~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Crazysah said:
For some reason I just don't like Samsung. My mom had a motorola and it was pretty bad. So only Nokia and Samsung.

Now, can you suggest me some phones for up to 8K or so?

Thanks a lot...

Ones I mentioned in my previous post are the best options under 8K.

Let me know if you have specific requirements and can stretch your budget.

mountaintrekker said:
I need a PDA phone basically for net surfing.

My budget is Rs. 10,000/- approx.

which model ?

Looks like the Asus P320 (10.3K*) is your only option.

I had SE w950i which is very good phone, it has walkman, 4gb membory, touchscreen etc. Now it starts dyaing:(, so i think to replace it. Please suggest the phone which has good multimedia features, good sound quality, big screen. However the main thing is it should not have camera:(. My company does not allow camera phones.:(

My uncle wants to buy a mobile which is having Dual sim one and also Touch screen. Cost is not a factor for him.

He is using some Chinese model as he didn't find from Nokia.He wants something from brands like Nokia ,Samsung,Sony,LG etc. Are there any models from these companies?

d_boy said:
will the iphone 3gs be good for GPRS

Well, it is a great device for surfing the internet but would benefit from the usage of 3G or WiFi for a faster browsing experience.

EDGE being faster than GPRS, is a better option for basic usage.

lida said:
the n800 looks really good but is it available in india and how much does it cost?

Consider the newer Nokia N810.

You might be able to find some deals online or get it from the grey market.

Online pricing: 18-19K

Or you could wait for the soon to be released, Nokia N900 !

maddy_in65 said:
I had SE w950i which is very good phone, it has walkman, 4gb membory, touchscreen etc. Now it starts dyaing:(, so i think to replace it. Please suggest the phone which has good multimedia features, good sound quality, big screen. However the main thing is it should not have camera:(. My company does not allow camera phones.:(

Your Options :

SE G700 Business Edition*

SE M600

Nokia E51 Camera-Free*

BlackBerry 8820

And the SE W950 being the only 'multimedia' inclined option!

* Availability & pricing is quite uncertain

cri_sss said:
My uncle wants to buy a mobile which is having Dual sim one and also Touch screen. Cost is not a factor for him.

He is using some Chinese model as he didn't find from Nokia.He wants something from brands like Nokia ,Samsung,Sony,LG etc. Are there any models from these companies?

There aren't any "dual-sim" touch-screen phones from the above listed manufacturers.

The Orion 981FS (7K*) & 910DS (4.1K*) are the only devices that meet the requirement. Needless to say, they are re-branded Chinese phones.

If he isn't too keen on a touch-screen display, there's the Samsung D880 (10.9K*) & D780 (7.5K*) ! Both dual-sim devices.

~ T.T.M ~

cri_sss said:
The Spice D-1100 (~10k) , is TouchScreen , Dual SIM and has Windows Mobile

My phone nokia 6610 died ( about 4 years old ).

Am using a crappy back up phone.

Unfortunately/Fortunately my mp3 player died too.

So am looking for a mp3 player + phone for about 6k.

Am pretty dead set on samsung f270.

But when I called the samsung dealer , he said f270 is for 6k and a second hand i450 is for 5.5k with 6-7 months of warranty still remaining.

I am primarily going to use it as an mp3 player and secondarily as a phone ( however weird that may sound). So the sound quality is non trade-able ( if thats even a word, but you get my point).
I wanna know if the phones under 6k classified as music fones are any good in SQ compared to a decent 2to 3k dedicated mp3 player from say.. sony?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

`I wanna know if the phones under 6k classified as music fones are any good in SQ compared to a decent 2to 3k dedicated mp3 player from say.. sony?'

i also need to know the same ...will 5800 deliver that atleast

x3qt0r said:
My phone nokia 6610 died ( about 4 years old ).

Am using a crappy back up phone.

Unfortunately/Fortunately my mp3 player died too.

So am looking for a mp3 player + phone for about 6k.

Am pretty dead set on samsung f270.

But when I called the samsung dealer , he said f270 is for 6k and a second hand i450 is for 5.5k with 6-7 months of warranty still remaining.

I am primarily going to use it as an mp3 player and secondarily as a phone ( however weird that may sound). So the sound quality is non trade-able ( if thats even a word, but you get my point).
I wanna know if the phones under 6k classified as music fones are any good in SQ compared to a decent 2to 3k dedicated mp3 player from say.. sony?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

lilboy said:
`I wanna know if the phones under 6k classified as music fones are any good in SQ compared to a decent 2to 3k dedicated mp3 player from say.. sony?'

i also need to know the same ...will 5800 deliver that atleast

A dedicated music player always has a certain edge in SQ atleast in the price range you have mentioned.

That said, music phones under 6K do offer acceptable performance.

Other options for under 6K:

SE W205 ~ 4.8K*

Nokia 5130 XM ~ 5.1K*

LG GM200 ~ 5.7K*

The Nokia 5800 XM's audio quality is very good, add to that the 3.5mm audio jack and you've got a great music phone !

I need a phone ~5k.Should have mp3 player, preferably lightweight and small.Only nokia, none else would do_One of my friend bought a nokia 2700 classic, and I thought the phone is quite awesome for that price.

and I want to know if n2730c is retailing in India yet.

which is a better buy considering both are for office use ?
htc touch hd for 19k(refurbished with 6 months warranty) or htc touch diamond2 for 21k(new with 1 year warranty)?

Ravi_D said:
I need a phone ~5k.Should have mp3 player, preferably lightweight and small.Only nokia, none else would do_One of my friend bought a nokia 2700 classic, and I thought the phone is quite awesome for that price.

2700C is available in india....It was around 4.2k at Chroma (M2k Market, Rohini). So should be cheaper in your area (try Aggarwal Communication, The Nokia Dealer at the end of District park road, Near 16-17 Divider.

Else 5130 EM for around 5.2k.

Ravi_D said:

harryneopotter said:
2700C is available in india....It was around 4.2k at Chroma (M2k Market, Rohini). So should be cheaper in your area (try Aggarwal Communication, The Nokia Dealer at the end of District park road, Near 16-17 Divider.

Else 5130 EM for around 5.2k.

Indeed.
Either the Nokia 2700 Classic (4.4K*) or the Nokia 5130 XM (5.1K*) !
The latter being a music-oriented device.

gigy said:
which is a better buy considering both are for office use ?
htc touch hd for 19k(refurbished with 6 months warranty) or htc touch diamond2 for 21k(new with 1 year warranty)?

HTC Touch HD is the way to go !
With the Touch Diamond2 having a slight edge with its slimmer & lighter profile.

I'm planning to buy a new phone which will replace my N95.

Thinking of going the blackberry or HTC way. Have a budget of around 20k. Browsing experience, wifi, GPS and battery life is the priority. Which phone do you guys recommend?

And, for how much can I expect to sell my 1+ year old N95 (normal version - decent condition - with the scratches on the back and on the keypad) for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back