The "Everyday" show-off thread !

1. you have to be a resident. (h1/l1 visa + 6+months stay in the state)
2. fall under exception because you are not permanent resident. (have a hunting license)

but yeah, something like this will never be possible in India, even if you follow all the rules. unless you bribe your way out of it.
You won't get licence easily even after bribing enough :p

Had my eyes on this cutie for a while now. CRKT CEO.
39472A9D-7C57-4BAA-B0C0-1591ABEBAF69.jpeg

Also got some mods for the beretta. New grips and reduced powered striker spring.
Before
384A3104-BD50-48E6-A9AC-B17CA1FE2FBD.jpeg
F48B8C4E-6CE4-40C9-854A-1FB8DF6F5941.jpeg

After
022FD0EB-D706-4144-BC71-90EF6EA0F66C.jpeg

Shotgun? check
9mm? check
knife? check

prepping for the zombie apocalypse ? :p
Nah. It’s winter and too cold to go out for hikes and flying. That’s why I am on a shopping binge. This feb is mostly below -5C and we’ve been hit with cold fronts. Yesterday and today was -10c. Gotta keep myself busy with something.

Also got some mods for the beretta. New grips and reduced powered striker spring.
Before
View attachment 78872 View attachment 78871
After
View attachment 78873

Nah. It’s winter and too cold to go out for hikes and flying. That’s why I am on a shopping binge. This feb is mostly below -5C and we’ve been hit with cold fronts. Yesterday and today was -10c. Gotta keep myself busy with something.

What, you already had an APX !!?? Typical american excess hmmph!

Do you use the same ammo for both pistols? Or different loads?

Also, it's probably not humanly noticeable, but does a striker-fired gun feel different from a hammer fired one?

Last edited by a moderator:
What, you already had an APX !!?? Typical american excess hmmph!

Do you use the same ammo for both pistols? Or different loads?
I’ve the apx for over a year. Shot something like 2500+ rounds through it. It’s a striker fired with around 6.5lb trigger. I wanted something with more accurate and lighter trigger. People were suggesting 1911s but they are usually three times the price for a good one. That’s why I got the sig. it’s extremely good for the price. Below targets are from a month ago before I got the sig. distance is between 7yds and 20 yds. I shot something like 400+ rounds that day. Accuracy decreased as I got tired. Targets with fewer shots are usually at 20 yds range.
EB3F9621-21D4-46B6-83CB-79A78F31E686.jpeg

Attachments

• 27CBA78C-B0FC-4943-B659-52D23310CEA9.jpeg
    27CBA78C-B0FC-4943-B659-52D23310CEA9.jpeg
    425.3 KB · Views: 261
how do you manage to get RC parts thru customs? friend tried to get some imported and even after having permit from wireless authority in india, RC shipments always get flagged at customs and take 3~4 months to clear and also meanwhile he's always charged more customs than rules requires
I usually order through banggood, never faced issues with customs except for one time when I ordered a video transmitter, they sent a legal notice to me about presenting a NOC from the wireless authority, I din't have time for that crap and just paid the penalty of Rs 500. Well, you just need luck. I ordered a radio transmitter through a US store and got it without paying any customs. Parts like video trasmitters, I try to get them locally here in India, although the price may be little higher, but guaranteed to reach you. OR I just buy parts when I'm in the US.

Was in market for a Bluetooth Speaker. Tried Anker Soundcore 2 but it was not to my liking. I decided to buy a better brand and I got this for $53 (some credit card offer and such) so it was ok. Sound is good and I have never used bose products before so I have no way to compare with any other bose speaker.

694fd1a8850a5d508ef2d44ff10d055f.jpg

cee3a74139ba73141841a1de6f6a8d53.jpg

I already have echo plus which surprisingly produces good sound, but still wanted better quality and more sound output. Initially wanted to go with some floorstanders and av receiver, but lack of space and staying in rental home made me to go for smaller ones which gives good output.

Finally last week bought bose soundtouch 30 :)
20190224_074745.jpg

New Case and Fan upgrade

Nice. Where'd you pick up the case from?

Also where can I get some custom cables from in India if you would happen to know?

Btw, I hate that GPU sag too.. but more than that I friggin hate my case the NZXT Phantom 410.. it's just a pain to build in. Looking out for an upgrade to the case but can't zero in on one simply because all the designs lately just seem to be dust magnets and given our climate and conditions... Dust + Black = utter eyesore

Was in market for a Bluetooth Speaker. Tried Anker Soundcore 2 but it was not to my liking. I decided to buy a better brand and I got this for $53 (some credit card offer and such) so it was ok. Sound is good and I have never used bose products before so I have no way to compare with any other bose speaker.

694fd1a8850a5d508ef2d44ff10d055f.jpg

cee3a74139ba73141841a1de6f6a8d53.jpg
Whatever the hatred for Bose, they make solid long lasting products. A working tech is better than a super good sounding tech that dies after few years. These should last you long :)

Last edited:
IMG-20190301-WA0000.jpeg 20190301_220718.jpg

Added the led strips can't do anything about the GPU sag at the moment ! I'll be upgrading to ryzen 3rd gen and new GPU in coming months will use a vertical mount on it,

Will be cleaning the slight dust particles which seeped in today due to furniture work in next room.

Nice. Where'd you pick up the case from?

Also where can I get some custom cables from in India if you would happen to know?

Btw, I hate that GPU sag too.. but more than that I friggin hate my case the NZXT Phantom 410.. it's just a pain to build in. Looking out for an upgrade to the case but can't zero in on one simply because all the designs lately just seem to be dust magnets and given our climate and conditions... Dust + Black = utter eyesore
Picked up the Case form SP road, Phanteks distributor :)

Custom cables are very hard to find, best way is to have them imported, which custom cable in specific are you asking about ?

Back