~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

PiXeLpUsHeR said:
Hi all
I am looking to buy a phone for business. I need an intuitive phone with fast easy access to make appointments and add notes for accounts. I'd like to have Wifi/Bluetooth, but I don't really care too much about multimedia as I have a good PMP. I'd like a nice readable, good size screen... but not so large that it is awkward to carry around. Removable storage would be a plus, as would good amount of mem (or upgradeable mem if that exists) Price is not an issue, but of course I don't want to spend a fortune if I don't have to.
Any advice would be much appreciated ;)
I have a lap top, so please don't suggest it :p

Well going by the criteria,I'd recommend the following phones:

1. Samsung SCH-i760(Verizon) ~ A smartphone with killer looks
2. Nokia N95 8GB ~ A Multimedia computer
3. RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8320(T-Mobile) ~ The best blackberry for now
4. LG Glimmer(Alltel) ~ An intuitive stylish touchscreen phone
5. LG Prada ~ A stylish new experience..bit pricey though !
6. HTC(AT&T) 8525 ~ All round communicator

That said ! It's upto you to choose the one that suits you well & meets all your requirements..

hope this helped..

~ t.t.m

guys ..friend needs to buy a phone within max 25k ..
something which has really sound quality + decent camera..(3.2mp+)
also built in extra memory like 4/8GB would be great !
dont want the usual N 95 and all...maybe something different..not even i phone:p
any other slider/touchscreen phone with good SQ and decent camera..should do..
any suggestions ??
how is the w960i ? and any idea how much is it priced ??

Emil said:
Check out the SE K550i

thetoxicmind said:
For upto 8k,you have the following options:

SE K550i ~ 7.4K (2MP/AF/Flash cam,decent audio,std. music player,good battery life)

Nokia 6300 ~ 7.5k (2MP cam,decent audio,3g,vivid display,std. music player,avg. battery life)

Nokia 6233 ~ 6.9K (2MP cam,good audio,3G,std. music player,good battery life)

Apart from the ones mentioned above,
there's the MOTO SLVR L9 for 6.8K ,which you could consider..

So to sum it up..
I'd recommend them in the following order:
1. SE K550i (My pick!)
2. Nokia 6233
3. Nokia 6300

Check 'em out in person n decide..
hope this helped!

~ t.t.m

Thanks for the replies.. Will check out SE K550i then.. the AF cam looks like an interesting feature.

FaH33m said:
guys ..friend needs to buy a phone within max 25k ..
something which has really sound quality + decent camera..(3.2mp+)
also built in extra memory like 4/8GB would be great !
dont want the usual N 95 and all...maybe something different..not even i phone:p
any other slider/touchscreen phone with good SQ and decent camera..should do..
any suggestions ??
how is the w960i ? and any idea how much is it priced ??

been using w960 for couple of months now..

pro
> Battery life
>> 3~4 days ( with jus attending calls and few messages)
>> 1 day with heavy walkman and camera usage

>Memory - 8 Gb :D
>Better handwriting recognition with the updated firmware
>Fast response
>Search option in inbox( found this very useful to find a particular message from all the junk i have in my inbox
>supports jar, jad and sis files ( no sisx :( )
cons
>Need to get practiced to use the keypad
>Not much appz for UIQ compared to symbian
>picture viewer cud have been better

Hola :)

Looking to replace my 6230i after more than two years of loyal service :sob: Nothing wrong with it, but it's fallen down a lot and the case is creaking, and I suspect it needs a new battery, the charge isn't holding out for as long as it used to.

I have a budget of 15K tops. I'm cheap when it comes to phones. I need:

1. Great battery life - 3-4 days at least. The 6230 lasted that much or a little more when new.

2. Extreme ruggedness. I drop phones. A lot.

3. Excellent audio quality in handset and speaker - for voice calls. Music ain't important, but we do a lot of conf calls on the mobile.

4. A QWERTY keypad would really help for those long messages. I can't type without dictionary on.

That's about it. I guess I'm looking for something in the smartphone category then. I never listen to music on the phone, or use it to take photos. If at all, these would be bonus features for me. I wouldn't mind PDA functionality, but it's no deal breaker if the phone don't have it. I don't need a browser either, my eyes ain't what they used to be. Coupla games wouldn't hurt though.

