~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

abhi78 said:
Hi friends,

I m looking for a touchscreen phone for around 20K. Have shortlisted Samsung Ultratouch and Jet. Can you pls advise which one shud I go for And if you know any other better option too?
Thanks.

It would help if you could specify your requirements i.e what features you want.
Both of the above are feature phones and both are good. But the Jet has an 800MHz processor.

If you want to buy a smartphone, you can consider the HTC Touch Diamond or Nokia 5800.

thetoxicmind said:
The Nokia E71 & the newer E72 are better options.

But if he's keen on BB functionality, the 8520 ain't that bad !

thanks toxic!

nopes.. he wants to stay away from e71 since his brother already has that and e63.. so he wants a any other company than nokia! ;) thus bbry.. !

Guys need some advice on this.
I am thinking of changing my phone. Bought the Nokia 5320 XM a year back. My budget would be around 15K max this time. I have the following questions
1. Can i get an new iphone 2g somewhere(Live in pune, but could go to mumbai if its available there) for around 15K?
2. A friend of mine told me to buy the 2g iphone, upgrade it to 3.0 firmware and then unlock it instead of buying the 3g one. Is this more VFM?
3. Any other decent phones i can get in 15K( If i cant get the iphone) preferably touchscreen? Or should i wait for new ones to come?

Hi TTM,

Looking for Best,Sturdy & loud sound (ring tone) Mobile handset from following selected by me, please help me to select best from:

Nokia 6303 Classic

Nokia 5130 XM (reading hanging issue... is it true :huh:)

SonyEricsson G502

SonyEricsson K550

SonyEricsson W302

if you have any other good option in mind suggest it too.

Hi guys,
M looking for a phone around 15 to 20K and music is my top priority. Mostly i would prefer Sony Ericsson ones(..had a SE W550i....lost it[:(]). I read some reviews and was considering N79,N82 because of their price.Are there any SE walkman phones which r going to come in this price range and ya i saw the W995 but its out of my budget.Help me as i need to buy a cell this weekend from Mumbai

Emperor said:
Hi TTM,

Looking for Best,Sturdy & loud sound (ring tone) Mobile handset from following selected by me, please help me to select best from:

Nokia 6303 Classic

Nokia 5130 XM (reading hanging issue... is it true :huh:)

SonyEricsson G502

SonyEricsson K550

SonyEricsson W302

if you have any other good option in mind suggest it too.

The Nokia 6303 Classic is a well-balanced phone with decent a decent music player and acceptable audio quality, add to that a 3.5mm jack.
Next in line, is the Nokia 5130 XM, an entry level music phone with decent audio/music performance.
Any OS is prone to hanging and can be fixed by firmware upgrades.

If you don't need a 3.5mm jack, consider the SE G502 !

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

sohancool said:
Guys need some advice on this.
I am thinking of changing my phone. Bought the Nokia 5320 XM a year back. My budget would be around 15K max this time. I have the following questions
1. Can i get an new iphone 2g somewhere(Live in pune, but could go to mumbai if its available there) for around 15K?
2. A friend of mine told me to buy the 2g iphone, upgrade it to 3.0 firmware and then unlock it instead of buying the 3g one. Is this more VFM?
3. Any other decent phones i can get in 15K( If i cant get the iphone) preferably touchscreen? Or should i wait for new ones to come?

Now, there is the legitimate way of buying a retail version of the iphone for a premium and then there are OTHER WAYS.
The decision remains yours.

That apart, the two choices you have for under 15K are:

HTC Touch Viva ~ 13.3K*
Samsung Star 3G ~ 11.2K*

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
The Nokia 6303 Classic is a well-balanced phone with decent a decent music player and acceptable audio quality, add to that a 3.5mm jack.
Next in line, is the Nokia 5130 XM, an entry level music phone with decent audio/music performance.
Any OS is prone to hanging and can be fixed by firmware upgrades.

If you don't need a 3.5mm jack, consider the SE G502 !

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

Sorry but I just not aware importance of 3.5mm Jack :ashamed:

So if I ignore 3.5mm Jack than max. votes go to SE G502, right?

Any other SE/Nokia specific model you want to suggest me here which will fit or near by my requirements.?

Thanks for Reply :)

Emperor said:
Sorry but I just not aware importance of 3.5mm Jack :ashamed:

So if I ignore 3.5mm Jack than max. votes go to SE G502, right?

Any other SE/Nokia specific model you want to suggest me here which will fit or near by my requirements.?

Thanks for Reply :)

The SE G502 is tried and tested.
Not to mention, a well-balanced option !

~ T.T.M ~

phone under the budget of 6000.

i am looking for good music phone under the budget of Rs.6000 .

suggest the better options for me.

i am looking forward for Nokia 5130.-Is it's silver colour is also available in market?

Re: phone under the budget of 6000.

ami_07 said:
i am looking for good music phone under the budget of Rs.6000 .

suggest the better options for me.

i am looking forward for Nokia 5130.-Is it's silver colour is also available in market?

The Nokia 5130 XM is your best bet !
And the silver variant is available in the market.

Spy king said:
hey, has the E75 and the 5730 launched in India yet? what is the cost??

The Nokia E75 is available in stores for as low as 22.2K*

The Nokia 5730 XM may hit stores by the end of this month with a sticker price of around 20K.

Soyab0007 said:
Suggest me a second hand windows mobile under 5k

Sorry, No such suggestions here.

Moreover, prices are subjective !

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
Yeah.It retails for 17K+ 4%VAT !
e72 even the nokia retails dnt know the release here
n i heard it above 23000
are u shure e72 worth that bcz e71 still has mrp of 17000 inc all taxes ,,i dnt think thatz possible
if thatz true waht u say m waiting 2 lay m hands n one of these metal messengers

I need a Music Phone , Preferrebly nokia . for about 10k

i have considered Nokia 5320XM , SE W560i (something like that)

should have good camera , decent looks . etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back