The games we play.

For me most enjoyable few titles would be
Half Life series
Farcry
NFS Porsche Unleased
Team fortress 2
Unreal tournament
Crysis
Oh yes had forgotten about Porsche Unleashed. I loved driving the vintage Porsches, even though it was a departure from the usual for NFS wrt the handling and physics.

Porsche Unleashed was bit of a revolution in graphics wrt NFS and unusual professionalism in car dept.
The tracks were so scenic I used to just drove around at 40 enjoying the views.
I enjoyed the car indicators as if driving a real car..

Last edited:
Test Drive Unlimited - the best driving simulator of all time. This game has been released in 2006, but it still looks astonishing and pretty much playable.

BioShock Infinite. Have you played any games that made you cry? BioShock is the only one for me. It's probably the best story-driven game, and I really like it.

Dota 2 - online game where you don't need to pay anything in order to win. And even though Dota 2 items are the most expensive ones among other games, they don't increase the strength of the heroes.

Age of Mythology - my favorite real-time strategy. There are RTS games with better mechanics, but I love the setting and visuals of this one more than anywhere else. Moreover, the remastered version makes it playable not only for fans of the original game.

Gothic - this game is totally unplayable currently, but I really enjoyed it when I was a kid. Can't wait to see the remastered version that is in progress right now.

Age of Mythology - my favorite real-time strategy. There are RTS games with better mechanics, but I love the setting and visuals of this one more than anywhere else. Moreover, the remastered version makes it playable not only for fans of the original game.
What! There is a remaster for Age of Mythology? That was one of the best things I played in my childhood. I have finished it 3-4 times. I wouldn't mind playing it again in 2021 :O

Test Drive Unlimited - the best driving simulator of all time. This game has been released in 2006, but it still looks astonishing and pretty much playable.
i am reading the replies and it kinda makes me think that i am getting old. the first game i played was TD(test drive) on a 128kb ram monochrome ibm machine back in 1992. i would probably credit this game getting me excited about computers.

btw, my list would be pretty much all the above i guess.
Porsche Unleashed was bit of a revolution in graphics wrt NFS and unusual professionalism in car dept.
yessss.

Roadrash - That shit was the most lit game when I was a kid.
GTA SA - Damn good story.
GTA 4 - Great story but prefer SA over this.
Last Of Us - I know it's a PS exclusive and the story was amazing. I haven't had a chance to play LoU2 yet but I would like to. Have stayed away from watching the videos and spoliers as well.
AC4 - Probably one of my most facourite AC games in recent years. Lovely story and its got pirates! :D
NFS: Underground 2 - I liked the game but never got around to finishing it. :(

That's about it, really. I'd love to play some more story based games as online gaming is a bit too toxic for my liking.

I have always been a fan of stealth and racing games but even then there are specific ones in a series that always stick out.

Deus Ex - The original one continues to be my favourite and I had my mind-blown when I played it at the turn of the millenium having received it for free with a SoundBlaster card, having previously played the first 2 levels on a demo disc that came with Chip magazine back in the day.

Thief - Really loved the gameplay and cutscenes of Thief 2, it was Looking Glass studios at its peak. Didn't enjoy 3 quite as much and didn't bother with the reboot at all looking at the reviews.

Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory was my favourite and I remember playing the first 3 in quick succession, haven't played the later versions despite owning them for several years now.

Hitman - Silent Assassin and Blood Money stood out because of the story, missions and Jesper Kyd score until the recent trilogy; still holding out for Steam release of Hitman 3 as I own 1 & 2 on Steam (darn, it's difficult waiting).

Half Life - HL2 was the one I enjoyed the most. Stopped after HL2 Ep1 knowing it will never be concluded but then looking forward to starting Black Mesa soon having also abandoned HL1 at the military base mission a long time ago.

