The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Got these for New Rig from Lamington road yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_20141207_190214.jpg
    IMG_20141207_190214.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 260
Man, i got the exact same radio off FK for my grandma a year ago. You have no idea how happy she is with it, as i'm sure your grandmother will be! :)

LoL... that's nice! Yes, my Gandma loves to listen to radio at dawn and sometimes during the evening when she has had enough of tele watching. Thing is she had a Philips DL167 set prior to this one and that after 6 long years of service developed a wobbly volume slider so I bought her this and she is happy with this one as it's slightly more louder and sounds better as well. I've got the DL167 repaired in the the mean time and now Ma uses that to listen to some light radio in the wintry afternoons.

Surprised to see no Redmi 1S show offs...and the phone is still in stock.
Is this a good phone as a backup? How is the After Sales Service? Shud i go for this or the Moto E?

How good are these wireless repeaters?

I haven't extensively used it yet. Infact yesterday was first day sort of. It is strictly OK i would say. It does give some range boost but not like a lot. For example, in my room, usually i get main router signal at say if -90dB (or more, basically bad signal) and then I place this in mid-way then I get strength something like-65dB through the repeater.
I feel these may not be able to handle video calls properly or yesterday internet at my place was not upto the mark. I had very choppy images on facetime but before that when I have used FaceTime using main router, images weren't that choppy, may be connection at the other end may also be bad. I am going to test it more.
But if you want a seriously good repeater then I say look elsewhere.

any of the iphone 6+ show off guys, can one of you please check the crashing issue in chrome or in safari...when you visit Gmail in desktop mode? Try zooming in and out several times and see whether it's crashes with out of memory issue? Jetsam event. some time it makes to reboot itself... more detailed video here,

I need to decide today, whether to get replacement or live with it :(

Lol i registered via LTT for a giveaway for one of these :oops:
Was tempted to get the DT990's last month (they were under 200 i think) but don't know anyone who's picked up stuff from em. I don't want to deal with customs.
You getting it through someone from the US or shipped directly to India ?

Last edited:
Back