~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

thebanik said:
i lost my N93 yesterday, and am on lookout for a 5 MP cam phone, only constraint being that, i wont like to spend big moolah any further. What are the phone options available below 20k???? and which is the best among them, now if i put xenon flash as a must as well, i guess only K850 stands or are there other options as well???

Basically 5mp phone below 20k, second priority xenon flash, what are the options??

Your only options:

Samsung G800 ~ 5MP/XFLASH ~ 19K
Samsung G600 ~ 5MP/LED FLASH ~ 16.6K
LG KU990 Viewty ~ 5MP/XFLASH ~ 19.1K
SE K850 ~ 5MP/XFLASH ~ 19K
Nokia N82 ~ 5MP/XFLASH ~ 19.5K

based on the overall camera & vid. rec. performance its got to be the LG viewty or the N82 !

Hope this helped..

~ t.t.m

Crazysah said:
Yeah I am talking about the new 6600... When do you think the new 6600 and the N78 will be out?

Also... which phone would you recommmend that is below 15K and has a decent camera and good features otherwise?

Thanks
Crazysah

The new 6600 Slide & fold are expected in the third quarter of 2008..
And the N78 will start shipping in the second quarter of 2008.

If your not in a hurry,you could wait for sometime and get one of the new phones..

If you are..
the fllg phones are pretty good..

Nokia 6500 Slide ~ 3.2MP/LFlash Cam ~ 13.2k
Nokia 5610 XpressMusic ~ 3.2MP/LFlash Cam ~ 11.5k
Nokia N73 Me ~ 3.2MP/LFlash Cam ~ 13k

SE K810 ~ 3.2MP Cam/XFlash ~ 13k
SE K790 ~ 3.2MP Cam/XFlash ~ 10.8k

LG KF600 ~ 3.2MP Cam/LFlash ~ 14.5k

Samsung D900i ~ 3.2MP Cam/LFlash ~ 10k

My Picks:
1. SE K810
2. Nokia 6500 Slide
3. LG KF600

thebanik said:
i lost my N93 yesterday, and am on lookout for a 5 MP cam phone, only constraint being that, i wont like to spend big moolah any further. What are the phone options available below 20k???? and which is the best among them, now if i put xenon flash as a must as well, i guess only K850 stands or are there other options as well???

Basically 5mp phone below 20k, second priority xenon flash, what are the options??

K850, LG KU990 Viewty, Samsung G600, N95 8GB, N82, Samsung metal 5- all're 5meggers;

Get the K850i for 20k if u can; typically u shud; The best 5meg clicker and a SE!!! :)

PS: Sorry fer ur loss. :(

thanks gannu and toxic, after reading through some reviews, i have kinda narrowed down to, K850, N82 and N95 8GB.

can you help me with the choice and the prices as well....

thebanik said:
thanks gannu and toxic, after reading through some reviews, i have kinda narrowed down to, K850, N82 and N95 8GB.

can you help me with the choice and the prices as well....

The N95 is a universal phone ! the big daddy !! so go ahead with the N95 8GB(27K! ) ,if you intend too..

Btw,wasn't your budget 20k ? ur now considering the n95 8gb??

And then there's something less bulkier but as good as the big daddy,

the N82 (19.5k) !!!

Forget the SE K850,coz the N82 beats it in quite a few aspects !

As far as the camera is concerned,the N82 has an edge over the N95's cam..

So,the clear answer.. NOKIA N82 !!!

Somehow the candybar appearance of the N82 doesn appeal to me.. Look sickeningly long like its unsuccessful bro - the N73.

Anyways narrow down ur options to the N82/K850i until u pay a visit to the showroom n see one personally. :)

Anyhow in cam department, K850i I felt is a lot faster n better than the N82.

gannu said:
Somehow the candybar appearance of the N82 doesn appeal to me.. Look sickeningly long like its unsuccessful bro - the N73.

Anyways narrow down ur options to the N82/K850i until u pay a visit to the showroom n see one personally. :)

Anyhow in cam department, K850i I felt is a lot faster n better than the N82.

N73Me...ahem...unsuccessful???
you have no idea how popular the phone still is..
im sure other members would agree with this..
but yes,the phone is slow(its symbian to blame!)and can be a turn off to some..

i think you should read the comprehensive reviews by cellphone experts on the internet before you come to conclusions..

As I mentioned in the review, the K850i is disappointingly not good enough. It’s quite an upset, considering it carries the Cyber-shot tag. But images in normal daylight, Macro, and Sports mode are quite good; just keep it out of the dark. On the other hand, the N82 with its Carl Zeiss lens is capable of taking some pretty good shots in almost all conditions save Sports mode. But then it's better in low light as well.

The n82's camera starts in 2 seconds flat,ready to shoot! and you consider that slow?:(

Guess your a SE fan..:eek:hyeah:
else any person with sound cellphone knowledge would choose the N82 over the SE K850, anyday!

thetoxicmind said:
N73Me...ahem...unsuccessful???
you have no idea how popular the phone still is..
im sure other members would agree with this..
but yes,the phone is slow(its symbian to blame!)and can be a turn off to some..

i think you should read the comprehensive reviews by cellphone experts on the internet before you come to conclusions..

