The HP Touchpad / WebOS Thread

so i just bought myself one touchpad.

Planning to instal the alpha 2 ICS. Will i still be able to use Webos ?

Need some help.

I have android 2.3 also installed on my HP Touchpad. It is some early alpha version (not ICS) and currently it seems to have got corrupted or what, i dont know. Whenever i try to boot in Cynogenmod, it get stuck at that blue boot logo and does not start. I wish to remove android completely from the touchpad as of now.

How can i do that ensuring that my files are not affected.

guys, i need a help... I've not used my touchpad for quite some time(3 months are like that). Now i guess battery completely dead and its not switching on any more. I kept it in charge for more than 12 hours now.. but still its not switching on and the home button keep on flashing left & right
<
I already googled and tried all the steps given by users, like power + home for 30 secs, even more than minute, then home + power, power + vol up, power + vol down... power + vol down + home.. power + vol up + home... whatever combinations are possible i tried
<
I cant send back to HP also... as i'm here in india. Even tried different USB cables, but so far no use at all.

Any one faced similar issue? Any tips/helps?

#[member='smnrock']

I too have faced this issue where the touchpad either refuses to start or i get that big USB sign or a big battery symbol with a lightning sign in middle (or something similar). I too googled for solutions and most said that i need to charge it for prolonged time. Also after charging for sufficient time (not 12 Hours but less), do the Power+Home (for more than 15 seconds). It did revive my touchpad and i had like 1-2% battery so after that i kept it for a full charge.

I guess you have tried all this.

Ensure that you use the same charger and cable you got with the touchpad as i feel touchpad is very very choosy about the cables and charger. I really don't like that.

#[member='raksrules'] i'm using original hp charges and cable itself... i've tried with different usb cables too(my android phone's). so far no luck. For me screen is completely dead, there no usb or battery sign, this is the big concern for me
<
Now i've put samsung galaxy tab's charger, need to see effect of this, as this charger rating also 5v, 2A!

OMG finally it booted up, thanks to samsung
<
kept in samsung charger for less than 2 hours.. then it showed the battery symbol with red line... after this i put back the hp charger... and it started to boot
<

Can anyone tell me if they have installed ICS on the HP Touchpad ?

I am not even sure if it exists.

If yes then please tell me how is it working and from where should I install and how to install ?

Bumping an year old thread. I am looking for cheap tablet & I am interested in HP touchpad. A friend has it & willing to sell me for low price.

Is there anything I should worry about Touchpad ? How is development side ? Android/ICS roms ?

Sold my 32GB Touchpad for 200$. Will include one more member to my iFamily...the iPad 2
<
Oh why ? Why you did not like it ? @raksrules

Last edited by a moderator:
Dev is dead.
I still run WebOS though. The Android ports were always incomplete.

I use my Touchpad for Kindle + TV shows while flying (KalemSoft Media Player). Performs perfectly fine for that.

Bumping an year old thread. I am looking for cheap tablet & I am interested in HP touchpad. A friend has it & willing to sell me for low price. Is there anything I should worry about Touchpad ? How is development side ? Android/ICS roms ?Oh why ? Why you did not like it ? raksrules

Depends on what you plan to use it for. I still use it regularly for reading comics and pdfs. (Especially useful for my Lego instruction booklets). It is perfect for that and has a decent good battery life. I have had no issues for videos as well. Browser is functional but it is a bit of a pain at times. If your usage will include extensive browsing, games/apps, and more, I would suggest that you get a newer tablet. If you are working with a limited budget - Nexus 7 or a used iPad 2.

Back