The "Everyday" show-off thread !

The colors are a bit saturated, and reds and greens are quite prominent, but that is not the major issue, it can be adjusted to your liking, the issue is with the panel quality, it's a QLED so it should have deep blacks as my Mi QLED does, but somehow the blacks on this Hisense looks like a very dark shade of blue, It also has a lot of noise in those blacks, I cannot seem to capture it on camera, but its quite noticeable in person. I am watching it from about 8 Feet away and I can still notice it so I don't really know what to do.
You can adjust the blacks in video settings. There are tons to settings to play with.

@Black_Hawk[/USER] A very valuable advice... before shifting your components to the new O11, note down temperature readings on your existing case for cpu, mobo, gpu, storage etc. both idle and when on load aka gaming etc.
This will help you benchmark the cooling performance once you shift everything inside O11.

I already have made a note of that mate but honestly I'm not too worried about thermals in the O11. I think after a few days of keeping a check on the CPU and GPU temps I will forget and just leave it be. Maybe just glance at the temps once in a while. I would just immerse myself in gaming... unless the system becomes unstable. I will however definitely post what temps I get on the O11 vis-a-vis what I was getting in my Corsair 780T full tower... I know you will be interested in that mate :)

P.S. If I do find the thermals are too high for my liking (which I heavily doubt with my 5600X on an AK620 and RX6600 GPU) I will just go get an AIO and be done. :)

Go with whichever you case you like, be it the O11 Dynamic EVO XL or the Phanteks NV7. I personally do not like the inner design of the NV7 nor it's askew bottom. But that's just me. I like smart, sharp, classic monolithic frameworks. Like I said, cases are a very subjective thing.
Decided to keep Lancool 215 for now, upgrade to add more fans as I don't think 2 front (one stopped working already) and single rear is able to give good amount of cooling for components. Will be getting SL-Infinity and Strimer cables. Will upgrade to upcoming O11D Evo RGB 2023 edition (key update being no black bar on the left side where front glass and side glass panels combine) once it is out.

Like where? I never had to do anything on the Mi QLED, it was perfect out of the box, what settings should be adjusted to get deep blacks?
Deep blacks ?
I haven't seen other QLED TV's but having a few LED's extra should not result in deep blacks. So the MI TV has significantly better black performance compared to Hisense ? That's interesting.

How is the backlight bleed in MI from the corners of the Tv ?

Bought HiSense 55E7K PRO QLED - 55 inch, which supposedly does 240Hz (1080P), and 144Hz (4K), initial impressions are not that great compared (in terms of picture quality) to my 2-year-old Mi 55-inch QLED but this one is especially for gaming on PS5 so going to see how it performs in the next few days!
For casual gaming, I didn't want to spur up to buying the LG C2 OLED 120Hz, but I did want higher refresh rates on a large screen and this was the only TV that can do it.
View attachment 173783
This is going to be a long rant- I was in search of a large-size monitor earlier this month and the wild idea of getting a TV crossed my mind, that is when I looked into Hisense, LG, and Sony models. LG, Sony, and Samsung are at least consistent somewhat in their models but Hisense was very misleading, to say the least. I was particularly interested in that 55U7H given the IPS panel and FALD with 120Hz refresh rate. At 80 ppi would mean I had to sit at least 90-110cm farther from the screen. Botched the idea and went with the monitor. Then came prime day and the Amazon prime day salespeople like Vineeth Malhotra making videos on new models being released.
Hisense had put up a few new models this time with not what people wanted but what could sell with buzz words. The lineup included the A6K with 120 HRR (Big Lol), E7K Pro with 240 HRR (Lol). What I found deceptive about Hisense was that they had doubled down on their misleading claims. Earlier I said they had a half-decent model like 55U7H (with 32-72 dimming zones) in their lineup and now with E7K pro they changed to a VA panel (cause many people complained about the supposed cheap IPS panel) and there was no mention of it being FALD.
Hisense E7K Pro- https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/b22c3346
Hisense U7H- https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/15162c7a

IMO FALD is crucial for any LCD display like IPS or VA, to overcome their weakness, and the supposed upgrade didn't have it or Hisense was not confident to market it. Now I knew people will run into issues like poor blacks, screen bleed, and uniformity.
In the end, I can somewhat understand the sentiment of these companies wanting to sell sub-par upgrades and keep the customer base wanting a newer model the next year around. Even LG has succumbed to this. I can only see them being more ad-driven moving forward. The great Micro-LED display is still in R&D with issues of production and scaling being reported.
I wish for FALD to become commonplace for upcoming monitors and TVs, for the self-emissive to become more resilient, and for Micro-LED (and heck even Nano-LED) to come soon. Latter would be just my wishful thinking for now...

