The Photography Thread !

The first one is better.. The second one somehow feels like a partially loaded pic. First one also gives a better sense of distance.

BF1983 said:
Wow ! Some really awesome pics Touzeen, ANP!, d_payne, pawsingh and others. I havent posted here for a long time, so I heres one from my recent trip to kashmir. Do let me know which crop is better.
I would prefer a crop in between those two. :) Just follow the Rule of Thirds.

wonderful pix guys :)

Ana sagar Lake View -Ajmer

3668705733_83dddbc3e2_b.jpg

Title :Hands of God

3661206865_ac15651ca0_b.jpg

Title :Mind surrounded with clouds

3650656820_62e1b53aaf_b.jpg

Title :
Orange Squash Sunset -Almora

Story behind this picture :

Well ,I had to squeeze between the two parked cars. Since, there was no place to take a picture and I was trying to avoid market side banners ,buildings ..hehe

3681045829_34991eee96.jpg

Location of the picture :Gandhi Kuti -Tarikhet

3677572742_aa29ab113a.jpg

@pawsingh: I love the milestone shot. Great saturation and color.

@Stuge: Only the last shot stands out. :)

@BF1983: Nothing exception about either, if you ask me. But the rule of thirds would help improve the shot...but nothing really stands out. IMO.

Here's one which I posted in the other thread.

Paradise Lost
3689182899_1e0616fb60_b.jpg

Shot on the road to Anantnag from Srinagar in the Valley of Kashmir.

To me, this single picture captures almost everything that I experienced in my week long stay at my aunt's place in Kashmir in the summer of 2007. The war, the strife, the beauty, the peace, the color, the many layers of scenery that Kashmir provides and finally the ease with which the vibrance of life co-exists with the almost unnerving possibility of death in this valley. And how it is an everyday affair for the many many Kashmiris out there.

Cheers!
Payne

@stuge - Loved the last one.

@pawsingh - First one looks great !

@dpayne - That photo is awesome as it tells a story. This was with your H2 right ?

Here are 2 more from the same trip -

Back