The Panasonic AC Service fiasco

Mann

Adept
Hi guys,
On Tuesday I had booked a general service for my Panasonic 1.5ton inverter AC.
The call was made to 18001081333, for which I recieved an sms(attached below). On Wednesday Mr.Haseen(091313 99471) called and asked for the address say that an AC service call was logged. I was out for work so the help in the house arranged everything. He called me again saying that there is a gas leak and a top up is required, to which I agreed. After that he charged Rs.800 for the service and Rs 1200 for the gas top-up. When I arrived the AC had a blinking red light showing and would not turn on. I called him again and in his sheepish tone said I'll come again tomorrow and fix it. After repeated calls he did arrive with another guy for help yesterday. After investing 2hrs, he said the outside pcb needs repair and that I will have to pay the charges. I told him he has to fix it as the ac was fine before, to which he replied I'll come again tomorrow(i.e. today) and fix it. Today he has blocked my number. I called Panasonic toll free number and the provided me the contact details of the nearest service personnel (Arya enterprise 9893506736) who connected me to Mr.Vivek (09893519059) over conference. Now Mr.Vivek wants me to pay Rs.590/- for a service visit for his man to confirm the fault. He says what ever happened was not by the book and a FIR has to be logged. I told him the toll free number said the needful has to be done by you , but he refused and said kindly take it to social media.
I am making this thread looking for help.
Post in thread 'Married peeps, where have you set up your battlestation?' https://techenclave.com/threads/mar...set-up-your-battlestation.200591/post-2299237
Suggested that I should.
All views, inputs and help welcome.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-27-16-21-40-81_0ce57feeccaa51fb7deed04b4dbda235.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-27-16-21-40-81_0ce57feeccaa51fb7deed04b4dbda235.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Didn't you tell vivek that the call to hasneen was made through Panasonic customer care number and that you did what hasneen asked you to do.
Since yours is OOW, they will send a technician to check the damage which will cost you a fee(seems right from vivek). After that they will give you a quotation for the damages to which you can agree/disagree.
Seems like a fraud from hasneen. You need to take this issue with Panasonic team and on social media.
And why is washing machine guy repairing your ac?

I don't know how the washing machine mixup. That's what I have been wondering. But that's what the SMS said.
And yes that's what I told Vivek. What I'm wondering is what kind of a fraud is this? Vivek says there is no record of you calling Panasonic.
Have they deleted it?

Also, what does the receipt that he gave you says. How come this guy isn't from the same agency as the one you are talking now to?

There was no receipt provided.
Vevek tells me that Panasonic charges Rs.590 and not 800 which I payed to Haseen. Look this could have been so dangerous. If you are letting an unauthorised personal into your house

You have fallen to victim of classic AC service fraud.

First of all AC gas pressure don't get easily dropped and even if pressure is low, dont let them top up. Ask them to find leakage first.

Without some kind of leakage gas pressure dont get reduced, in your case they fool you as you were not at home saying nonsense.

If you have time write mail to higher up in Panasonic India, mainly like MD, ceo guy.

Hi guys,
On Tuesday I had booked a general service for my Panasonic 1.5ton inverter AC.
The call was made to 18001081333, for which I recieved an sms(attached below). On Wednesday Mr.Haseen(091313 99471) called and asked for the address say that an AC service call was logged. I was out for work so the help in the house arranged everything. He called me again saying that there is a gas leak and a top up is required, to which I agreed. After that he charged Rs.800 for the service and Rs 1200 for the gas top-up. When I arrived the AC had a blinking red light showing and would not turn on. I called him again and in his sheepish tone said I'll come again tomorrow and fix it. After repeated calls he did arrive with another guy for help yesterday. After investing 2hrs, he said the outside pcb needs repair and that I will have to pay the charges. I told him he has to fix it as the ac was fine before, to which he replied I'll come again tomorrow(i.e. today) and fix it. Today he has blocked my number. I called Panasonic toll free number and the provided me the contact details of the nearest service personnel (Arya enterprise 9893506736) who connected me to Mr.Vivek (09893519059) over conference. Now Mr.Vivek wants me to pay Rs.590/- for a service visit for his man to confirm the fault. He says what ever happened was not by the book and a FIR has to be logged. I told him the toll free number said the needful has to be done by you , but he refused and said kindly take it to social media.
I am making this thread looking for help.
Post in thread 'Married peeps, where have you set up your battlestation?' https://techenclave.com/threads/mar...set-up-your-battlestation.200591/post-2299237
Suggested that I should.
All views, inputs and help welcome.
Happiness code being "1234" seems fishy to me, or it's an awful coincidence for the rng. It is possible that the SMS is not from LG service themselves, but then again I'm not sure if there's a way to find out if you called their toll free number and then for someone to send an sms having learnt that.
Also it may be better to title this thread to LG "Service" fiasco rather than AC, since I think that's the highlight here.

Happiness code being "1234" seems fishy to me, or it's an awful coincidence for the rng. It is possible that the SMS is not from LG service themselves, but then again I'm not sure if there's a way to find out if you called their toll free number and then for someone to send an sms having learnt that.
Also it may be better to title this thread to LG "Service" fiasco rather than AC, since I think that's the highlight here.
Panasonic

But are the call center guys doing this?
Seems to be happening on a big level. Because Vivek from his hard tone and saying let's file a fir suddenly started acting innocent

Probably someone from Panasonic can shed some light on the subject.
I'm not on social media. What can be done about this?

One thing I would like to highlight that besides the service charge fraud. People from Panasonic maintenance say there is no record in their system of my call, or of such a service happening. So by magic a service personnel called me and knew my problem, and acted ond it and charged me more than the official fee and screwed my ac.
A person who doesn't exist as far as Panasonic is concerned.

One thing I would like to highlight that besides the service charge fraud. People from Panasonic maintenance say there is no record in their system of my call, or of such a service happening. So by magic a service personnel called me and knew my problem, and acted ond it and charged me more than the official fee and screwed my ac.
Ask them about the SMS. I feel like they are trying to wash their hands off this case. Someone else, who is not an authorized service guy, receiving your details and even coming to your house to carry out the work, is even a bigger issue than the mismanagement of the service. Grill them on this aspect and write a strongly worded letter to higher authorities at Panasonic cautioning them of a legal action if needed. I have auto-call recording on for my phone and I save all my calls to service departments.

There was no receipt provided.
Always make it a point to get a receipt if you are paying him. Btw this guy who visited, did he ask for the happiness code or not? Because they usually do, at least from my experience with LG, it's important to them. And as CoolPlayer said the happiness code is a bit fishy, I get a 5-digit code (from LG though). Maybe someone else with Panasonic service experience can chime in.

There are many such fake call center rackets running from slums and fishy areas. Few which got exposed came in newspapers a month ago I guess...
You should had dialed the no. mentioned in AC purchase receipt or Manual or took time to visit their India website.

Gas leak and top-up is an easy money for such peeps!

Do not delay and instantly launch an FIR against that guy and the hotline and also alert the cops about such suspected rackets!

Shout on twitter and shoot emails to India head..us words like exp. tarnishing brand image and unexpected shock from a global reputed brands etc.

If you wish better to approach media.

Last edited:
The happiness code is 1234 as mentioned in sms screenshot.
Seems like you will have to file an FIR against Panasonic. From where did you get the number (1800...)?
The 1800 number he called to, is correct. It is given on Panasonic's website as well.
@Mann - Have you tried emailing higher level employees yet. This is the email mentioned on their website for escalation - Service.head@in.panasonic.com

Back