~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Hi,

Can some1 help me in getting a mobile phone for my MOM.

What I want is.....

a) Tamil Language - support in contacts / address book... bcoz my mom finds difficulty in reading English..

b) bigger screen - at least 240 x 320 pixels...

c) Budget not more than 7k....

d) Nokia will be better

5130 Express Music has tamil support.... I need some other phone than 5130...

Drop ur suggentions plz...

tools / setting -> phone -> language settings -> check for tamil.. if it is there do post here....

thetoxicmind said:
Although the Samsung Star offers a fun, touchscreen experience and is VFM, its touchscreen may or may not prove reliable on a LONG-TERM basis. So if you are skeptical about it, better to be safe than sorry.

So, your best bet would be the SE C510 (9.2K*) or the SE T715 (9.5K*), both being 3G devices.

~ T.T.M ~

Just for queries have anyone come across non responsive touch screen of samsung star . If yes then what was the time taken for the a.s.s to repair it. :huh:
What is your take on SE W595 and the W705.WHICH would be better?

ajmalred said:
Hi,

Can some1 help me in getting a mobile phone for my MOM.
What I want is.....
a) Tamil Language - support in contacts / address book... bcoz my mom finds difficulty in reading English..
b) bigger screen - at least 240 x 320 pixels...
c) Budget not more than 7k....
d) Nokia will be better
5130 Express Music has tamil support.... I need some other phone than 5130...

Drop ur suggentions plz...
tools / setting -> phone -> language settings -> check for tamil.. if it is there do post here....

The following phones support the Tamil language:

Samsung E1160
Samsung E2120B
Samsung E2130

and select Nokia devices.

As far as options go, you can consider the Nokia 6303 Classic if you don't like the 5130 XM. Not sure if it supports tamil though.

shaibalik said:
any idea when will the NOKIA 5730 will be released in India ?? and how much do you excpect its price to be ?

In the next two months I suppose.
Should be priced at around 17k.

ggt said:
Just for queries have anyone come across non responsive touch screen of samsung star . If yes then what was the time taken for the a.s.s to repair it. :huh:
What is your take on SE W595 and the W705.WHICH would be better?

1. I meant long term reliability. The phone is quite recent, so it's hard to say. Not many complaints as of now.
2. Both are above your budget.
Overall, the W705 is a better deal but the W595's audio quality is much better comparatively.

~ T.T.M ~

naive_harry said:
I want to buy a mobile for Rs 3000.
Preferably Nokia. Which is the best VFM MS in this price range. I can not possibly go beyond 3000. Please help.

Best Options:

Samsung E2120B ~ 2.7K*
Nokia 2330 Classic ~ 2.6K*
LG GB110 ~ 2.9K*

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
May take upto 3 months.
Once settled, should be priced at around 18K.
If omnia lite may price around 18k and then i think price of omnia pro B7610 22k on univercell is nice deal and it is better pone too. But omnia pro is still not available at any shops in mumbai.Any idea when it hitting stores.

btw thanks for u valuable info

want to buy phone in 10-11K not more than that....

phones i think are

1.samsung corby

2.samsung star

3.nokia 5530xm(will be avaiable in mid december)

anybody have any other suggestion plz help....

gaidu said:
If omnia lite may price around 18k and then i think price of omnia pro B7610 22k on univercell is nice deal and it is better pone too. But omnia pro is still not available at any shops in mumbai.Any idea when it hitting stores.

btw thanks for u valuable info

Well, that's just an estimate but if you can spend the extra, the OmniaPRO is definitely worth it !

It should hit stores in Mumbai pretty soon.

puja399 said:
What is the price of E72 now?

19.9K All Inc.

rockyhalo said:
want to buy phone in 10-11K not more than that....

phones i think are

1.samsung corby

2.samsung star

3.nokia 5530xm(will be avaiable in mid december)

anybody have any other suggestion plz help....

If your looking for a touchscreen device, the Samsung Star/Star Wifi is what you need.

Corby is a compact, stripped down version of the Star(minus the capacitive touchscreen) that is aimed at the youth of today, packing social networking features in addition to the basics.

The Nokia 5530 XM is expected to carry a price tag of close to 17K.

On the other hand, if your looking for a no-frills, non-touchscreen phone, the SE C510 (9.2K*) & SE T715 (9.5K*) are viable options.

If you need a QWERTY keypad, there's the Samsung C6625 and the Nokia E63, both priced at 10.8K*.

Now, this should give you an idea. :)

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
If your looking for a touchscreen device, the Samsung Star/Star Wifi is what you need.

Corby is a compact, stripped down version of the Star(minus the capacitive touchscreen) that is aimed at the youth of today, packing social networking features in addition to the basics.

The Nokia 5530 XM is expected to carry a price tag of close to 17K.

On the other hand, if your looking for a no-frills, non-touchscreen phone, the SE C510 (9.2K*) & SE T715 (9.5K*) are viable options.

If you need a QWERTY keypad, there's the Samsung C6625 and the Nokia E63, both priced at 10.8K*.

Now, this should give you an idea. :)

~ T.T.M ~

Have a look at these ... 5530 available for 12-13k on ebay ..

eBay India: SEALED PACK NOKIA 5530 XPRESSMUSIC MOBILE WITH NATIONAL (item 250538405724 end time 04-Dec-2009 21:22:59 IST)

eBay India: SEALED PACK NOKIA 5530 XPRESSMUSIC MOBILE WITH NATIONAL (item 190354577894 end time 07-Dec-2009 18:59:39 IST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back