The HP Touchpad / WebOS Thread

guys, I'm going to buy a toucpad from a friends in a day or two, and i'll be installing android (cyanogenmod) on it.
can somebody tell me if it crashes, dies, sleeps, apps dont work etc etc and ANY KIND OF PROBLEMS it faces on CM?

spawnfreak said:
guys, I'm going to buy a toucpad from a friends in a day or two, and i'll be installing android (cyanogenmod) on it.

can somebody tell me if it crashes, dies, sleeps, apps dont work etc etc and ANY KIND OF PROBLEMS it faces on CM?

Android on TP is still in Alpha so the cynogenmod team says that issues are bound to occur. But i have been using the Alpha 2 (i think) and find no such issues. It works very well for me at least. And don't worry much as it is being tuned everyday day. I would say, go for it as most of the things are working fine with android on TP.

raksrules said:
Android on TP is still in Alpha so the cynogenmod team says that issues are bound to occur. But i have been using the Alpha 2 (i think) and find no such issues. It works very well for me at least. And don't worry much as it is being tuned everyday day. I would say, go for it as most of the things are working fine with android on TP.

CM7 for the touchpad has been abandoned for sometime now. There are no 'daily tweaks' coming from the CM team. They are all working on ICS aka CM9.
OTOH Team Xron has a build based off of the CM7 alpha which IS under active development.

stalker said:
CM7 for the touchpad has been abandoned for sometime now. There are no 'daily tweaks' coming from the CM team. They are all working on ICS aka CM9.

OTOH Team Xron has a build based off of the CM7 alpha which IS under active development.

Oh i never knew that. So possible No gingerbread from CM team now and directly ICS for Touchpad. It would be good to have some ice cream on the touchpad.

just bought a new 16gig HP touchpad (non refurb) from a TE member, installed cyanogenmod alpha 3.5. Have experienced only 1-2 crashes over the past 2 days. So far so good!

Sorry for being noob, tried installing Android but not able to get it to work,so how to install android on Touchpad ,any guide?

Got CM7 3.5 alpha installed and its running absolutely fantastic
<

Now it makes Touchpad best tablet that can run Android at this price point.,

Music playing fine on speakers. Not working on headphones. Also sounds working properly on games.

Update : Audio messes when screen goes off.

Back