'The HMT watches I own' thread

I am sure no one would fake it. Janata, Pilot sell for around Rs.400 - 450. That doesn't leave too much profit margin for fakers. And the demand for HMT watches is very less. Apart from watch collectors not many people buy HMT

- - - Updated - - -

A year back Hmt Pilot was very difficult to find. So i had contacted HMT Chinar, J&K branch where they make Pilot. They used to ship them to any location. But you had to buy more than 1 watch as shipping is usually comes to 50% of the watch price. I think Pilot was Rs.375. Dont remember exactly. If you cant find it locally or want to organize a GO you can contact the below people. Not sure if they still ship it.

Mr.Ramesh Bhut (Sales Officer ) - 09419084599.
Mr. N. A Shah ( Asst. Gen Manager ) - 09697988616

I really wish HMT had an online sales portal. :(

The Dadar showroom was closed last Saturday and Sunday owing to Ganesh Visarjan + weekend.

I really wish HMT had an online sales portal. :(

The Dadar showroom was closed last Saturday and Sunday owing to Ganesh Visarjan + weekend.

I swear. The Delhi one is Jandelwala..which is damn far. But am sure, local shops store 'em. Am going to scout around this weekend, as people suggested. Really want an automatic. So retro, so Indian, so kewl.

And cheap! :p

The same company manufactures lathe machines, tractors and other heavy machinery would you believe! And here I was thinking HMT stopped manufacturing watches. :ashamed:

And cheap! :p

The same company manufactures lathe machines, tractors and other heavy machinery would you believe! And here I was thinking HMT stopped manufacturing watches. :ashamed:

True, it is quite a legacy company, and shows the heritage of India. The portal you mentioned, WatchuSeek, has quite a fan following for HMT. Specially the Pilots. Amazing.

I am sure no one would fake it. Janata, Pilot sell for around Rs.400 - 450. That doesn't leave too much profit margin for fakers. And the demand for HMT watches is very less. Apart from watch collectors not many people buy HMT

Pilot MRP is Rs 925 and with a 15% discount it works out to Rs 786. The Janata is for Rs 875 and the 15% discount brings it down to Rs 744. How do I know? Because I picked up both from the Jhandewalan, New Delhi outlet last week! :bigok:

Looks like HMT have bumped up the prices. 1.5 yrs back it had got the pilot directly from HMT chinar for Rs. 375 or Rs.425. Dont remember exactly. But it was either of the 2 prices

Picked this up from flipkart with 20% off :D

xyahSSt.jpg

Me too. irresistible. Actual price @ box is Rs. 2300 .

@Freaky The valluvarkottam HMT branch is reloacted to Arumbakkam.

Attachments

• 20131130_153607.jpg
    20131130_153607.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 299
Nice watch...any idea how much is the watch diameter, seems to be a big watch? Also is the 20% still on (was it via coupon?)

Diameter is 40mm according to Flipkart. Discount is still there, just add it to card and it will show the discounted prices. It's 20% now, but was 25% yesterday.

Back