~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

raunaqmorarka said:
Qwerty keypad
Must connect to wifi modems in a hassle free manner.
Camera is unimportant.

If you like BB devices and willing to sign up for the BB internet service, The Blackberry Bold 9000 (29.3K*) is something you could consider.

Next, you have the Nokia N97 (29.3K*) and the N97 mini (26.6K*).
Both run on the Touch-optimized Symbian OS (which isn't consistent yet) and feature decent specs.

Last but not the least, at 31.9K, there's the WinMobile based HTC Touch Pro featuring an excellent QWERTY keypad in addition to being a great PDA.

So, there you go, the above three are your top options.

~ T.T.M ~

neerajrk said:
Well my first choice is E75 of course but as its discontinued , i have to go for other options. E72 is good but i dont like it because of the small keys.

is there any other option than OmniaPRO B7610 , Symbian or WinMo what ever.

Omnia PRO looks to be decent phone but SAMSUNG ??? is it a reliable brand, also i have some vedio reviews and i feel Omnia pro has sluggish touch response. whats your say

Well, Samsung has been developing 'WinMobile based' phones for a few years now. The TouchWiz interface only improves the WinMo experience on their devices.

The sluggish touch response is more of a delay in registering the touch. When touches are registered, the responses are quick enough.

Watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCdam3Tva6o

Remember, it has a resistive touchscreen display and obviously can't match the responsiveness and fluidity of the iPhone's capacitive touchscreen.

The OmniaPRO's price tag is what makes it tempting, when similarly spec'd devices cost upwards of 25K.

Other options:

Nokia E66 ~ 18.8K*

Nokia N86 ~ 20.4K*

LG GM730 ~ 21K*

~ T.T.M ~

HEY TOXIC !

Wanted to buy a VFM Phone for my DAD. Budget is 10K

- Nokia Only :p

- Messaging Should be Easy

- Camera/Multimedia not that important

- Should look good / Business Phone look.

- Not too BULKY

! 0 t A said:
HEY TOXIC !

Wanted to buy a VFM Phone for my DAD. Budget is 10K

- Nokia Only :p
- Messaging Should be Easy
- Camera/Multimedia not that important
- Should look good / Business Phone look.
- Not too BULKY

The Nokia E63 (10.8K*) should be perfect.
Messaging will be a breeze with the QWERTY keypad.

hi!
i came across the motorola zn5---5 mp kodak camera phone @ croma for 7999/-!!!!
also i wanted to buy the sony c-901 the 5mp candy bar phone with xenon flash but availability seems to be a problem --can anyone help me recommend a store with this phone or the pricing for that matter?

sunny27 said:
hi!
i came across the motorola zn5---5 mp kodak camera phone @ croma for 7999/-!!!!
also i wanted to buy the sony c-901 the 5mp candy bar phone with xenon flash but availability seems to be a problem --can anyone help me recommend a store with this phone or the pricing for that matter?

That's a pretty good deal on the ZN5 ! It still is among the best (VFM) 5MP camera phones in the market.

And the SE C901 hasn't hit stores yet.
When it does, it will sport a price tag of 15-16K (approx)

sathyanaidu said:
TTM! Could you please suggest a phone with slide out k/b, touch and wifi in strictly less than 20k..

TIA~

Unfortunately, your best option would be the Samsung B7610 Omnia Pro (22K*).

If you can compromise on WiFi :

LG GW525 ~ 13K*

If you can compromise on the touchscreen :

Nokia E75 ~ 17.3K*

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
The Nokia E63 (10.8K*) should be perfect.
Messaging will be a breeze with the QWERTY keypad.

Not sure my DAD would use up all the features in the "E" series and could be just an over kill.

Any other options ? If we go outside NOKIA too ? However my DAD is a Hardcore Nokia Fanboi :p

Hi Guys...

Can you please suggest a cheap and best dual sim phone. Would prefer something that is very durable quality wise with good battery support. No need of any features (Just call and messaging is enough). Also brand which has good A.S.S.

Preffered Budget: 2K

Was looking for a Cellphone within Rs. 5000-6000. My main requirement is that I can store practically unlimited SMS's maybe even save them to the memory card. Is there any cell within this price bracket.

! 0 t A said:
Not sure my DAD would use up all the features in the "E" series and could be just an over kill.

Any other options ? If we go outside NOKIA too ? However my DAD is a Hardcore Nokia Fanboi :p

Doesn't matter. Let him not use those extra features. :p

Another option would be the SE T700 (11.3K*)
ragzdiablo said:
Hi,
need to gift a phone to a friend..

budget: ~12k

please suggest phones other than 5800XM

thank you.
REQUIREMENTS ???
sunny27 said:
hi!
just a query-----the moto zn5 for 8k in croma is an open box piece---should i go for it?i will get 1 year warranty with it.

Have you checked the overall condition of this handset? :huh:
The ZN5 is pretty good, its USP being the Kodak camera module.

So as long as everything is alright, it's a good deal.
~ T.T.M ~

sg3707 said:
Hi Guys...

Can you please suggest a cheap and best dual sim phone. Would prefer something that is very durable quality wise with good battery support. No need of any features (Just call and messaging is enough). Also brand which has good A.S.S.

Preffered Budget: 2K

Your Options:

Lava KKT-11 ~ 2.7K*

Videocon V1302 ~ 2.5K*

Karbonn K330 ~ 2.1K*

Orion 903 ~ 2.1K*

Can't really comment on their A.S.S.

~ T.T.M ~

Thanx ttm for your earlier suggestion.since you warned against the longivity of a gsm+cdma dual sim phone,is there any dual cdma phone which will be reliable in the long run?budget would be below 5k.

techno_funky said:
Was looking for a Cellphone within Rs. 5000-6000. My main requirement is that I can store practically unlimited SMS's maybe even save them to the memory card. Is there any cell within this price bracket.

The Nokia 5130 XM (5.1K*) would be a safe bet.

dantool said:
Thanx ttm for your earlier suggestion.since you warned against the longivity of a gsm+cdma dual sim phone,is there any dual cdma phone which will be reliable in the long run?budget would be below 5k.

There is no such phone in the market. :p

thetoxicmind said:
Your Options:

Lava KKT-11 ~ 2.7K*
Videocon V1302 ~ 2.5K*
Karbonn K330 ~ 2.1K*
Orion 903 ~ 2.1K*

Can't really comment on their A.S.S.

~ T.T.M ~

Thanks ...Is there anything from samsung or sony..atleast in 5K..
can you please tell how is support for micromax and spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back