The Official 'James Bond: Blood Stone' Thread! [PS3] [X360] [PC]

Ethan_Hunt said:
QoS could be termed as a Call of Duty version of Bond. After all, Treyarch was the developer, so they went all out with the COD style FPS run and gun. Besides, QoS was based on the movie, which itself was a joke.
Yes this statement of yours looks familiar.:D yep people are telling that only treyarch made it cod type.
But still many says that was better.
Anyways why i am a bit interested in this one because
1.Have heard the locations changes
2.Tps
3.some nice splinter cell conviction moves.:D

OK! So the Siberian level turned out to be quite action packed and the chase sequence was quite challenging & fun. It was like playing a level straight out of Split/Second. :p

I'm currently in the Bangkok level and just 1 more level to go after this and THE END.

no way you can compare the graphics of SC conviction with JB bloodstone .Conviction had a kind of contrast among colours further more the Detailing adn texturing on character models were brilliant in SC

whereas in blood stone the Character models and their animations Were Good But Facial Animations and Model Texture were Rather Bland Some times there is a lot of In your face HDR or Bloom in the game The Rag doll physics and the take down animations were awesome and fun but graphicall especially the texture looks straight outta the PS2 Era even the lighting Effects were horrible in Blood Stone

SC: Conviction uses Unreal Engine 2.5 and Blood Stone uses in house game engine so you can't expect Bizarre Creations to come up something better than UE 2.5

ubergeek said:
no way you can compare the graphics of SC conviction with JB bloodstone .Conviction had a kind of contrast among colours further more the Detailing adn texturing on character models were brilliant in SC

whereas in blood stone the Character models and their animations Were Good But Facial Animations and Model Texture were Rather Bland Some times there is a lot of In your face HDR or Bloom in the game The Rag doll physics and the take down animations were awesome and fun but graphicall especially the texture looks straight outta the PS2 Era even the lighting Effects were horrible in Blood Stone

If you have reached the Burma level, then you'll know how vivid this game is with it's colours. The ground reflection detail in the Monaco level was very crisp. Also check the very first part of the Bangkok level where you are in an aquarium. Calling these detailing a PS2 level one, demands an eye check up (no offence). The in-game graphics are excellent IMO, but the cut-scenes were really jaded.

Completed the game a few minutes back. Except for the Siberia level, I didn't find any of the levels much interesting. Turned out to be a very short affair. The ending hinted a sequel. Hope they approach it with a bit more creativity the next time.

Ethan_Hunt said:
If you have reached the Burma level, then you'll know how vivid this game is with it's colours. The ground reflection detail in the Monaco level was very crisp. Also check the very first part of the Bangkok level where you are in an aquarium. Calling these detailing a PS2 level one, demands an eye check up (no offence). The in-game graphics are excellent IMO, but the cut-scenes were really jaded.

Completed the game a few minutes back. Except for the Siberia level, I didn't find any of the levels much interesting. Turned out to be a very short affair. The ending hinted a sequel. Hope they approach it with a bit more creativity the next time.
you see iam only talking about the charachter models and the overall color palette of the game iam not talking about the environments but they were average at best the ingame physics and Sound were good but overalll graphically the game is very BLAND it doesnt have the crispness of SC conviction but the game was fun purely due to the cool take downs pretty solid cover and shooting and car chases the physics in those were good but Graphically the game is BLAND.

Read my post before you reply :p

I did read your post and I'll quote this statement of yours, explain to me what exactly did you mean (bold part specifically):

"Character models and their animations Were Good But Facial Animations and Model Texture were Rather Bland."

Since your post did not have any punctuation marks at all, I assumed the bold part were supposed to be 2 different aspects that you were focussing on viz facial animation model and textures. If you meant only the facial animations, then they were pretty much average within the game.

Do I see an Aston Martin DBS there? That's some slick modelling if that was from an in-game screenshot! :D

IMO, The vehicle sequences are the worst part of this game. The controls are overly sensitive and the vehicle is hard to control with both Keyboard and 360 Controller, but overall the game is pretty low in terms of difficulty. You can complete 3/4 of the game without ever using your gun (except for the mandatory parts like the initial boat sequence)

Just finished the game. Overall a pretty good game, and one of the few i have played in the recent past with a decent gameplay length. Graphics are good, at least much better than other Activision movie games, and he overall gameplay is neat. The game is more or less very easy, i finished the game on the Hard Difficulty without having any trouble. Of course could have been a lot better, but that's true for almost every game :p

There is certain amount of espionage involved, but it's very limited and dull. I wouldn't call this an entirely spy-filled game, like Everything or Nothing. Hacking safes, cameras, locked doors is a silly timed button press method, with virtually no skill involved. You can go stealthily and get stealth kills or go guns blazing and wipe everyone off.

The game doesn't even have a decent stealth mechanic to be any where close to an espionage game. The game has Bare handed take downs, stealth bare handed take downs and a silenced pistol. But you know what, in most cases, you can run around like a mad maniac and take down enemies with bare hands. There is never much difference between using stealth take downs, using a silenced weapon, using a regular weapon or running around letting your fists do all the talking. So there is not much point.

Lord Nemesis said:
The game doesn't even have a decent stealth mechanic to be any where close to an espionage game. The game has Bare handed take downs, stealth bare handed take downs and a silenced pistol. But you know what, in most cases, you can run around like a mad maniac and take down enemies with bare hands. There is never much difference between using stealth take downs, using a silenced weapon, using a regular weapon or running around letting your fists do all the talking. So there is not much point.

Exactly. It's like trying to mimic Jason Bourne. Heck, The Bourne Conspiracy was way better than this game.

Quick question. Is it a short game? I might probably be done with Spiderman: SD tonight so might take this up for tomorrow else I can take up Siren: Blood Curse.

Desecrator said:
Quick question. Is it a short game? I might probably be done with Spiderman: SD tonight so might take this up for tomorrow else I can take up Siren: Blood Curse.

Yesh! It's very short. I completed it in 2 sittings, 2 hours each.

Ekshellent! Then the weekend is just perfect. I can have time for some other stuff as well (read bonfire + Jack Daniels + friends).

Thanks Allwyn. :)

While you're at it, don't forget to get The Bourne Conspiracy for the PS3. I almost forgot to recommend it. If you're a fan of the movie franchise, then you'll love the game.

Back