The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Yep. Employer is paying.

Not really a fanboy. So far I have owned an iPod touch and iphone SE both of which were sold off as I could never get used to the Apple ecosystem. So this is my second foray.
Everyone is on same boat I suppose :p

I meant the M1 Pro 14.
Oh, based on my work I was more or less decided on the screen size and prioritized on getting the newer chipset and bigger storage (I will not be using any external storage, just periodic backups to my home NAS and would like to avoid iCloud as far as possible). Besides there is the advantage of longer battery runtime for normal tasks like browsing (majority of my work will be via the browser VDI). And then there was also the budget - it was not unlimited :)

Oh, based on my work I was more or less decided on the screen size and prioritized on getting the newer chipset and bigger storage (I will not be using any external storage, just periodic backups to my home NAS and would like to avoid iCloud as far as possible). Besides there is the advantage of longer battery runtime for normal tasks like browsing (majority of my work will be via the browser VDI). And then there was also the budget - it was not unlimited :)

Yeah, the browser scores are higher with M2.
What was the total cost since this is custom deployment ? Apple says 1.8L. Any discounts (student etc) ?
The M1 Pro 14 512gb is cheaper than this right now, plus I'm getting the 16 inch M1 Pro variant for ~ 2L nett after all discounts and CB.
M2 Air is really in a wierd place wrt pricing.

What was the total cost since this is custom deployment ? Apple says 1.8L. Any discounts (student etc) ?
Yes it was the same. There was a puny 6k cashback on HDFC CC which was really an instant discount.
I'm getting the 16 inch M1 Pro variant for ~ 2L nett after all discounts and CB.
I suppose this would be an excellent choice if you need the bigger and better display. I feel one should really go big if intent on the Pro. I am not really sure on how big a jump are the 13 / 14 inch pros over the M2 Air in real life. If buying from an offline store do check on the casback. I was told it would take 3 months etc. etc.
Better yet, you could wait till Sep and see what Apple unfolds and try your luck during the festival time assuming you get even more discounts.

Yes it was the same. There was a puny 6k cashback on HDFC CC which was really an instant discount.

I suppose this would be an excellent choice if you need the bigger and better display. I feel one should really go big if intent on the Pro. I am not really sure on how big a jump are the 13 / 14 inch pros over the M2 Air in real life. If buying from an offline store do check on the casback. I was told it would take 3 months etc. etc.
Better yet, you could wait till Sep and see what Apple unfolds and try your luck during the festival time assuming you get even more discounts.

I'm coming from a 16 inch screen, so anything less will feel like a downgrade.
Do you think the prices are bound to go lower ? I'm getting 11% off on MBP + 10K cashback.
Aptronix has 10% off on both MBP + AC combo + 10k cashback.
Most other stores are just doing 4-5% off.
Do Diwali offers get better than this ?

image.jpg
Let me also joined the fun ;)
MacBook Pro M2, 16gb ram, 256gb storage in-house :angelic:

39619EA8-5207-4607-A92C-0D48BD066B42.jpeg

Of course company property :hilarious:

Are macbooks used as office devices in software development? Or is it more so in content creation industry??
In my industry (automotive), I have NEVER seen any macbook as primary device.

I'm coming from a 16 inch screen, so anything less will feel like a downgrade.
Do you think the prices are bound to go lower ? I'm getting 11% off on MBP + 10K cashback.
Aptronix has 10% off on both MBP + AC combo + 10k cashback.
Most other stores are just doing 4-5% off.
Do Diwali offers get better than this ?
Actually that is a pretty decent discount. I recall Ipads and Macbook Airs going at some discount ~12 - 15% last year during the festival time but not sure on the Pros. I don't have a crystal ball on what the prices will be this year.

Back