The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

sujithbvm said:
And guys one more doubt i didnt get the 2 extra battery covers...?

He opened a sealed pack box but it was not mentioned on the box that it contained the 2 extra covers...

I don't think it comes with 2 extra covers. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I dint get any extra covers in my mobile package.

@sunilr

I got it for 12550 by cash:eek:hyeah:....the seller was tellin 13k by card..:mad:

some 2% bank charges,,finally found a ATM nearby and paid the cash....

And its better if u guys hurry bcoz the i5700 is in full demand

@djmykey

Actually in youtube i saw a video in which they showed the complete unboxing of the spica and in that box i saw that 2 covers were bundled inside...

May b it is not for india...

And one more thing i remember some1 mentioning in the thread that the shopkeeper sticks a barcode sticker on the original bill where the barcode sticker is present inside the box,,,,,i dint find ne barcode sticker,,,Can neone throw light on this

sujithbvm said:
@sunilr

I got it for 12550 by cash:eek:hyeah:....the seller was tellin 13k by card..:mad:
some 2% bank charges,,finally found a ATM nearby and paid the cash....
And its better if u guys hurry bcoz the i5700 is in full demand
@djmykey

Actually in youtube i saw a video in which they showed the complete unboxing of the spica and in that box i saw that 2 covers were bundled inside...

May b it is not for india...

And one more thing i remember some1 mentioning in the thread that the shopkeeper sticks a barcode sticker on the original bill where the barcode sticker is present inside the box,,,,,i dint find ne barcode sticker,,,Can neone throw light on this

the sticker is present ON the box.. where all model info etc is mentioned..
basically the barcode is removable from that box which is to be placed on the bill..just incase if you loose the box that is..
otherwise just teh mention of serial number on the bill for both cell phone, batter and any other accessory with serial number shall be just fine.

Bugger Samsung Service Center people... I dropped the phone off at Friday and its still not done :mad: If they don't update it tomorrow I'm gonna get the phone back by evening. I don't care if they cannot flash it, I want my phone back.

Guys,

Is there any good anti-theft android apps available which is free.
something like Samsung Mobile Tracker 2.0. I dont understand why they have not included it in this phone.

also, what is the average grps browsing speed you get on your spicas. i am getting mine enabled soon :)

Now those idiots are saying that "Wo software mein connect nahi ho raha hain..." I asked them to give the phone back and that I will use it as it is, the guy started saying "nahi sir ho jayega 2 din mein." Well I could not say anything else. My simple advice to Pune ppl... dont give it to the Pimpri Service Centre :mad:

Guys please help me out,

I have a Laptop in which the internet is present and now i want to share the same internet on my spica using wifi connection but as soon as i turn on the Wifi on the laptop, my phone is not detecting the wifi network of the lappy.

Please ne one could help me out please...:huh:

sujithbvm said:
Guys please help me out,

I have a Laptop in which the internet is present and now i want to share the same internet on my spica using wifi connection but as soon as i turn on the Wifi on the laptop, my phone is not detecting the wifi network of the lappy.

your laptop tries to connect to a wifi router or access point. It doesn't act like one. (though heard about some tools that can let it share internet to phone) you need a wifi router.

sujithbvm said:
Guys please help me out,

you will need to create something known as "ad-hoc" connection between the phone and your laptop.. you can google for more info with that term on how to do that..

Can Blue tooth connection between the lappy and phone help me in this by syncing the phone with lappy,,,,even i read about the ad hoc connection thing but not able to understand how to do,,,

If any one already doing this then please help me out on how to achieve it....

ViKiD said:
Try wavesecure...

Vikid - was it a response to my query on anti-theft software

I have tried that, its not a freeware, just a trial for 7 days. its costly as well @ 20$ per year :(

Any other free alternative available :)

Trust for all that it offers ...its worth at least 50$'s a year...have tried and tested every feature...

And it works flawlessly...

Seriously 20$'s is totally worth it...(Also i guess the current $ rate is about 45 so will be 100 bucks cheaper..)

Back