Car & Bike The Formula1 2010 Thread

Shripad said:
Australian GP starting under wet conditions.
This might just turn out to be interesting race :D

and it lives up to it's expectations. Four cars out in first corner, two had to drive through pits. and safety car in first lap.

Superb race today with many interesting overtakes/attempted overtakes. Vettel proved unlucky yet again. Interesting opening lap.

Liuzzi scores points again for Force India, and Karun Chandhok showed great driving skills by managing to finish the race in the Hispania.

What a race. kudos to top four finishers, especially Alonso for holding off idiot and idiot and making them make mistakes.

Again, this race shows that Webber is good only if the race (qualifying) is for 10 minutes or 15 minutes and he easily succumbs to pressure in racing. Initially I thought Lewis made a mistake while overtaking Alonso but replays showed that it's Webber that crashed into Lewis.

I never ever thought that Alonso would be able to hold off cars that were having lot more grip, fresh tires and 2secs faster. Clearly shows how good driver he is. Also by not going aggressive over Massa and choosing to protect his teammate instead, he shows that he has improved a lot in behavior.

Fantastic race.

Massa has to thank Alonso today.

Loved the comment of Alonso over radio

Race engineer to Alonso : " Hamilton 3.5 seconds quicker"

Alonso : " Ok, I dont want to know! "

ROFL.

I hated this guy, but today he showed why he was 2 times world champion. From dead last to 4th and then holding off cars on better tyres. kudos!

^^Yes. not to forget those cars were 2 to 3 seconds faster and had lot lot better grip. During his years in Renault, he was asshole. but when he joined Renault back from McLaren, he started to behave more politely and that move to Ferrari made him even better in communicating with others.

On many instances he backed off from Massa and then the way he held off those two cars was truly legendary! I just turned into a full fledged big big fan of Alonso :)

And not just Massa, Kubica too has to thank him as he held off faster cars for more than a dozen laps.

Was a decently entertaining race today. Not boring by any stretch of imagination. Some showers would have altered the scenario though.
Superb racing by the likes of Hamilton, Alonso, Massa and Button to start from the back of the grid and move up to point scoring positions. Alonso was unlucky to end up with a bust engine with just 1.5 laps more to go.
Vettel must be a happy man after two disappointing races. But Webber was unlucky with the small pit stop incident which potentially cost him P1.

Force India must be disappointed that Liuzzi did not finish and had to retire early. Else he would have scored at least a couple of points. However, Sutil made up for the loss by driving to 5th place. What was more important was how he held Hamilton from overtaking him for most part of the 2nd half of the race.

Chandhok again did well today by managing to drive until Chequered flag. An achievement really, especially when you consider that he was lapped almost twice by most of the leaders.

I don't think Webber would've got to P1. At the max, he might have come in between Vettel and Lewis. Still an amazing race for RedBull (1-2), ForceIndia (top five finish) and HRT (double finish).

by the look of it, if Ferrari and McLaren doens't pull up their socks ASAP, RedBull might run away with both the championships with few races to go.

unfortunately didnt get to see the full race. saw bits of it whenever i could. but ill be watching the next race from the grandstand!!

^^ And what was so funny about watching Chandhok drive..? IMO, he has done amazingly well for a rookie who was given a car without any pre-season practice at all. He has managed to finish two races, all the while being careful enough to give way to the cars lapping him without being run out of the track and without causing any trouble to the others.

Back