The most badass boss of a game you have played?

For me it were the boss battles in Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones.

Those two buggers with long weapons (forgot the names, Twins or something) :O:fear:

And the Vizier in the end :death:

chiron said:
I'm not sure about badass but the one I remember best is Lisbeth from Undying... even with her head chopped off :D
How about the last boss in that game? The one like a scorpion. I don't remember finishing that off. But that was quite a long time ago.

I don't remember all the bosses I have fought in all my games.

But I do remember the Russian from The Punisher...

So, I am guessing he was probably the most badass!! :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nj_gamer said:
Don't laugh, but as i kid i could never kill Shredder in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The NES game... No idea where that console is now, else i'd try to complete that game...
You are not alone mate... :(

nj_gamer said:
Don't laugh, but as i kid i could never kill Shredder in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The NES game... No idea where that console is now, else i'd try to complete that game...
add me also to this list. I used to force my brother to play co-op and even then couldnt finish this one. But that was an awesome game!

Anyone remember Gunther from Deus Ex? Not really a boss, more like an optional boss. My friend told me that he managed to actually kill him in NY. So, I tried and tried and tried, but never managed to actually kill that bastard.

jc36lect3r said:
^^ You could just use the kill phrase "Laputan Machine"
That is in Paris cathedral if I remember correct. But my friend told me he managed to take him down in NY train station, before going to prison. It has been a VERY long time, so dont remember all the details.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Don't fret man. I couldn't beat him either. I had to co-op with my brother to take him and Krang down.
And I have finished all 4 of those :p Turtles 3 was toughest !!
Anyways for me it was "crow" in FarCry 1.I was playing on challenging difficult and couldn't beat him so I had to take youtube's help.

nj_gamer said:
Guys there are several TMNT games released. For the 8-bit NES console, I had played the TMNT which starts off near a beach. Every level has a boss. This level has Rocksteady or Bebop as the boss. And later we encounter Shredder who after being defeated escapes, consumes some compound which transforms him into Super Shredder. Is this the game you guys are referring to?

Had played it during 1997. :ashamed:

Well there were 4.The last one was fighting game and the first one was single player with sever levels.The other 2 had co-op and the one which starts off near the beach is turtles 3 .Yes it was the toughest but in co-op super shredder was beatable,that unlimited special skill when you had just "I" life helped a lot :)

Desecrator said:
Guys there are several TMNT games released. For the 8-bit NES console, I had played the TMNT which starts off near a beach. Every level has a boss. This level has Rocksteady or Bebop as the boss. And later we encounter Shredder who after being defeated escapes, consumes some compound which transforms him into Super Shredder. Is this the game you guys are referring to?

Had played it during 1997. :ashamed:
yea, the game I played also started in a beach, but dont remember if there was a boss at each level. I remember there was level where I was surfing on water and the next level was on a floating new york!! :)

pretttt said:
yea, the game I played also started in a beach, but dont remember if there was a boss at each level. I remember there was level where I was surfing on water and the next level was on a floating new york!! :)
Gotcha! This' it then. :)

Believe me guys when I say this, I had got a cartridge initially for around 900 INR back then and the TMNT title in this cartridge was way too hard because the AI took a lot of hacks and slashes to die. After spanning several levels, I used to die. Left the game then. Later I got hold of another cartridge which had the same title but the AI was relatively easy. Took fewer hacks to die. Completed this game in single player. IIRC the game allowed for 3 restarts as well from the level where you die. :p

EDIT: Confirmed. It is TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project. Thanks pavasedge! :)

Heinrich in "Return To Castle Wolfenstein" for me. Damn he was big.

In the same game Ãœbersoldaten from the X-Labs level was also difficult.

Talking of Heinrich in RTCW, there are multiple ways to defeat this guy. One was a glitch in the game wherein if you can lure him near the entrance, and immediately come out of it, the entrance closes when the rocks fall down and this in turn falls atop Heinrich and he dies. The second way (and the hardest) is to fight him using the Venom, panzerfaust, Tesla and the other guns. The last way is make that hanging piece of rock in the arena fall atop him.

Even the uber soldats were hard esp. the prototype. But defeat-able nonetheless. So loved the game back then. <3 ID.

dhruvrock2000 said:
I still have my NES :)

Hmm.. anyone remember the NES Game - Legend of Kage ? That was one crazy game...
I do remember, but I have seen more badass bosses then that one.

Most bosses after your encounter Alma in Ninja Gaiden Sigma including Alma. Also, "enjoy" the boss marathon at end of chapter 18 if you have few elixirs.

Also, sword fight with Ares in GOW 1.

Back