NFS - NFS3: HP just because I had the best memories playing it split-screen with my friends. Enjoyed NFS: PU the most (one of the rare occasions back then when I purchased the original disc) because it also had an active online racing community, though playing with keyboard against those with wheels never cut it. Also enjoyed the Underground series and completely abandoned NFS after Most Wanted which was also quite good.

Dishonored - Played the original one and its DLC over several years and I eventually completed it in 2018; incidentally started with Dishonored 2 last week.

Bioshock - Enjoyed 1 a lot; 2 not so much, haven't played the later ones despite owning the collection for several years now and want to get started with Infinite.

System Shock - Abandoned the original one because of the DOS environment and enjoyed SS2 a lot but abandoned it close to the end; ended up watching the end on YT years later.

Grand Prix 4 - Spent a lot of time in the '00s on this, especially with mods updating the game to the current season and having also contributed to it.

Colin McRae Rally 2.0 - Probably was the first rally game that I played for hours; also played CMR 3 a lot before it became the Dirt series.

Comanche Gold - Was a blast as an arcade game but hasn't aged well.

Metal Gear Solid - Loved the first one and played only that one for a very long time as I have always been PC-only. Own the others released on PC but never got around to playing it.

Rockstar Games - I know GTA should be on the list but I never have played any of them despite owning all of them. I binged on Bully a few years ago but abandoned that as well about 60-70% in as I eventually got bored of the repetitiveness. Enjoyed Sleeping Dogs and Yakuza 0, so I know I will like the GTA games when I finally get to them.

SOMA - One of the recent games that I enjoyed immensely.

To the Moon - Loved the story at a time when I was going through some difficulties.

Contra / Super Mario Bros. - Staple for anyone who started gaming in the 90s.

Max Payne - Who can forget the story telling and bullet time. 1 was okay but 2 really made it special. 3 was a bit meh.

There are several others that can be added to the list, but these are the ones I can recollect for now.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch) - Has to be the best action adventure game in the last decade (if not more). The amount of detail, the diversity of the open world, the art style and approachable gameplay makes this one of my favourite games of all time.

Civilization V and VI (PC): If you're into strategy games (esp turn-based strategy), this franchise is the GOAT. I'm guilty of spending over 700 hours on this franchise (starting Civilization 3). No other strategy game comes close. The initial learning curve is a little steep but once you're in, you're always looking forward to the next turn and the next and the one after that. The Civ 6 game mechanics take the game to a whole new level.

Metal Gear Solid 5 : Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes,
Battlefield 3,
BF 4,
Call Of Duty MW2, MW3,
Bioshock Infinite,
GTA 5,
Far Cry 3,4,5,
NBA 2K14 (last good NBA 2K game IMO),

Those are some great list of games folks.

I did play lot of PC games back then, and still try finding deals on steam, good that Xbox is in collaboration with EA Gamepass, now i can play on my PC as well on Xbox Series X. Some of the games i love playing are

NFS 5 Porsche 2000 - This is such a nostalgic game with great game content for a racing game. Factory driver, Evoultion modes were fantastic. Me and my brother used to play the game on LAN for close competition driving. This game was the one which made me love Porsche cars and when i started collecting 1:18 model cars, Porsche became the main theme.

NFS Mostwanted - This being Open World was great.

NFSUG was my other favourite to play Drag racing.

Mafia series, expecially the 1st one is great (including the remastered version).

Prince of Persia WW and Two Thrones, 2008 version. Wish they remaster these games as well. I loved playing them, such a action adventure.

UT GOTY - This is one great game to play on LAN or single player (Death Match games are fantastic)

A fun time pass game is Neighbours From Hell.

Though i have many games brought in steam, Epic games, xbox store i havent played them all.

Currently i am playing on my Laptop and Xbox.
Sniper Elite (currently playing the v4, have finished it multiple times yet i keep playing it)
Forza Horizon 4. With the gaming wheel it feels very realistic.
Ride series (played very less, bike games are pretty tough and needs to get a hang of it, i play it very casually)

Back