from member PJK (this drive can function as a Lite-on drive too).

G1S4yG8l.jpg

Got a TP-Link TL-WDR3600 dual-band router, complete with dd-wrt and transmission installed, in a nice deal from a very knowledgeable and co-operative forum-member (dheerajjotwani). not quoting the price deliberately, as it was more of a cordial gesture than just a give-and-take deal. :D

vjvWsgPl.jpg

Maybe it's just the scene in India because global pen companies are still releasing $500 $1000 $2000 even today because there is a market for it.
But for lesser beings,finding the sweet spot between price/writing experience is most important. For ex,Iv just ordered a sparcely used FP with a MSRP of $500 for Rs 10k. Show off coming this weekend.
And this being a tech forum,a Fountain Pen only increases in value over time when compared to computers which are obsolete in 1 year :)

DEATH TO BALLPOINT!!!

there are 500 dollar ball pens available as well! so no, the ball point is not dying.. i personally prefer purchasing the pens you mentioned above without the fountain, i prefer the ball ;)

Purchased an Asus DRW-24B3ST DVD-writer for 725/- from member PJK (this drive can function as a Lite-on drive too).

G1S4yG8l.jpg

Got a TP-Link TL-WDR3600 dual-band router, complete with dd-wrt and transmission installed, in a nice deal from a very knowledgeable and co-operative forum-member (dheerajjotwani). not quoting the price deliberately, as it was more of a cordial gesture than just a give-and-take deal. :D

vjvWsgPl.jpg

nice, i was offered that router a few days back, but declined :)
good that the router found a home... please pos your experience with the same!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back