Skilled
[mod] Stop Hotlinking Images, use free image hosts[/mod]

Official Web Page: LINK

Developer: Criterion Studios

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Genre: Racing

Release date: US 16-Nov-2010 / UK 19-Nov-2010

Description:

[*]Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is being developed by Criterion Games, the developers behind the critically-acclaimed Burnout racing series. These renowned innovators are redefining action racing by delivering an experience that connects players through intense competition whether playing online together or taking on friends' challenges.

At the heart of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is a suite of connected features called Need for Speed Autolog that enables players to connect, compare and compete with their friends effortlessly. Exotic cars on the open road, the rush of the escape, the thrill of the takedown - this is Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

Features:

[*]Career - For the first time in Need for Speed history, players will experience the gripping and heart-racing action of both cops and racers. Hot Pursuit seamlessly links a tremendously deep and fully-defined single player career with a groundbreaking multiplayer experience across all race modes. In the end, whether playing online with friends, taking on friends challenges or the single player career, players will earn bounty that levels them up and unlocks new cars, weapons and equipment.

[*]Need For Speed Autolog - In Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, your friends drive your gameplay experience. Need for Speed Autolog is a revolutionary system that connects friends directly to each other's games, enabling them to compare and share all their experiences, pictures and challenges. Need for Speed Autolog instinctively delivers challenges based on what your friends have been doing, creating a hugely dynamic, socially competitive experience.

[*]Weapons and Equipment - Enhance the intensity of the pursuit using multiple weapons as the heat level increases during a pursuit. Whether taking down suspects with a variety of cop weapons or using evasion equipment as a racer to outsmart the cops, players will always have a method for gaining an edge over their opponent.

[*]Cars - In Hot Pursuit, the cars go from hot to hotter. Experience the thrill of driving the world's most desirable high performance cars at incredible speeds. Feel the power of busting suspects in supercharged cop interceptors like the Lamborghini Reventon or outsmarting the law as a racer in high performance supercars like the Pagani Zonda Cinque.

[*]Seacrest County - Explore a world as diverse as the California coastline with desert, forest, seaside and mountainous regions. The open world of Seacrest County is designed to create the most intense pursuit experiences ever found in a racing game.

Just got off from trying 360 demo and it was super short for a 1.5GB sized demo. I have mixed feelings from what I played. Graphics are pretty good, but sometimes looks arcade-ish. Demo featured just one playable race where you play the cop and we head out into a Hot Pursuit. You get 2 cars to choose from; Ford Victoria Crown and Nissan 370Z, both of which are extremely lame in terms of handling. But then again, they are cop cars and it's a demo, so we'll just move on.

The controls are simple. You boost with 'A' and Handbrake with 'X'. You'll have 4 "weapons" if you get a cop car to take out your opponents; EMP, Helicopter support, Spikes & Road Block. You don't get EMP and Chopper support in the demo. So Spikes and Road Block are you're 2 choice of weapons, 3 in quantity.

In the actual chase, you'll have to smash your opponents car to put them out of commission. You can see a car damage meter on the top of your opponents vehicle. This let's you keep a tab of how much beating it can take, before it goes down. The CB voice-overs are repetitive and average. NFS: Most Wanted topped in the voice-over part. The music was rubbish.

Overall, I'd say the full game may have more potential, as opposed to this sub-par demo. I'm interested in watching the day time environment as seen in the E3 demo. With the elite cars kicking in, I thinking it should be a good ride.

^^ I second that. Awesome trailer.
Just waiting eagerly for the game to be released. Then will have to figure out sourcing it to India.
By the way, when is it releasing in India?

Can't say for sure, since it's only the demo. But it's Criterion games, so I'm sure they have some neat tricks up their sleeve to make it interesting.

first thing i'll do is takedown a copcar then the car thats leading th race ....die every one !!

EDIT the pic clearly shows the cop is takingdown the race car...( damn too much burnout ....i hope its different ...will i trust criterion on that)

Whether or not it matches Most Wanted will remain to be seen, but the trailers look friggin' brilliant... although watching Bugatti cop car dashing the perp's car was funny as hell... that cop must be stinking rich to be doing that to Veyron. :p

And judging by the Special Edition trailer, one thing is for sure.... the crashes and rollings are going to be LEGEN... wait for it.... DARY. A Criterion/Burnout trademark. :hap2:

Graphics wise if it is even going to look 80% of what it was in trailers, sign me up. I think on PC it would look better compared to consoles thanks to the additional tweaks we can do for adjusting the graphics. I hated every NFS game after MW.... Carbon, Undercover had such an atrocious and un-inspired graphic that it felt like EA sacked all the talent that worked on previous NFS games (Porsche Unleashed, Underground or specifically Underground 2 and Most Wanted). I hope Criterion breaks that bad streak (I LOVE BURNOUT PARADISE). This is going to be a nice title to look forward to... :)

Ahh. That's burnin' hot.. I'm gonna play this.. I'm sure, this will be the only best title after MW.. Remember how good MW was :D I still miss those days, when I used to play MW all the day in home (school vacations :bleh:)

This is the first time in ages that an NFS game has caught my interest. IMO Porsche Unleashed was the best NFS game, while Underground was the last decent game they made. I didn't like MW either.

The trailer looks great. The graphics are awesome. A couple of those scenes reminded me of NFS Highstakes, which I had played for countless hours on my PS1. :D

Back