I've only ever used Nokia phones. The one time I had a SE phone, I felt like someone who's lost one limb or something, it was that tough for me to change over. However I'm willing to look at alternatives. I don't much like the fugly MotoQ and E61i type of phones which were the only alternative, but I like the HTC slideout models - the S730 had caught my eye, as has the 4350. Its only problem is Windows Mobile, but I can adjust I guess. iMate also has a few models in its lineup with sliders, but those are a little expensive.

What do you guys think?

@thetoxicmind- The Normal N81 with a 2gb micro sd card is for 15k.

Would you reccomend that for 15k?..

Need an all round phone... No particular emphasis on either camera or music..

thetoxicmind said:
Well going by the criteria,I'd recommend the following phones:

1. Samsung SCH-i760(Verizon) ~ A smartphone with killer looks

2. Nokia N95 8GB ~ A Multimedia computer

3. RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8320(T-Mobile) ~ The best blackberry for now

4. LG Glimmer(Alltel) ~ An intuitive stylish touchscreen phone

5. LG Prada ~ A stylish new experience..bit pricey though !

6. HTC(AT&T) 8525 ~ All round communicator

That said ! It's upto you to choose the one that suits you well & meets all your requirements..

hope this helped..

~ t.t.m

thanks for the info, I will check these out further ... a starting point, where before I had none :)

kkndka said:
@thetoxicmind- The Normal N81 with a 2gb micro sd card is for 15k.
Would you reccomend that for 15k?..
Need an all round phone... No particular emphasis on either camera or music..

where are u gettin it for 15k? jus a lil curious..
and i've heard the N81 is pretty sluggish in operation and kinda delicate too..

sangram said:
Hola :)

Looking to replace my 6230i after more than two years of loyal service :sob: Nothing wrong with it, but it's fallen down a lot and the case is creaking, and I suspect it needs a new battery, the charge isn't holding out for as long as it used to.

I have a budget of 15K tops. I'm cheap when it comes to phones. I need:

1. Great battery life - 3-4 days at least. The 6230 lasted that much or a little more when new.
2. Extreme ruggedness. I drop phones. A lot.
3. Excellent audio quality in handset and speaker - for voice calls. Music ain't important, but we do a lot of conf calls on the mobile.
4. A QWERTY keypad would really help for those long messages. I can't type without dictionary on.

That's about it. I guess I'm looking for something in the smartphone category then. I never listen to music on the phone, or use it to take photos. If at all, these would be bonus features for me. I wouldn't mind PDA functionality, but it's no deal breaker if the phone don't have it. I don't need a browser either, my eyes ain't what they used to be. Coupla games wouldn't hurt though.

I've only ever used Nokia phones. The one time I had a SE phone, I felt like someone who's lost one limb or something, it was that tough for me to change over. However I'm willing to look at alternatives. I don't much like the fugly MotoQ and E61i type of phones which were the only alternative, but I like the HTC slideout models - the S730 had caught my eye, as has the 4350. Its only problem is Windows Mobile, but I can adjust I guess. iMate also has a few models in its lineup with sliders, but those are a little expensive.

What do you guys think?

Well,If a QWERTY keypad is that important..
your only option for around 15k is the HTC S710 (14k)

Else
there's the..
Nokia N73 ~ 13k
Nokia 6500 Slide ~ 13.2k
Nokia 5610 Xpress Music ~ 11.5k
LG KE970 Titanium Black ~ 13.2k

Check out these phones in person and decide..

~ t.t.m

dude is there any other way to update firmware of nokia n95 other then online upgrade. I get frequent disconnection prob with net,since firmware is more then 100mb in size and it takes nearly 1hr to update phone from net.. i don't want to take any risks of converting n95 into paperweight:p . Nokie care guyz are still backing on very old firmware. So can i download first n then update phone with it??

vinay_0007 said:
dude is there any other way to update firmware of nokia n95 other then online upgrade. I get frequent disconnection prob with net,since firmware is more then 100mb in size and it takes nearly 1hr to update phone from net.. i don't want to take any risks of converting n95 into paperweight:p . Nokie care guyz are still backing on very old firmware. So can i download first n then update phone with it??

u can visit a local cell phone repair shop and get it done !
they probably use unlocking/upgrading hardware(gadgets&cables) to update the phone firmware directly..
risky though..

else try updating through ur comp but make sure your cable is in place..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back