The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Razer Viper V2 Pro photo dump. :p

IMG_20220717_140907.jpg
IMG_20220717_140107.jpg
IMG_20220717_140118__01.jpg
IMG_20220717_140111.jpg
IMG_20220717_221911.jpg

Got this baby over the weekend... Issued to me by my new workplace.

IMG_20220716_165533290_HDR.jpg

M1 pro chipset, 14 inch 32gb 512gb MacBook Pro.

First time user on macOS and have to say the hype is real.

Top notch hardware build quality, performance and insane battery life.

macOS is pretty nice but I still prefer the "freedom" of a nice linux desktop environment.

Oh, and Homebrew FTW

Got this baby over the weekend... Issued to me by my new workplace.

View attachment 140052

M1 pro chipset, 14 inch 32gb 512gb MacBook Pro.

First time user on macOS and have to say the hype is real.

Top notch hardware build quality, performance and insane battery life.

macOS is pretty nice but I still prefer the "freedom" of a nice linux desktop environment.

Oh, and Homebrew FTW
what do you work and which company?

Enjoy the performance bump. ;D
Ayy thanks, altho bought it mainly for the increased capacity (16+8 SRx16 to 16+16 DRx8). The only game I occasionally play is FH5, and the avg fps went up from 61 to 65 with my settings so not much of a bump really (altho stutters and 0.1% lows saw a very significant improvement).
I used about 14-18GB of RAM at any given time with just browser tabs, and I didn't want to close tabs just to play games hence the upgrade. Now I can comfortably do both :p
EDIT: Maybe I'll try out CSGO to see if that has had any impact and report back.

Ayy thanks, altho bought it mainly for the increased capacity (16+8 SRx16 to 16+16 DRx8). The only game I occasionally play is FH5, and the avg fps went up from 61 to 65 with my settings so not much of a bump really (altho stutters and 0.1% lows saw a very significant improvement).
I used about 14-18GB of RAM at any given time with just browser tabs, and I didn't want to close tabs just to play games hence the upgrade. Now I can comfortably do both :p
EDIT: Maybe I'll try out CSGO to see if that has had any impact and report back.
I know, all those tabs are of ANIME :p

I used about 14-18GB of RAM at any given time with just browser tabs, and I didn't want to close tabs just to play games hence the upgrade.

How many tabs do you have open? I just tried opening like 50+ tabs and I have shit ton of extension yet chrome is using less than 4gb RAM.

1658306673240.png

CS:GO will have atleast 10-15% boost in fps.

I know, all those tabs are of ANIME :p
Haha I wish :p
How many tabs do you have open? I just tried opening like 50+ tabs and I have shit ton of extension yet chrome is using less than 4gb RAM.

View attachment 140110
I just have a separate window open for each thing and just never close tabs unless I'm done working on them - so there is one window for each project at work (3 windows with about 20-25 tabs total, including colab, sheets, docs etc), one window for techenclave, youtube, reddit etc, and one for personal accounts (email, calendar etc.) At any given time, I have a minimum of 50 active tabs spread across multiple windows, plus a few other things running on laptop itself (WhatsApp Web, Signal, MusicBee, Cloudflare Warp, G-Hub etc).
Now I don't have to close anything and can just have things open for as much as I want. And yea Brave shows only 3.2GB RAM being used right now in the "Apps" subcolumn, but if you go to the "Background Processes" and check there, there will be a separate process for each tab; at least for me. So there are 40-50 more Brave background processes running for me which take anywhere from 6mb to 150mb. At an average of say 100mb per tab, that's another 4-5GB of RAM gone, taking the total to 7GB of RAM right now being used. Windows takes another 3-4GB RAM, and the total RAM usage rn is 13GB for me.

Small upgrades:

Swapped MSI A520M to Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC. Will be swapping out the standard 3168 card to an AX210 very soon.
XSPC D5 reservoir with a new D5 pump and new XSPC barbs
CM MWE450 swapped to a Corsair RM450
Sunny, what case is this?

Sunny, what case is this?
Silverstone PS15. Pretty much the perfect matx case and is quite cheap too!

The case is just perfect for me. Its so good, I ditched my big bulky PC and went for a small mATX setup just so I can keep the case. There is so much more space without a bigger case and looks so good!

asds.jpg

Last edited:
Back