The n82's camera starts in 2 seconds flat,ready to shoot! and you consider that slow?:(

Guess your a SE fan..:eek:hyeah:
else any person with sound cellphone knowledge would choose the N82 over the SE K850, anyday!

Heh I've seen both n tested 'em in a short span of time [ and ther's virtually no fone which my collg mates dun've including d 1st model of the Vertu!!]

M no fanboi n hav no special preference fer a fone.

N73ME- Now tats somethin else; All of my friends who've had tat fone have had problems within 2-3 months of usage; N got it replaced for another model.
The fone has a decent cam n good music-handling features no doubt but the OS's real slow. :(

gannu said:
Heh I've seen both n tested 'em in a short span of time [ and ther's virtually no fone which my collg mates dun've including d 1st model of the Vertu!!]

M no fanboi n hav no special preference fer a fone.

N73ME- Now tats somethin else; All of my friends who've had tat fone have had problems within 2-3 months of usage; N got it replaced for another model.
The fone ha a decent cam n good music-handling features no doubt but the OS's real slow. :(

like i told you..the n73 is symbian based..so it is slow and prone to hanging..

the n82 on the other,inspite of being a symbian phone,has the latest version which is way faster ! so ur comparing a FAST SYMBIAN phone with a se phone featuring std. SE os...

ain't fair//

thetoxicmind said:
The new 6600 Slide & fold are expected in the third quarter of 2008..
And the N78 will start shipping in the second quarter of 2008.

If your not in a hurry,you could wait for sometime and get one of the new phones..

If you are..
the fllg phones are pretty good..

Nokia 6500 Slide ~ 3.2MP/LFlash Cam ~ 13.2k
Nokia 5610 XpressMusic ~ 3.2MP/LFlash Cam ~ 11.5k
Nokia N73 Me ~ 3.2MP/LFlash Cam ~ 13k

SE K810 ~ 3.2MP Cam/XFlash ~ 13k
SE K790 ~ 3.2MP Cam/XFlash ~ 10.8k

LG KF600 ~ 3.2MP Cam/LFlash ~ 14.5k

Samsung D900i ~ 3.2MP Cam/LFlash ~ 10k

My Picks:
1. SE K810
2. Nokia 6500 Slide
3. LG KF600

Thanks alot mate.

Anyrough idea on the date when the N78 will launch and what will be the price?

thetoxicmind said:
arey..mey to options he dey saktha hoon.. ;)
ye sab key alawa koi achi options nahi hein...

btw,the w950 doesn't have a camera nor does it have edge..

haanji bhai....:)

mein kabhi phone pe gprs chalta nahin hoon aur camera i really care nahin karta....bit strange...but if the phone offers me gud music(i am not a audiophile so super excellent quality bhi not required...), gud screen for reading ebooks i am more than satisfied...

me this time am looking at the htc 3400 :p total change....but yeah it fits into my requirements....will update if i get it..

Hi guys,
I've just bought Nokia 6233.. And I'm LOVING it! :eek:hyeah:
It has awesome sound quality.. a good camera.. Everything is perfect. The only problem is I don't like its default media player as it does not have the rewind or forward option. I've looked over the net for its substitute but haven't been very lucky :(
If anyone could direct me to it.. I'd be really thankful. :)

There is a Java app called "KD player"

Google it, If u dont get it, I will just post it here...

Regards,aka.

As per regards to K850 vs N82 thing, There has been a fair amount of controversy regarding the result, although the review photos leave no one in doubt That N82 produces better results...
How ever The interface differs a lot, and that is the reason Why some people prefer the cybershot interface.....

K850 produces photos with very low saturation for most parts, but when it comes to red everything goes topsyturvy... vermillion(Light red) ends up looking like Magenta, Orange looks like vermillion. Other colours are just too "down", and somehow It manages to make a fairly sunny day at 4 pm in bangalore look like it is overcast....

Also retailing at the same price as N82 , It is simply not worth it. How can you compare lame features like Auto orientation and electronic lens cover with wifi and Gps (maybe you dont need these yet, but still it is better to have them)
And this is when we havent talked about the Symbian (which is a turnoff for some people), the stereo speakers (not as good but still better then K850) ofcourse slightly larger screen......

K850i does have some good points like better design imo, better interface again imho, but that about it. Ah, the video quality also sucks here big time....

I am out and out SE fanboy, And K850i was a big disappointment. It is good I did'nt buy that phone..

let us see. Maybe Se C702 will be a fine piece of work

skylark said:
Hi guys,
I've just bought Nokia 6233.. And I'm LOVING it! :eek:hyeah:
It has awesome sound quality.. a good camera.. Everything is perfect. The only problem is I don't like its default media player as it does not have the rewind or forward option. I've looked over the net for its substitute but haven't been very lucky :(
If anyone could direct me to it.. I'd be really thankful. :)

+1 for 'KD Player' !!

I'm using the windows media player themed version...

Get them all at Mobiles24.com ! gr8 site !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back