The new MacBook Retina

Checksum

Skilled
_DSC0283.jpg

After a lot of consideration and waiting, its finally here! Introducing the new MacBook Pro Retina :) This is the base model with 2.3 GHz CPU / 8 GB RAM / 256 GB SSD. Paid SGD 2728 or ~1.2L INR after the education discount.

The display is absolutely gorgeous, but this is overall, one of the fastest laptops as well. I cannot believe how much of a difference a good SSD makes to the computing experience. I've only been using it for a couple of hours, and already feel glad that I purchased it. It is expensive, no doubt, but is definitely worth the money. Everything from the build quality to the finished product is exquisite. Being a Mac user for 4 years, this is one thing that I wasn't able to see in any other offering and I wasn't ready to compromise on it as well.

Now for the accessory shopping - a good quality sleeve, an external HDD and the Apple care protection plan (which is quite expensive at SGD 488!). Will be writing a short review this weekend. Stay tuned!

P.S: Some low quality pics here

Attachments

• bAx1g.jpg
    bAx1g.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 153
For the apple care dont get it from Apple care store... Its way overprized ... I recently updated mine from a seller on HWzone and paid SGD 225 for a apple care which is like 348 in apple stores...

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/g...ook-air-mac-pro-mac-mini-imac-2820816-62.html

I got digital apple care... So no box or anything... However you can get the box if you want it for 20 percent extra. But who needs it when you can verify your apple care status online... I also had to recently use my apple care as my mobo needed replacement... Did it at Funan

Oh yeah almost forgot.... Congrats :D

Many congrats!

PS: You SGP folks should do a TE meet sometime. There're plenty of members there ATM. Hell, our cheif admin is in Sgp right now! :D

Many congrats!

PS: You SGP folks should do a TE meet sometime. There're plenty of members there ATM. Hell, our cheif admin is in Sgp right now! :D

Yeah we can have a SG meet.... I had a brief 'Hi' in a MRT station with Saiyan

Back