~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

@aka - for me k850i is a big disappointment as well .. used k750i ( courtesy of ur and xfactor recommendation ) and k790i .. superb cam phones ..and then coming to k850i :no: .. hence opted for n82 .. awesome xenon flash.. black n82 version is out .. and n78 should be 15k max ..

thetoxicmind said:
well the intitial price will be 21k and its rumored release date is May 7th..

Yep,it is debuting along with N82 Black & N96 !
Thats a steep price.

So now... N82 vs N78? I think the N82 because it is cheaper at around 17K right?
Secondly... whats the difference between the N95 and N96? Prices?

Crazysah said:
Thats a steep price.

So now... N82 vs N78? I think the N82 because it is cheaper at around 17K right?
Secondly... whats the difference between the N95 and N96? Prices?

Dude,I suggest you consider only two phones..
changing your mind everytime is going to make your decision easier.

N82(18.5k),N95(20k),N95 8GB(27.5K) or
wait for the N78(21k*) & N96(27k*) ....

* - Expected prices

*~ Budget Phones ~*

Constrained budget for your new phone ? Look no further..

~ Top 5 Budget Camera-Phones for under 5k ~

1.LG KP220 ~ 4.7K

2.Nokia 3110 Classic ~ 4.5K

3.Samsung E250 ~ 4.4K

4.Sony Ericsson W200i ~ 4.3K

5.Motorola L6i ~ 3.1K

~ T.T.M ~

Hey,
what are your views about the motorazr2 v8? I wanted a phone with a fantastic looks, decent cam(2-3.2)(would have surely bought the razr2 w/o any hitch if it had flash) and a very good mp3 player(here the razr2 im aiming at has 2gigs of space an ive heard it has good playback quality). Can u suggest some other phone if u think the razr is crap? y budget is arnd 10-12k max....

TerrorBlade said:
Hey,
what are your views about the motorazr2 v8? I wanted a phone with a fantastic looks, decent cam(2-3.2)(would have surely bought the razr2 w/o any hitch if it had flash) and a very good mp3 player(here the razr2 im aiming at has 2gigs of space an ive heard it has good playback quality). Can u suggest some other phone if u think the razr is crap? y budget is arnd 10-12k max....

Motorola has always given us stylish phones..
a few 'compromises' bundled here n there though..

So if your all out for great styling & visual appeal and ready to compromise on the camera & lack of FM,go ahead with the RAZR2 V8 2GB Version (12.4k) !

The only other sensible option would be the Nokia 5610 Xpress Music(11.5k) which is truly loaded but lacking the Moto's striking visual appeal..

Hope this helped..

Thx dude that really helped...I really want the v8 but at the same time i wanna keep away from it as i currently own a v3i and it has been a really bad phone for me. Ive had it for 8 months(bought in new delhi for 7200) and i have dropped it only once till date and it was fine after that. For the past 2-3 months though it has given me loads of problems, i.e. it keeps on refreshing by itself(the screen just goes blanks from time to time especially when i get a call or when im talking or writing an sms and then comes back on) and so i can barely talk to anyone and always tend to lose what im writing in an sms midway...Its still under warranty and all and i will get it repared in a day or 2 as i have been lazy but i was considering getting it repaired by motorola here in ahmedabad and selling it off and buying a new phone. I think i should get a nokia 5610 simply because i really need a new phone with a really good camera as im in my 12th grade now and would love to store and share pics with all my friends at school to keep them as memories for future but at the same time i wanted a lot of style but i guess ill definitely try to tend towards the 5610 due to its better features and due to my bad experience with moto phones...They truly suck imo:mad: . What do u think?

TerrorBlade said:
What about the 6500 Slide? How does it compare to 5610?
Thx.

Well,if music is your top priority get the 5610 XM
else get the 6500 Slide..

Both are basically the same,spec wise..
The 6500 is a tad better in the camera dept. with Carl-Zeiss Optics whereas the 5610 has a better audio chipset & built-in music player..

So it all depends on your priority..

My daughter has been using the Z550i for over a year but has developed a allergy to metal in the last few months. What solutions are available to avoid the metal contact?
Also is there any mobile phone available with a non-metallic body and features similar to the Z550i?

Emil said:
My daughter has been using the Z550i for over a year but has developed a allergy to metal in the last few months. What solutions are available to avoid the metal contact?

Also is there any mobile phone available with a non-metallic body and features similar to the Z550i?

Well u cld hve mentioned your budget & certain key features that she would like to have..

Fortunately,there is something very similar from the SE stable..

The new Z555 !! A tad better than the Z550..

sony-ericsson-z555-ofc.jpg

Retails @ 6.1k !

Check it out & lemme know..

P.s:You could get a crystal case for the z550i to avoid metal contact..

Crazysah said:
Is the N81 a good phone? Or anything similar to it?
HERE ARE A FEW IMPRESSIONS OF THE PHONE FROM TOP CELL PHONE REVIEW SITES:

The N81 is a mixed bag – on the one hand, it is a youth-orientated device with all the essentials of one inside, but it comes with a very mediocre camera and no business-savvy features onboard (applications in the first place, but you can install them manually). Sonic experience-wise, the N81 is quite a decent performer, which is indicated by our RMAA tests; unfortunately the set of headphones it comes packaged with is not as good. Its gaming department is yet to emerge, and when the N-Gage service will go online the Nokia N81 will one of a slew of offerings with knack for games.

This phone lacks charisma to become a bestseller with its design alone, and its feature pack is not as fantastic as they claim. On balance, it is an average solution, that can’t make our mouths watering, or make us throw it back into the box – it is somewhat between these two extremes. This means the N81 scores a “B” and if you are not expecting it do somersaults, you will be quite content with it.

The N81 is an impressive device, and with built-in Wi-Fi networking and the massive internal storage, we have no problems recommending it. We do wish the N81 was slimmer, sexier, more fashionable, and to be recognised as a truly well-rounded media player the N81 would need a longer list of compatible video codecs. The N81 will appeal to people interested in a high-end phone like Nokia's N95, but who would prefer to save money at the expense of the excellent camera and built-in GPS, even if skimping on these components won't slim down the pocket bulge.

Reviewing the Nokia N81 was fun, except for the short periods when it got on our nerves with its awkward D-pad. Having in mind that some of its disadvantages will be fixed, we think a strong and able Symbian device is joining up the ranks. A screen of this size is not so often seen, while its gaming powers add up to a really exciting gadget. There's no doubt however that the N81 is quite a niche product, even if it's not as outspokenly eccentric as its N-gage siblings. It's worth considering how many people will be tempted by the rich smartphone functionality and turned down by the excessively youthful image of the gaming-happy N81. The hefty price tag is no surprise but it may cause many to think twice before choosing a Nokia N81 over N95 for example. If you ask us, we'll definitely go for the N95, never mind its inadequate battery. Plus, the N81 is the game-centered device in the N-series, but many of its teammates are compatible with the N-gage games anyway.

I think the above impressions give you a clear picture..

If you don't mind paying a premium for the amount of features it offers then go ahead with the N81.

The only other alternative would be the mighty N95 8gb !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back