Graphic Cards The first Next-Generation NVIDIA ION powered mini-PC - ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID11

Zotac

Disciple
Jul 2, 2008
Dear all,
ZOTAC is pleased to announce the world's first Next-Generation NVIDIA ION powered mini-PC -- the new ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID11.
The ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID11 is our latest mini-PC that's easily customizable with a tool-less case design.
Users can easily customize the system with their own memory and 2.5-inch SATA hard drive.
General details
• New ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID11
• Next-Generation NVIDIA ION platform
• NVIDIA CUDA technology
• NVIDIA PureVideo HD technology
• Intel Atom D510 (dual-core), 1.66 GHz (667 MHz front-side bus)
• Intel NM10 Express chipset
• Intel HyperThreading technology
• Tool-less case design
• VESA monitor mount included
• HDMI (1080p) & DVI outputs
• HDMI 1.3a compliant
• xvYCC Color and Deep Color support
• HDCP compliant
• Microsoft DirectCompute ready
• Adobe Flash Player 10.1 decode acceleration
• OpenCL compliant
• Gigabit Ethernet
• Onboard 802.11n WiFi
• Microsoft DirectX 10.1 with Shader Model 4.1 compatible
• OpenGL 3.2 compatible
• Microsoft Windows7 with premium Aero user interface ready

High-res images are available here:
http://www.zotac.com/pub/ZBOXHD-ID11.zip

Best regards,
The ZOTAC Team

Praks

Skilled
Sep 26, 2007
It seems Zotac Official is here.

Can you please tell difference between ZOTAC MAG HD-ND01 & ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID11 ??

Do you have any dealers in Bangalore, India ? Whats the after sales support process ? Do I need to send Zotac to Mumbai/Chennai incase of fault ?

utkarsh

Disciple
Feb 23, 2010
I think its cost is something around 15000Rs.

1. Will this upscale the 720p to 1080p ?
2. Whether it has True HD passthourgh?
3. What are the advantage (Quality of Picture & Sound) over WD TV Live.?

Thanks.

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Nov 10, 2007
Pune, India
Praks said:
Can you please tell difference between ZOTAC MAG HD-ND01 & ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID11 ??

After browsing Zotac website it looks like MAG has build in RAM and HDD with older Atom CPU while the ZBOX has NO RAM or HDD you can fix your own! Quite nice. It has other stuff like WiFi built in I see.

Also, website lists our own Phoenix as dealer so let me try to ask him if he can get good deals for us.

As for warranty, I guess usual RMA procedures but we can ask again...

I am seriously interested in this if prices are LOW :D

I spoke to Phoenix and he does not yet have any notification/availability - I guess it will take time to fully launch then hopefully we can see some good deals on TE :)

Because you can choose your RAM and HDD you can make it a nice light "web browsing box" (for my Aunt) or even a nice "storage/download box" with a nice 500 GB HDD or more (whatever fits in 2.5 inch HDD bay) !

Praks

Skilled
Sep 26, 2007
Hi Vishal,

Welcome to small PC club :)

Have been thinking of Dell Zino HD or Zotac from quite sometime. I am checking out all options.

Do let me know if you get price for ZOTAC MAG HD-ND01.

I would not be interested in ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID11.

Big problem with Zotac I find is Limited no of dealers & service centers. Will Phoenix do the servicing or it again goes to someone else ? As you are in Pune, there are no service centers, you again need to send your full CPU to Mumbai.

I have done detailed comparison..

Dell Zino HD - AMD 3250 Dual core, External Graphics 4330, 3 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, DVD RW, 18.5 Widescreen monitor, Keyboard + Mouse, Win 7- Everything including costs 27500 Rs

Zotac costs around 18000 - No DVD, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, No monitor, Keyboard + Mouse, No OS. Finally if you take everything that will also come around 28000 Rs.

Dell wins hands down with home service.

What do you say now ?

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Nov 10, 2007
Pune, India
I would still prefer the Zotac because I want to run Linux and can get my own bigger 22inch fullHD monitor for the same (estimated) price in total it looks like...

Let us see if Phoenix can get a good deal here...

HailStonE

Skilled
Sep 29, 2006
Why does Zotac rep. always leave after putting his sales flier & never available for answering doubts... :(

DarkAngel

Skilled
Apr 10, 2009
vishalrao said:
I would still prefer the Zotac because I want to run Linux and can get my own bigger 22inch fullHD monitor for the same (estimated) price in total it looks like...

Let us see if Phoenix can get a good deal here...

You can change the monitor to a 22"/24" one along with a Dell Zino HD too. They have the option to change the monitor too. And surprisingly the upgrade of monitors doesnt cost a bomb and in sync with market price:hap5: It would be a good choice but they bundle the OS too :mad:

• Dell(TM) IN1910N 18.5" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor [Included in Price]
  • Dell(TM) S2209WFP 21.5 " Full HD Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor [add Rs.2,951.63]
  • Dell ST2410 24 " Full HD Widescreen Monitor [add Rs.5,585.59]
  • Dell(TM) SX2210 21.5 " Full HD Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor With Webcam [add Rs.8,745.68]

Praks

Skilled
Sep 26, 2007
I finally felt - Dell Zino HD with my config as VFM. You get all included. At last peace for service on warranty.

Zotac Rep, Please give info on warranty part.

antz123

Adept
Jan 12, 2007
Praks :D we started Zino club here :p too

I am still holding back my purchase .... some new devices am exploring :)

Praks

Skilled
Sep 26, 2007
@antz123

Please keep sharing what do you finally take.

I will also keep you posted :)

What other options do you think apart from Zino & Zotac ?

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Nov 10, 2007
Pune, India
I've decided not to wait for this device, went ahead and bought a laptop and getting a mobile broadband stick.... so you can work online even in the face of power cuts with no need for invertor etc :D

I might still consider a bigger box than the Zotac zbox, like MSI/ASUS models without windows for a low-power download/media server ...

Praks

Skilled
Sep 26, 2007
Ok, Vishal is out from the race ;)

@antz, Zotac comes with wireless right then why listed all wireless stuff ?

antz123

Adept
Jan 12, 2007
Iomega ones can have wireless dongle...

plus if i attach any of them to my router ... my router has Wireless n... so that part can be take care off i felt

the IAMM NTR82WT one , has wireles option too

Praks

Skilled
Sep 26, 2007
I didnt get you. You mean to say Iomega also has small PC like Zino & Zotac ?

To me it just looked like Media player (WDTV)

antz123

Adept
Jan 12, 2007
dude it is media player wDTV sorts , but it has ports for wifi dongle, and has inbuilt HDD unlike a WDTV so can even act as NAS, still play movies all formats like WDTV

its like a WDTV + 1tb World Book WD in one

Praks

Skilled
Sep 26, 2007
Oh ok, I was looking out for small PC so I can replace my current PC which sounds like a helicopter running..

My main reason for Zino/Zotac is play HD movies, web surfing, normal MS office, download rig..

I thought u are also looking for PC right :) ?

antz123

Adept
Jan 12, 2007
My PC is very much alive n kicking. Those 5 Delta fans I have made pretty quiet with the fan controller too.. (all in my signature)

However i hate to keep it open most of times for sake of downloads etc, so i need a rig to download plus if it can become my media player nothing like it