The Humble THQ Bundle

Anyone else wants the bundle as a gift? I'll do the payment but I don't want the titles. Played enough of all the titles. :p

PS: PMs are disabled from my end so don't bother sending me one. Just post here. And please, get it only if you are genuinely interested to play the titles after downloading them!

People buying the bundle, try to split the share all to THQ. They need our help!

Haha that's what I have in mind! I guess most do since we all love THQ! <3

And guess what their share prices shot up by 40% after the Humble Bundle event happened.

How much for the Complete bundle with Saint Row - III . Tell me in INR and i will transfer the money in your account . I guess i have your account number from the Gears of war Transaction .

How much money is required by THQ to save themselves? Just asking out of interest, lest it sounds like I will pay them the balance amount :)

The current valuation of THQ is about $100 million, which is what COD makes from a few hours of sale. A company their size should be at least $700-800 million?

Here's where their competitors stand
Ubisoft 820 Mill
Electronic Arts 3 Bill
Take Two Interactive 1 Bill
Activision Blizzard 9 Bill

How much for the Complete bundle with Saint Row - III . Tell me in INR and i will transfer the money in your account . I guess i have your account number from the Gears of war Transaction .

The complete bundle .. requires you to match the average donation which is $5.59 at the moment ~ Rs 304 .. So Rs 310 should cover you.

Extremely sorry man, Freaky called me up and confirmed it in the evening around 7. He couldn't post here since he was travelling. When there's some similar bundle from the humbundle guys in the offing, remind me to get you one next time! Like I said before, I've played enough of all these titles and I only want my share to reach THQ.

So @Freaky gets the bundle. Will do the honors today evening. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently I dont a rig decent enough to play Metro, but I am really interested in this promotion/charity effort. But I have a few doubts.
I wont be playing any of these games nor download them in atleast the next six months, so I just want to confirm that after getting the key can I sit on for a long time. Are there any fancy activation/verification things required to play the various titles?
If the deal is really as simple as in they will send the activation key and i play from steam then I am in.

Final bit, I dont have a CC nor do have access to any, I would be very grateful if any one helps me out I will pay via net banking.

The current valuation of THQ is about $100 million, which is what COD makes from a few hours of sale. A company their size should be at least $700-800 million?

Here's where their competitors stand
Ubisoft 820 Mill
Electronic Arts 3 Bill
Take Two Interactive 1 Bill
Activision Blizzard 9 Bill

So do you think the current Humble Bundle sale will save them? I would love to see other companies selling their games as humble bundle :)

I doubt they will raise $600 million from this bundle, so far they have managed to raise $3.7 million, out of which some will go to charity and some will go to HumbleBundle itself. Make no mistake, this is a huge amount for humble bundle, but it will not get them out of the woods. Only good products and smart management will do that. And neither should it. Fans are not here to make up for the management's **** up. If the bundle sales prevent bankruptcy, then it will have served its purpose.

As for other companies following this model, the THQ bundle has been controversial. While many people see this as a possible answer to piracy, many people have also accused Humble Bundle of selling out to big publishers. The Humble Indie Bundle has always offered DRM free, platform independent and indie games, none of which apply in this case. Me, I love it. With this bundle I have convinced two friends to "buy" the games instead of pirating them, which is big win for me.

Back