PC Peripherals The Memory Bandwidth achievement

PCJedi

Adept
Hi Guys,

I managed a major breakthrough yesterday in memory configuration. But just to have some fun posting the sandra screenshot. Can you guess how this is possible? The only clue i can give you is that the memory is at 215 Mhz.

@Chaos - No bug, real figures. what do you mean by change system clock..didn't understand that one.

@JediMaster - Those are sandra's reference chipsets in-buiilt into the program for comparision.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will wait till tomorrow morning..lets get the AMD Fanatics thinking. And yes just to make your life simpler its AMD. :) Ofcourse i didn't expect anybody to even think of Intel for a moment :)

As i said its an achievement so, no cheating or bugs..its genuine.

well, i think you guys got it right, specially Chaos. Well it was a dual opteron 246, but even with a dual opteron you can get only around 4000 or 5000 Kb/s.

It was this tryst with NUMA where i managed to get 11000 Kb/s sec. The bandwidth efficiency should be around 80% but without NUMA it would give around 36%.

And the Asus K8N-DL is a painful board, i am not a tyan fan, so i prefer this.

Finally with a new BIOS and changing some setting, which are reverse of what it mean. I know it sounds wierd - but disabling NUMA - on the motherboard would enable it :)

So for me i think it was a major achievement. Now just need to compare it with my X2.

@king - Yes windows XP Pro does not have NUMA support, but that was patched in SP2 - I loaded the OS with XP SP2 CD - which enabled NUMA support

@golden - Now that is question i can't answer yet. the bandwidth test in Sandra moved from 5000 to 11000. In real life yet to find the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Jedi 11000 is an awesome bandwidth , i was just imagining what sort of perf.
you are enjoying.

Later after reading the entire article got how u managed opterons are really gr8 CPU's.

Back