Deep blacks ?
I haven't seen other QLED TV's but having a few LED's extra should not result in deep blacks. So the MI TV has significantly better black performance compared to Hisense ? That's interesting.

How is the backlight bleed in MI from the corners of the Tv ?
I dont have the space to do a side by side neither do I have a camera that can capture it, but yeah Mi Qled is miles better than Hisense Qled. Watching the same video back to back, i can see the difference.
The backlight bleed is very very minimal and blacks are very uniform.

Any ideas on how to capture this in camera? I have iphone 13pro max and Z flip 4.

I dont have the space to do a side by side neither do I have a camera that can capture it, but yeah Mi Qled is miles better than Hisense Qled. Watching the same video back to back, i can see the difference.
The backlight bleed is very very minimal and blacks are very uniform.

Any ideas on how to capture this in camera? I have iphone 13pro max and Z flip 4.
@mods please move this discussion to separate thread.

New Fans for my Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL ROG build:
IMG_20230728_205903.jpg

Corsair AF120 (Blue LED)
Cooler Master MF120 S3 Triple Loop ARGB
XPG Vento Pro 120 Servo Nidec "Gentle Typhoon
Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

Cheers!

Cpu temps were hitting 80 degrees on 35% load, thanks to 3090 breathing hot air onto CPU.
Time to overhaul cooling system.

Lian Li Uni Fan Sl-Infinity 120 Cabinet Fan Triple Pack Black (G99-12SLIN3B-IN):-7950/-
Lian Li Strimer Plus V2 24-Pin Argb Motherboard Extension Cable (G89-Pw24-Pv2-In):-5250/-
Lian Li Strimer Plus 3X8 V2 Argb Gpu Extension Cable With Controller (G89-Pw12-Pv2-In):-4640/-
AG620 ARGB : 4600/-
Kryonaut: 799/-
Above prices are including tax.

Attachments

• IMG_3204.jpeg
    IMG_3204.jpeg
    376 KB · Views: 126
Based off of Quantified Scientist's reviews, seems to be the most accurate budget smartwatch - within a couple or so percent accuracy of Apple smartwatches for HR and fitness. Lacks in sleep tracking smarts but I don't care much about the same since I bought it for fitness purpose. $137 after taxes. LatAm version but works perfectly with watchfaces and App Gallery after making a UK Huawei account as described here

First true smartwatch/fitness band and very impressed with it.

Attachments

• 20230801_023214.jpg
    20230801_023214.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 108
Based off of Quantified Scientist's reviews, seems to be the most accurate budget smartwatch - within a couple or so percent accuracy of Apple smartwatches for HR and fitness. Lacks in sleep tracking smarts but I don't care much about the same since I bought it for fitness purpose. $137 after taxes. LatAm version but works perfectly with watchfaces and App Gallery after making a UK Huawei account as described here

First true smartwatch/fitness band and very impressed with it.

Congratulations!

Didn't you buy a Smart Watch a month back or so or is this different from your other one functionally?

Congratulations!

Didn't you buy a Smart Watch a month back or so or is this different from your other one functionally?
Watchy is essentially just an Arduino device with an e-ink display strapped to one's wrist. It doesn't even have syncing compatibility with phone. But I got that more as a tool for getting into C/Arduino, and it's proven its worth for it. It's appeal is hackable hardware and software, not actually as a watch as such.

This one is a smartwatch with health stats, phone notifications, on board storage etc. Since coming to the US, I have gained a lot of weight and I wanted something that could help me focus on that in a targeted way, and this watch was consistently one of the most accurate in HR tracking across various activities as per Quantified Scientist's review and also one of the cheaper ones at the same time, so I got it. Probably the most accurate fitness band for android.

Last edited:
Why does this happen? Is the food that good?
There's a LOT of free food at campus, yes. But also I have ADHD which makes it very difficult for me to control portion sizes. Also, most things have high fructose corn syrup added, which is not easily absorbed by Asian and African American demographics from the little I have read on this subject.
Plus doing a Master's degree along with part time desk jobs means I usually don't get time to exercise as often as I'd like and I don't have an "active" lifestyle, despite walking and cycling being my main mode of transportation

Back