~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

OK, I have a deal where am getting the HTC Touch for 10k (The fone is 2 months old and with bill and warranty). I am not THAT much into a touch phone but I quite like the HTC Touch. My last was N73 ME(Which got stolen) so here I am looking for a new one and have got a decent deal for this one.

How much does a new HTC Touch cost?

Cam is a requirement, Is the 2MP Cam of the HTC Touch good enough?

And will I need to overclock the processor and stuff?

Also, Will I need to upgrade Windows version from 5 to 6??

Are there enough apps available for Windows 6?

Thanks toxicmind ;).

Darthcoder said:
OK, I have a deal where am getting the HTC Touch for 10k (The fone is 2 months old and with bill and warranty). I am not THAT much into a touch phone but I quite like the HTC Touch. My last was N73 ME(Which got stolen) so here I am looking for a new one and have got a decent deal for this one.

How much does a new HTC Touch cost?
Cam is a requirement, Is the 2MP Cam of the HTC Touch good enough?
And will I need to overclock the processor and stuff?
Also, Will I need to upgrade Windows version from 5 to 6??
Are there enough apps available for Windows 6?

Thanks toxicmind ;).

the basic HTC TOUCH ~ 16.5K
and the special edition ~ 18.2k

and i suggest you go through the following in depth review of the htc touch ..
Mobile-review.com Review of GSM-communicator HTC Touch

it will probably answer all your questions..

my verdict is to go ahead and get the TOUCH..
you'll enjoy the new experience and it does have most of the sought-after features..
but then it neither comes with FM nor is its 2mp camera all that great ,which shouldn't matter coz u ought to be using it as a pda,not a hi-tech multimedia device..leavealone its imaging capabilities...

hope this helped..

~t.t.m

looking to get 6233 .. any idea abt its price ? is there any music edition of it which is worth getting ? also which colour is best looking one ?

how is 5310 ? worth going for over 6233 .. music playback and fm is priority .. i think cam on both will be same,,

yogi7272 said:
looking to get 6233 .. any idea abt its price ? is there any music edition of it which is worth getting ? also which colour is best looking one ?

how is 5310 ? worth going for over 6233 .. music playback and fm is priority .. i think cam on both will be same,,

Well the 6233 is more of a business oriented phone & features 3G technology..
the 5310 on the other hand is a newer,music oriented phone, lacking 3G..
other than that,they share the same set of features..
both their 2MP cams produce pics of avg.-med. quality but the 6233's images are still a tad better..

Nope,there ain't any music edition for the 6233 and i suggest you go in for the black model..

so that brings us to the following conclusion..
if u want a decent looking phone ,reasonable in all aspects..then go ahead with the 6233 else if you want something newer,slimmer and music oriented,get the 5310 !

CAM & ALL ROUNDER - 6233 ~ 6.9k
NEWER & MUSIC ORIENTED - 5310 ~ 9k

it's definitely a close call..
so it would be best if you could use both of them before hand and then decide based on your experiences..

hope this helped..

~ t.t.m

thanks dude .. had enough idea abt both handsets .. then again second expert opinion is always good :) will get 6233 black one ..its for my mom ..and also since i have a spare 2gb micro sd card .. it will be put to good use ..

yogi7272 said:

Well nokia has stopped production of 6233 :( but there might be some old stock in some areas... Music Edition cost more than the ordinary black one . don't get the white Music Edition in any case...

need a decent fone widin 7k max. what i need is very basic..like a decent 2mp cam, gr8 battery life, standby. most importantly, it shud have kinda like unltd sms storage with easy methods of transfer/backup to pc. wud luv a SE fone, since i did have a w810i.

Asidxxx said:
need a decent fone widin 7k max. what i need is very basic..like a decent 2mp cam, gr8 battery life, standby. most importantly, it shud have kinda like unltd sms storage with easy methods of transfer/backup to pc. wud luv a SE fone, since i did have a w810i.

wat happended to the w810? that's a gr8 phone...

anyws here are your options:

SE K550i ~ 7.4k (cybershot phone)
Nokia 6233 ~ 7k (good all-rounder)
Motorola SLVR L9 ~ 6.8k (sleek n decent features)

~ t.t.m

yogi7272 said:
price quoted for 6233 is 7.2 k .. lowest one .. is it ok ? how abt nokia 6267 ? is it good ? price ?

well,try haggling it down to 7k at some shop..

and is the 6267 actually available in india?
if your getting a good deal for the 6267,then go ahead with that!

got 6233 plain for 7k.. nice phone for its price .. with awesome speakers ..even better than n73 ones .. owned n73 and now 6233 .. surely can say 6233 speakers are a bit louder and clear than n73 at max volume .. overall nice phone ..

thetoxicmind said:
wat happended to the w810? that's a gr8 phone...

anyws here are your options:

SE K550i ~ 7.4k (cybershot phone)
Nokia 6233 ~ 7k (good all-rounder)
Motorola SLVR L9 ~ 6.8k (sleek n decent features)

~ t.t.m

the w810i was flicked :( anyways, wich 1 of the above gives me unltd sms storage? and that too wich can easily transfer those to a pc...

Asidxxx said:
the w810i was flicked :( anyways, wich 1 of the above gives me unltd sms storage? and that too wich can easily transfer those to a pc...

Nokias' are the easiest in PC transfer..
not sure bout utd. storage though but im sure it will be more than enough!

Asidxxx said:
he w810i was flicked anyways, wich 1 of the above gives me unltd sms storage? and that too wich can easily transfer those to a pc...
sure 6233 - unlimited storage. supposing each message is around 1kb, you can store about 5000messages in that tiny 6mb internal storage. with Nokia PC suite, you can transfer them to your PC but not sure about transferring back to mobile..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back