Global Moral Police
Skilled
Nov 10, 2007
Pune, India
Desecrator said:
Congrats Vishal & Amey! :D

Vishal, so what are your impressions on the TV's glossy glass front? :p
Thanks!

Yea, glossy screen looks good when the TV is turned off ehehe. Glossy screens have always bothered me, especially for PC monitors. This one is bearable for watching TV shows. As soon as you want to watch a movie, you have to close all the curtains to block as much light as possible (or keep the lights dimmed at night) :)

I thought people would be poking fun at me for getting a Sony HT system hah.

This is mainly for mom n dad's use (I've had zero interest in HDTV/HT system) - too bad there are 101 buttons to press just to get audio/video up and running - very user-unfriendly operation.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
^Read your thread on that. Like TechHead has suggested, get a learning remote such as the Harmony and have it configured so with the touch of a button, all the above settings are enabled - requires a lot of tinkering though. In my case, I have safely kept aside the TV remote after having it calibrated. Don't have anything apart from the PS3 connected to it. :p

@Udit: :p

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007
Congrats vishalrao:)

@Amey
How about the customs and how long it took for it to arrive my bro got charged 300 bucks as tax for a $10 R6 exhaust parts and took them 1.5months for it come VIA USPS priority mail,with only the box and part left,all the other packaging stuff and cover were all missing.

Amey

Disciple
Dec 3, 2008
www.indianaudioforum.com
@Amey
How about the customs and how long it took for it to arrive my bro got charged 300 bucks as tax for a $10 R6 exhaust parts and took them 1.5months for it come VIA USPS priority mail,with only the box and part left,all the other packaging stuff and cover were all missing.

I have a clearing agent who does the duty payment and related stuff for me.Whatever I have ordered till date from Ebay or some other stores has reached me. Once the package was dispatched by the seller,it has always reached Mumbai in a weeks time or so.After which I ask my agent to do the needful.

Amey dude, where do all these parts go ? :s
Are you like building a cadilac ? :p

Lol these parts are going into my project Lancer :)

Neo-N

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
Mumbai
FaH33m said:
One day your call will fly :O Congrats Amey !
Lolzzz..... Hope Amey doesn't set out to conquer the galaxy in his spaceship.... er..... Lancer.....!!!

BTW, great project Amey.... I follow it on TeamBHP as well..... :)

Apr 9, 2008
Kolhapur<-->Pune
These need no introduction :p
RE2.jpg

got it from Amarbir's open-box deal.

djmykey

Skilled
Mar 16, 2005
vishalrao said:
Here's another everyday showoff. "Everyday" coz pretty much every Tom, Dick, Harry and frankmehta are already in the game :D

Sony Bravia 40 inch NX500 model CCFL LCD TV with the, uh :ashamed: ahem, Sony Blu-Ray BDV-E870 HT system.

Hole in pocket: Rs 56k for the TV and 36k for the HT.

Thats the very same TV I have... congo bongo !!!!!

Switch

Skilled
Jan 13, 2005
Some stuff i have purchased over a small period of time.

Linksys Wifi N ADSL Router Modem

Xbox 360 Arcade Jasper with 60 GB starter Kit

Dell Inspiron 1564 with Vostro Style Looks(i3 + 3GB DDR3)

Panasonic TZ10 Superzoom

iPad 16GB Wifi

iPhone 4 16GB

Had an off today after a long while and wifey ordered to clean the wardrobe. Was stacking away the boxes so thought about posting in this thread.