The "Everyday" show-off thread !

With a proper 10 fan layout you can make it work with an air cooled rig. Even I'm intrigued on how well it does thermally once I have shifted my rig into the case. The option of getting and AIO is always open but I think I won't need one. AK620 as it is keeps my 5600X well under check and the 3 fans bringing in cool air from the bottom will prevent the GPU from getting too toasty.

This is the Fan-layout I have decided for the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic case:

Now I have this itch to upgrade to O11D. Thinking whether to take Evo or wait for Evo XL. Evo XL was supposed to launch this month, right?

There are new o11's coming in just a few months with the frameless designs.. and perosnally from what i've seen the NV7 is a way batter case anyway? the desgin is unique and the bottom actually has decent uplift for the air to come in.

my NV7 was just shipped yesterday so hopefully it lives up to its reviews and the hype.. thinking about custom watercooling aswell.. it would be my first time and doing diffcult bends like this seems haunting but its going to be fun af! i'm having a hard time finding a gpu block otherwise i would have already oredred the parts :D

1690467800989.png

Let me know what your feedback about the Kishi is. I have seen it drop in price and thought a few times about buying it to play some emulated games on the phone.

Now I have this itch to upgrade to O11D. Thinking whether to take Evo or wait for Evo XL. Evo XL was supposed to launch this month, right?

Go with whichever you case you like, be it the O11 Dynamic EVO XL or the Phanteks NV7. I personally do not like the inner design of the NV7 nor it's askew bottom. But that's just me. I like smart, sharp, classic monolithic frameworks. Like I said, cases are a very subjective thing.

Or maybe try to find the MetallicGear Qube 1 with the white/black color scheme.. costed only 10k just a few months ago. maybe someone still has it in stock.

1690472104246.png

Are you sure? They started closed reviews few weeks ago right? Also, Cannot find the product anywhere.

Yup, even I can't find it being sold anywhere yet.

------
@Black_Hawk
A very valuable advice... before shifting your components to the new O11, note down temperature readings on your existing case for cpu, mobo, gpu, storage etc. both idle and when on load aka gaming etc.
This will help you benchmark the cooling performance once you shift everything inside O11.

I own a 2016 Skoda Octavia Ambition model. Ambition model comes with dual barrel reflector headlights and halogen bulbs. I had upgraded the low beam to Xenon and High beam to LED but I found the throw to be very poor and I was searching for an alternative. I came accross these headlights which look exactly like Style and L&K model headlights but are plug and play for ambition model, and have cool LED animation when they start.
The output is significantly better as compared to reflector headlights and DRL animation is just the cherry on top. Have a look at this video.

Bought HiSense 55E7K PRO QLED - 55 inch, which supposedly does 240Hz (1080P), and 144Hz (4K), initial impressions are not that great compared (in terms of picture quality) to my 2-year-old Mi 55-inch QLED but this one is especially for gaming on PS5 so going to see how it performs in the next few days!
For casual gaming, I didn't want to spur up to buying the LG C2 OLED 120Hz, but I did want higher refresh rates on a large screen and this was the only TV that can do it.
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-28 at 17.16.18.jpg

Last edited:
Bought HiSense 55E7K PRO QLED - 55 inch, which supposedly does 240Hz (1080P), and 144Hz (4K), initial impressions are not that great compared (in terms of picture quality) to my 2-year-old Mi 55-inch QLED but this one is especially for gaming on PS5 so going to see how it performs in the next few days!
For casual gaming, I didn't want to spur up to buying the LG C2 OLED 120Hz, but I did want higher refresh rates on a large screen and this was the only TV that can do it.
What differences have your found in terms of picture quality ? It should be equal or better than Hisense U7H which is a very color accurate screen. Hisense do not offer any artificial enhancement such as LG's cinema mode. You will get to see how the movie is graded with no fake over the top grading.
There are cinema modes in Hisense but they don't offer over the top grading and are very neutral looking. Have you tried cinema day and cinema night ? Both are quite color accurate.

View attachment 173783
I too got the same tv.Its good.

What differences have your found in terms of picture quality ? It should be equal or better than Hisense U7H which is a very color accurate screen. Hisense do not offer any artificial enhancement such as LG's cinema mode. You will get to see how the movie is graded with no fake over the top grading.
There are cinema modes in Hisense but they don't offer over the top grading and are very neutral looking. Have you tried cinema day and cinema night ? Both are quite color accurate.
The colors are a bit saturated, and reds and greens are quite prominent, but that is not the major issue, it can be adjusted to your liking, the issue is with the panel quality, it's a QLED so it should have deep blacks as my Mi QLED does, but somehow the blacks on this Hisense looks like a very dark shade of blue, It also has a lot of noise in those blacks, I cannot seem to capture it on camera, but its quite noticeable in person. I am watching it from about 8 Feet away and I can still notice it so I don't really know what to do.
The audio quality sucks, like it really really sucks, Imagine a TV with bad speakers like most sub 20K range TVs and then just add an equally bad subwoofer to it. the audio is not at all crisp, you cannot differentiate the tones of the music playing, it just has a bit of bass, My Mi's QLED speakers on the other hand are 10X better than the speakers on this E7K PRO, it sounds a lot better and has bass too even without a subwoofer.
Then there is the software, lets say if this was a 20-30K TV I would have been fine, but for a 50K TV this software just doesn't cut it, Vidaa OS should pretty much be in a development phase, It lacks a lot of basic features, it lacks apps, You cannot even uninstall default apps that came with your TV. so I am stuck with apps that I don't need or never ever going to use for the remainder of its life.

Back