The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

vulpine said:
You need to subscribe to Vodafone mobile connect (VMC)(which is so astronomically priced) to access internet on your phone see here for more details.

After subscribing:
you automatically see the access points when you insert vodafone sim. Select the APN that has 'www' .

Nah, VMC is astronomically priced but you don't need that for basic web access.

Here are my APN Settings:

Name: Vodafone
APN: portalnmms
Proxy: 10.10.1.100
port: 9401

rest all is default/unchanged.

Try it out. It will work without any issues. :)

sorry, but i dont understand
I havent yet connected my phone to internet even once, so it cant sync with gmail
all i have is sim contacts, which were imported to phone

raymasky said:
This is happening because you have the option to sync "ALL" your google contacts turned on !! go to the sync settings in the phonebook and only check the contacts you wish to sync. Then go to google.com/contacts on the web and click on "find duplicates" and merge them into single contacts. hope this helps.

Hey guys can u tell me whether the camera quality has improved after the update to 2.1 ?

Like have they added any image quality settings in the 2.1 update for the camera,,,?

Spectre said:
sorry, but i dont understand
I havent yet connected my phone to internet even once, so it cant sync with gmail
all i have is sim contacts, which were imported to phone

In contacts press menu and there is an option to display group.Please post what all options do you see there

Metalspree said:
In contacts press menu and there is an option to display group.Please post what all options do you see there

Under groups:
All contacts
Contacts with phone numbers
My contacts
- selected

Select contacts with phone nos and see what happens.If still not happening delete all contacts from phone ( NOT SIM CARD),the better way is reset you phone to factory settings,then go to contacts and select import contacts ( here you can see only sim contacts) and import all contacts to your phone.
If the process is confusing,somehow get access to market ,download app called as Contacts2sim( this app will allow you to copy contacts at one go from sim to phone and vice-versa)

Any disadvantage if i buy the handset with v1.5 preinstalled and then upgrade it via samsung service center compared to handsets with v2.1 preinstalled?

Saravana stores(chennai) has the handset for 11.5k (1.5 cupcake version) while univercell will retail the v2.1 for 12.5k.

Your thoughts on which one i should go for?

I've made up my mind to buy via Saravana stores. The only question pending is..the difference between preinstalled 2.1 vs upgrade via service center...

I'm not blessed with patience.. i dont want to wait for too long :p

Hey guys i no that the camera is not so good on the spica but in the 2.1 update they have said about some enhanced camera software,,

i jus wana no that is the camera now a bit ok compared to the one in 1.5 version..

Whoever is using a spica with a 2.1 please comment on this.....

im being drawn closer to purchase the spica...especially with exams approaching...(best time to sit at one place and explore the device :ashamed:)

so what is the best pricing on this at present?

i get quote of 12.2-12.5k here at Navi Mumbai for the same.. would have preferred ebay route but pricing is ridiculous on ebay as of now.

would buy within a week and will join this cult.. :p :)

sgx100 said:
Hi Ppl

Anyone here tried any of the mods....LkMod 2.5 or SamdroidMod 1.3
Was wondering if any one has prior experience

yeah i tried LkMod 2.5

some features i liked were
live wallpapers
vibrate on connect n disconnection of a call
tap features on screen
auto rotation of home screen
longer battery

but had some problems with loosing network ...but that just might be the place i am staying at...has pathetic connectivity

jus be sure to save your apn settings though
its a pain to loose them

I got my phone updated to 2.1 eclair finally after a lot of drama.Thanks to reds4ever for all the info he gave.There is quite a bit improvement in the phone and features.I do not have time to write all of them ,I am busy doing last minute shopping :).Will get back to NZ and post a detailed review here.

About the camera there is digital zoom added,iso settings and a few more settings.Battery back up is kind of increased

Back