naveen58 said:
Nice Man..
CONGRATULATIONS..
i wish to have that phone..
may GOD make my wish come true.

HE Will... Just believe in HIM

rushabht said:
Congrats!

Is the vodafone unlimited edge plan only 300 bucks? Is this for the iPhone users only or the this applies to any handset?

This applies to any handset... The only condition is that you should be a post-paid subscriber.

send a text - ACT VMC299 to 111

Then within 24 hrs it'll be activated. You'll get settings as a text as well but if you don't, then just change the APN to www from portalnmms (Voda live)

BIKeINSTEIN said:
If you had the time and patience to write all that, i think you really had a dream/wish fulfiilled in this new year. :)
Congrats. :D

Yea.. Indeed.. say Christmas, New Year & B'day.. Cheers! :hap2:

starchazer said:
Congrats Sahil. I am so happy that you finally got the phone! Enjoy! :D

Thanx Insha... Hope the PSP works great and you like it... :)

And Thanx a ton to every1 who replied and read my touching :eek:hyeah: story... ThanQ... Cheers... :hap2:

Awesome purchase, the iPhone is a beast. It's more like a portable computer that lets you make calls as well :p

However, IMHO ~29k for 3G 8GB is still a bit on the higher side. I managed to pick up a slightly used 3GS 32GB for only $500 (~24k) on eBay a little while back.

Amaresh said:
However, IMHO ~29k for 3G 8GB is still a bit on the higher side. I managed to pick up a slightly used 3GS 32GB for only $500 (~24k) on eBay a little while back.

28.5k doesnt hurts when you have it jailbreaked and a full 1 year warranty... The best thing is that i can get it exchanged even on d last day of warranty expiration... :D

Also... I wasn't in favour of a used one....:)

Well, warranty certainly does give you peace of mind. I guess you can only pick two out of these three - price, quality, service.

Congrats Mate, can you shed more light on the Vodafone EDGE deal? What speeds are you getting? Are you using your iphone as a modem (sorry for n00b question).

Yeah for 300 bucks its a killer deal. I'm thinking of activating it, im pretty sure its not unlimited :p. There has to be some catch behind this. Tried contacting the vodafone idiots, they say no such plan exists :/

rushabht said:
Yeah for 300 bucks its a killer deal. I'm thinking of activating it, im pretty sure its not unlimited :p. There has to be some catch behind this. Tried contacting the vodafone idiots, they say no such plan exists :/

Lol... Customer care guys are dumb... They'd even say that you can't surf on your phone using www apn...(voda mob connect)[portalnmms is the apn for vodalive] but my bro n my frenz are using it since 4 months.... Confirmed from Vodafone store as well... The Customer attendant lady was using the same plan as well.. :rofl:
BTW this plan is available in Punjab.... Which place are you from???

I'm on Vodafone's iPhone data plan as well (I'm on prepaid). The normal Vodafone live service doesn't work on the iPhone unless you go through a few loops so the only option available to prepaid users costs Rs 99/mo and then 5p/10kb.

However, if you're a postpaid user there are some very good plans indeed - take a look at iPhone Plans India - Postpaid iPhone Plans Cost & Prepaid Data Plan Charges - Vodafone India

However, that site does not mention the Rs 300 Unltd. plan the OP is referring to so maybe its not available in all the circles.

Also, does the mobile connect plan offer better speeds than their iPhone plan ?

spawnfreak said:
Lol... Customer care guys are dumb... They'd even say that you can't surf on your phone using www apn...(voda mob connect)[portalnmms is the apn for vodalive] but my bro n my frenz are using it since 4 months.... Confirmed from Vodafone store as well... The Customer attendant lady was using the same plan as well.. :rofl:
BTW this plan is available in Punjab.... Which place are you from???

I'm from the mumbai circle. So maybe its not applicable for the mumbai guys :/

Back