The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

I could not get it updated or get it back from them.. They were saying that aur 2 din do aur 2 din do... I was like WTF.. I said today I'm going outta station and I need the phone very much, this is when they agreed to give it back to me. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, it's not updated yet. I'm gonna screw them royally once I get my phone back...

RVK2488 said:
Hi,

can any1 tell me, where in pune can i get it updated to 2.1?

and approx. how much time will it take? whole day / few hours..?

thanks

The actual process wouldn't take more that 5 minutes :eek:hyeah:

Can anyone confirm if these bugs are common with your phone too or is it just me

* Sometimes phone wouldn't wake up from sleep mode, i.e there is no response after pressing the unlock button, screen remains off. It wouldn't respond. All I do is remove the battery and restart the phone.

* After doing this, I get a sign-in error for my google account and most of the app logins are cleared, like twitter app for example.

* While charging via USB using any USB charger(iPod usb Charger in this case), touch response would go haywire, like when I touch bottom lock unlock circle, top one lights up and henceforth. If I disconnect the cable, it works fine and again when I reconnect and try, the same thing happens. This is only while charging via USB charger, it works normally if I use bundled charger or charging via PC.

Am I the only one facing these issues??

BTW I'm on 2.1 with Samdroid MOD v1.01 installed

instead of giving it to them why dont you guys do it on your own??

They are are also doing it through Odin ...and the same firmware is available on Samsung-firmwares

@shriharsa

Im also on the samdroid mod...but haven't faced any issues till now...have been using it for the past 2 weeks...

ViKiD said:
instead of giving it to them why dont you guys do it on your own??

They are are also doing it through Odin ...and the same firmware is available on Samsung-firmwares

@shriharsa

Im also on the samdroid mod...but haven't faced any issues till now...have been using it for the past 2 weeks...

This no response in sleep mode happened in Cupcake too, but not too often like now.

Well i havent exactly tried 1.5 on the Spica for more than 2-3 mins...

I bought the phone and bricked it :p ...and the it was all Android 2.1 goodness...

Haven't faced any issue till now...not even any FC's very frequently... they just pop up like once or twice a week...that too because of JIT ...

@ sriharsha_m

I know, it wont take more than 5 min...but I have heard it is taking Samsung Service Center people hours..or even days to return the phone..thats why I asked..see the case of djmykey

@ ViKiD

I am not trying it myself coz its not my phone..a friend has given it to me for a few weeks to check it out

So I dont wanna take risk..if you think its perfectly harmless to follow DIY route..then please let me knw..I am always up for it

Well i dont even remember now, how many times i have flashed my phone ....

All you need to do is Install the drivers properly on a 32 Bit system (preferably Windows Xp 32bit)

And everything will be smooth... :)

RVK2488 said:
@ sriharsha_m

I know, it wont take more than 5 min...but I have heard it is taking Samsung Service Center people hours..or even days to return the phone..thats why I asked..see the case of djmykey

@ ViKiD

I am not trying it myself coz its not my phone..a friend has given it to me for a few weeks to check it out

So I dont wanna take risk..if you think its perfectly harmless to follow DIY route..then please let me knw..I am always up for it

It sure is not that complex and chances of you bricking the phone is almost zero. Even I've flashed mine numerous times and I've flashed almost 5-6 Spica's of friends, not a single one gave any problem, Its quite easy too provided you install the drivers correctly in download mode, I think you can go ahead and flash it at home.

^ I would really be interested in the links to successfully flash my phone... whichever you guys looked up when you flashed your phone for the first time.

The flashing by odin is fine as long as you are gonna flash the same firmware again. I had a problem when i flashed from JD1 -> JD4 . The flashing completed successfully , but the phone was getting stuck at the boot logo and then would give me a exclamation , triangle sort of logo. So i reflashed the phone again with debug mode checked and format pda option checked and without using the PDA .tar file. Then after that was sone i flashed again normally using all the files... and the phone booted. Phew !! potential brick avoided :)

has anyone here tried RMAPS??
awesome application
can convert many maps, google, yahoo,microsoft,yandex to work on the android offline
can even convert google earth maps :cool:

raymasky said:
The flashing by odin is fine as long as you are gonna flash the same firmware again. I had a problem when i flashed from JD1 -> JD4 . The flashing completed successfully , but the phone was getting stuck at the boot logo and then would give me a exclamation , triangle sort of logo. So i reflashed the phone again with debug mode checked and format pda option checked and without using the PDA .tar file. Then after that was sone i flashed again normally using all the files... and the phone booted. Phew !! potential brick avoided :)

Check debug only and select PDA format ...

Not let it be for like 20-30 seconds...close Odin > reinsert Battery > Again go into download mode and flash .... (without the debug only option)

Today went to Samsung Service center asked to return the phone... the guy got it out... and put in the battery asked me to insert the SIM and after that no power... :O
It seemed to be bricked !!!! They tried charging it for sometime and still it did not power up... Now I'm tired.. to the point that I may sell this off and get another phone preferably an HTC which has an OTA f/w upgrade option..

Sent a mail to Samsung... but given we live in India I'm not at all sure that I am gonna get any help there... let's see waiting patiently for a response.
And BTW if ur guessing, yes the phone is still at the service center.

@djmykey another guy on another forum i visit had the same issue as yours. the samsung guys bricked his phone while doing the update.. he got it back from them and then did the update himself and it worked again.. might be worth trying..

shantanugoel said:
@djmykey another guy on another forum i visit had the same issue as yours. the samsung guys bricked his phone while doing the update.. he got it back from them and then did the update himself and it worked again.. might be worth trying..

I called them up again and they said that the Samsung rep from that center has taken the phone to some main service center. Lets see what happens.

@shantanugoel: Just outta curiosity, why did that guy accept a bricked phone ??

Back