The HP Touchpad / WebOS Thread

little OT.

my pixi plus is now sold. And i would like to buy Pre3. anyone know where to source in india ? ebay india has 1-2 Pre3. but its used. looking for brand new Pre3. EBAY US has lots of listing but dont wanna go via SnS route. want to compare the price. Any idea ?

mjumrani said:
Can we still get a touchpad from somewhere?

Yes we are still getting touchpads , but only on Us websites. We have to ship it to India at additional cost. The fire sale is not on anymore though.

honest1 said:
Anyone running cyanogenmod on TP? Any issues faced?

Yes i am. It works well but it is still in [strike]beta[/strike] alpha and you can expect issues / crashes / something not working etc etc. Not all apps from market will show up and not all will be compatible. But i would suggest you go ahead and put android on touchpad and experience it. It works well even now that it is still in alpha stage.

IMO, wait for the beta release of CM9. It's already on the works, with the TP likely to be among the first devices to get ICS.

honest1 said:
Anyone running cyanogenmod on TP? Any issues faced?
The alpha 3 has not even once crashed on me, no SOD (Sleep of death) as well, stabilizing CM9 will take a while

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

raksrules said:
Yes i am. It works well but it is still in [strike]beta[/strike] alpha and you can expect issues / crashes / something not working etc etc. Not all apps from market will show up and not all will be compatible. But i would suggest you go ahead and put android on touchpad and experience it. It works well even now that it is still in alpha stage.

Can you list the apps that wont show up in market?

I have apps like netflix, Pulse, Beautiful widgets, tapatalk working fine.

CM Alpha 3 is quite stable on touchpad. i have been using it since last week and its quite fast compared to Alpha2. wi-fi locks now in less than 15 seconds.

Got my Touchpad recently. Its brand new & 32gig running on webOS Version 3.0.0 I am trying to update it to v3.0.4 via System Update but it says "Your Device is up to date.":|

I have restarted touchpad multiple times but no go. Anyone faced the same issue?

Gaurish said:
Got my Touchpad recently. Its brand new & 32gig running on webOS Version 3.0.0 I am trying to update it to v3.0.4 via System Update but it says "Your Device is up to date.":|

I have restarted touchpad multiple times but no go. Anyone faced the same issue?

Update using webOS doctor. I have no idea how to update using that but you can search online or post on webosbuzz or some other touchpad forums.

Gaurish said:
Did anyone try MIUI? How is it comparing to cyanogenmod?

Need to decide what android flavor to try first:D
I'm on miui as I type. Pretty fast. Much better than cm alpha 3. Only thing missing is statusbar buttons.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

cisco_tech said:
I'm on miui as I type. Pretty fast. Much better than cm alpha 3. Only thing missing is statusbar buttons.

Hmmm...will stick to CM7 & wait for ICS upgrade:p

Yes. Better wait for cm ics release. This one is giving me quite a few random reboot. So I'm switching back to cm.

Bdw. Anyone on forum using pre3? I'm getting mine tomorrow from UK. Factory unlocked. Have few q on 3g setup.

cisco_tech said:
Yes. Better wait for cm ics release. This one is giving me quite a few random reboot. So I'm switching back to cm.
Bdw. Anyone on forum using pre3? I'm getting mine tomorrow from UK. Factory unlocked. Have few q on 3g setup.

I use pre2, It's just a basic 3G setup.. You wont face any problem as such.. Whats the damage?

^^ Dont know man. Uncle is bringing from UK. Should be around 160-180.

Wanted to know this as i am intending to use it with BSNL 3G. coz if you have Vodafone or Airtel Sim. You just have to set the APN. as Voda and Airtel infos are there in OS database.

Back