The HP Touchpad / WebOS Thread

Sorry to hear that Raksrules. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

BTW, anyone installed CM7 on the Touchpad yet? I'm still waiting for a more stable version..

@raksrules Atleast you are based in USA and could claim warranty. Warranty is not applicable for buyers in India right?

So guys, is the HP touchpad still a good buy? I am thinking of ordering one via Ebay. If it is still a good option at what price? I keep hearing its available at 200$ ~ 11K for 16GB and 250$ ~ 13K for 32GB (with shipping I assume), but the best offers on ebay are for 15K for 16GB and 18K for 32GB. Want to get a Tablet soon, have waited too long.

^ Touchpad is a good one, but you have to check your luck. As others complaining, if you get any hardware issues, then it just turns out a brick. Instead, you can try others like nook color or even Amazon fire.

Nook color refurbished is available for 150 USD or less at couple of websites. Keep checking slick deals for threads related to nook.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Is it ok to keep touchpad connected to main power while i update the same (webOS update) ?

I updated my touchpad to 3.0.4 and installed preware but after opening preware on the TP and clicking "I have read it", something with "Reading Saved Package List" comes with a circular image above but it is stuck at this point :S

Any one knows anything about it ?

Ok it seems to be an issue many people are facing. Check the below thread

preware issue - PreCentral Forums

Updated Touchpad to WebOS 3.0.4 and tried to sync it up with Orange San Franscisco via Bluetooth.

I was able to receive as well as make phone calls but the darn thing is buggy as hell.

Besides why would anyone want to make a phone call via Touchpad? Beats me..

A new Touchpad user here.. Still on 3.0.2.68. Not sure why HP decided to ditch WebOS. I'm loving it so far.. My only problem is that connectify does not recognize the TP. The issue should be solved when I get my portable router within another week. Until then, the TP will be used only for games. :p

I procured some IPK files from internet and need to install those on my touchpad. Is webOS Quick Install the only option for me now ? Any free file manager (not from preware but from HP catalog) that can install ipk files ? I installed Gemini file manager but it does not have the ability to install IPK and by default when i downloaded an IPK through TP's browser, when trying to open, it said "MIME not supported" or something.

logistopath said:
Until then, the TP will be used only for games. :p

What all games have you installed on your touchpad ??

@raksrules Why not from preware .. worried about voiding warranty??.. Anyways.. internalz pro from preware and internalz from Hp catalog shld do the job..

bigbyte said:
@raksrules Why not from preware .. worried about voiding warranty??.. Anyways.. internalz pro from preware and internalz from Hp catalog shld do the job..

No No...not worried about warranty. Actually after the webOS update, preware seems to be broken. Did you install the preware after updating to webOS 3.0.4 ? So i need to wait until preware is fixed and then i can download Internalz

Btw i did not find Internalz on HP catalog, dunno why :S

^^ Have you tried Internalz Pro file manager? AFAIK, it can install .ipk files.

EDIT: Saw your reply above after posting this.. :S

As of now, I have installed Super Sudoku Touch, International Snooker, Word Search, Caster and Sparkle. Yet to install Asphalt 6 and NFS HP. :p

I have seen 2 instances of random reboots with my TouchPad updated to 3.0.4.

1. Happened last night when I had just started loading a website, and was trying to use the swipe up gesture, the touchpad flashed a blue screen, was not responding for a while and then just shut down.

2. Happened today, when I connected the charger to my TP, the screen did not respond for a while, and then shut down and restarted itself.

I had removed all the patches and govnah and impostah before I updated, installed the following 4 patches after the update.

Advanced Reset Options

Faster Card Animations HYPER Version

Remove Dropped Packet Logging

Unthrottle Download Manager

Just wanted to know if any other Forum members have come across any random reboots. Just removed my patches.

And yeah, please let me know too if someone manages to find the files for Asphalt and NFS: HP :)

I never updated my Touchpad. What is the benefit of updating the WebOS version?

As for the "files", Google WebOS and "Buzz" if you know what I mean. If you don't, well, I can't help you. :p

@wordsmith

You installed those patches using preware ? Because i am not able to get my preware go beyond the "Reading Saved Package list" screen :(

Will need to check back when i go home.

Ok, install internalz pro using webos quick install. You don't need preware for this. Once Internalz pro is installed install all those apk's you got from it.

bigbyte said:
Ok, install internalz pro using webos quick install. You don't need preware for this. Once Internalz pro is installed install all those apk's you got from it.

You mean IPKs :p

Android Overdose ??

Yes, I manually removed all my patches one by one before updating, and then re-installed the 4 mentioned above, as of now I have removed all again, and TouchPad has not restarted yet.

And yeah, my TouchPad is "buzz"ing now :) I think JT_Daniel will know what I mean :)

Back