The "Everyday" show-off thread !

I don't have any such pain. But are these mouses really effective and not just another gimmick without proper research backing them? How does it feel to use such a mouse?
There are studies to back them -
However getting used to one is tough. I have CTS but could not adapt to one; compromised with a MX Master 3.

Got a low profile ThermalTake UX100 CPU Cooler for my second PC.
TT_Ux100_Collage.jpg

Seems pretty decent.
Most importantly, it fits the very narrow case that I have for this PC (the Wraith Prism does not fit - cannot close side panel with it!).

I don't have any such pain. But are these mouses really effective and not just another gimmick without proper research backing them? How does it feel to use such a mouse?
They do help with carpal tunnel. Even Logitech has some variations (Microsoft too) in US. All we get are copycats in India. They primarily make you move your arm instead of your wrist, plus the grip and button placements are easier on your smaller joints.

The cheapo chinese things are gimmick. Very few brands have aced the vertical mouse ergonomics. Evoluent, Perixx are the best here. Anker too has one very good model. Evoluent 4 is the best vertical mouse but it costs 15k. It took me a day to get used to and whenever I try to use a normal mouse, I can feel the different in comfort. Vertical is definitely the way to go (atleast for me). This is how it looks. The thumb placement for this mouse is exactly how it has to be. Enough room to rest your thumb. Look at the groove where your pinky finger rests. This groove is better as your pinky finger would not rest on desk/mat. The angle too is properly vertical so your arm stays in one straight line from elbow to fingers. Best thing with Perixx and this mouse is that your wrist need not move. You only have to move your arm. Even if you move your wrist, the movement is natural.

evoluent4.jpg

Hey I Have the EXACT SAME Keyboard Keychron right?
Yeah. K2 V2.
There are studies to back them -
However getting used to one is tough. I have CTS but could not adapt to one; compromised with a MX Master 3.
Which mouse did you try? I heard MX Lift is a bad ergonomic mouse.

Last edited:
LOL. That is not a mouse, that a di*k. :D
It was recommended by the physician. According to him, irrespective of its name, it is a "true" vertical mouse and more effective than the others which are just "ergonomic" ones including the likes of yours. It is like a joystick but I could not get used to it.
Lets get back on topic please.

Last edited:
I doubt if anyone can get used to it. How do you do scrolling with this one? And how hard is it to move the pointer in small movements?
Think of it as a normal mouse without scrollwheel. Obviously its primary objective is to make sure your wrist stays good allowing you a semblance of a mouse. Just like you mention, my usability and, hence, productivity were severely compromised.

Back