The HP Touchpad / WebOS Thread

strategy said:
hello guys,

i was thinking of going for the HP touchpad.

Just one quarry : Is there any way to take out digital audio from the HP touchpad

as i see there are micro usb slot , so ii doubt i can take out digital out via usb.

Don't think you can do that. The mUSB connectivity is used for charging and syncing the device.

PS: Query not quarry. :p

The touchpad does not charge when we connect (USB or non USB mode) it to the computer right ?
Has one installed the Asphalt game on their TP ? It is like 500 MB in size and takes all the time in the world to install and i have to eventually kill that installation.
If anyone has installed it please tell me.

^^You installed using computer (web quick installer) or through touchpad itself ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

How do I stop the touchpad from auto correcting my sentences / words ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ok figured it out.

Nice to see USB host support coming up on the touchpad. :) Only downside for now is the need for external power supply to the attached device.

I downloaded couple of kindle ebooks (.AZW format) and placed it inside the .palmkindle directory on my touchpad, but the kindle app does not show up those ebooks.

While i downloaded one more free ebook directly from amazon store and it was wirelessly transferred to my touchpad in the very same directory.

What should i do for TP kindle app to recognize those ebook i placed manually ?

raksrules said:
I downloaded couple of kindle ebooks (.AZW format) and placed it inside the .palmkindle directory on my touchpad, but the kindle app does not show up those ebooks.
While i downloaded one more free ebook directly from amazon store and it was wirelessly transferred to my touchpad in the very same directory.
What should i do for TP kindle app to recognize those ebook i placed manually ?

Rename your own Ebook to the free Ebook's name, including the format. I had a few .mobi ones, so I had to change the name of my Ebook to the free book's name and had to change the format to match the free book's format too.

Its a bit complicated, but its worth it.

JT_daniel said:
Rename your own Ebook to the free Ebook's name, including the format. I had a few .mobi ones, so I had to change the name of my Ebook to the free book's name and had to change the format to match the free book's format too.

Its a bit complicated, but its worth it.

Format is not an issue since it is in AZW format but the name is like "1. Harry Potter and the ......".

raksrules said:
Format is not an issue since it is in AZW format but the name is like "1. Harry Potter and the ......".

What JT_daniel is saying is,

Download free books from Amazon.

Copy the file name of the free book in the file directory.

Change the name of the free book.

Rename your desired book to the original name of the free book and place it in the file directory.

When you open the app and select the free book, it will open your ebook now.

^^Yes i did get it. I will be doing that only now. Just that why is it not working normally after copy pasting the other AZW books in the proper folder.

Guys...today is sunday and i am planning to install CM android on my touchpad.Can anyone give me proper link and some tips to get this done without any risks ??

Most detailed instruction here:

How to install Google Android on the HP TouchPad (with CyanogenMod7) - Liliputing

EDIT: Note: The instructions have you rename the gapps and moboot zips. Do NOT rename gapps and moboot zips to anything, leave the names as is! Otherwise there would be a little bit of breakage.

Also, check http://forums.androidcentral.com/hp...oid-cyanogenmod-7-1-alpha-2a-hp-touchpad.html or http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/...a-21-19-oct-2011-dont-link-directly-to-files/

All are pretty much the same.

mjumrani said:
Can we still get a touchpad from somewhere?

Now every retailer is giving TP bundled with some other item like laptop,etc. I think ebay.com is the option now, though it would be around 200$.

smnrock said:
webos vs android in terms of performance?
Cannot really tell you about that. I do not like webOS as such. so i do not use the TP much even for web browsing. My wife uses webOS only because she is content with the Kindle app and reading ebooks in that.
For now this alpha CM7 too is working well for me and i have installed few games and apps like opera mini/mobile etc on it.
Also installed the Go Launcher EX as i am comfortable with it (same on my ZTE Blade).

Try VTL launcher, its designed for tablets.

PS:I am using Web OS and perfectly content with it, streaming TV series and e books.... I don't switch on my laptop over the weekends anymore.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Back