The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

@djmykey like Vikid said, I think he realized the service center guys are morons but yeah i agree that he would have been in a soup if it didn't work after he took it back cuz the service center guys would have washed their hands off of any responsibility..

Query:
How to know if the phone is fully charged, when its charging in Phone-ON mode

Reason i ask this becuase, the small green battery indicator shows full, but when i turn off the mobile and charge, the bar is only half full and keeps charging

secondly, Is there any difference in charging time, when done in OFF and ON mode

@ ViKiD (and others who have followe DIY route)

I am planning of updating to 2.1 on weekend.
Can you please give details of Firmware Version, Software you used (any link if possible)
Also, some thumb rules to follow (if any) to avoid brick...

Also, if I want to move back to 1.5, I assume that firmware will also be available and the process would be same. Right? (asking this coz the cell belongs to a friend..and if he is not happy with 2.1, I will have to get it back to 1.5 before handing it over to him)

@madnav - arent u being a little greedy :p

@Spectre - I always wait till is says 'Battery Fully Charged'. I think the charging times are almost same for OFF/ON modes.

AbhijithS said:
@Spectre - I always wait till is says 'Battery Fully Charged'. I think the charging times are almost same for OFF/ON modes.

Does it say - Battery fully charged on Phone-ON mode, i have never observed it.
I have seen that on OFF mode though

^^ yes it does...while charging, if the screen is off, press the lock button once the screen will comeup... you can see your network operator/time & date & below that, it will say either Battery Charging or Battery fully charged.

Hi..

I just got my Spica got upgraded to Eclair (Ver. 2.1) from Samsung Service center here in Jalgaon (India). It took just 1 hr for the same.

Yipeee I got my Spica back today with 2.1 Eclair loaded. Samsung ppl flashed it somehow without me losing the pics that were taken :S This is somehow weird. Anyhow the phone is awesome again and Im gonna try putting contacts onto my phone now.. answering the phone without knowing who it is, is a little scary :p

hey guys any one tried installing the live wallpapers after the 2.1 update.

I tried and successfully installed the Earth Live Wallpaper but im not geting the shortcut of it on the home screen:huh:

got me a spica today...

came with i570EDDJC5 Baseband version.

which one are you guys using? which one is the suggested stable and bug free one?

Get rid of the Indian firmware and use some EU one...theya re much better...

Im on I570EXXJCF with the LKmod 2.02 + Samdroid mod +JIT 4.5.1

@ ViKiD

I am gonna flash it with I570EXXJCF.

Any last min suggestions?

Just have to follow the steps - using Odin..like for example - as mentioned on Sameer's blog...right??

yep...1 make sure you restart your system after : (before starting odin make sure KIES/NPS is not running through the task manager)

1> Installing NPS/KIES

2> Just after the drivers are installed when you connect the phone in download mode for teh first time.

And if you face problems :

1> Select Debug only in Odin and also check PDA format... wait for about 30 seconds...if nothing happens, Close Odin disconnect phone , remove battery , reinsert, and again connect after getting into download mode...

2> if it gets stuck at setup connection ... restart system and again put phone into download mode ..after reinserting the battery.

Remember to restart after every driver installation.

MOST IMPORTANT OF THEM ALL : Use the new OPS file - spica_jc3.ops

Back