The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

kippu said:
some heads up guys , this phone just survived a violent throw to a wall eight feet away and then hit the floor and end result ,, one minor scratch on the bottom of the screen on the scratch guard .... nothing else ...sweet!!
pyaar ke side effects:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

hey neat way to increase battery life - install app Quick Settings from here - Quick Settings - Android app on AppBrain

its a nice app with quick access to many settings.

coming to point, it allows to decrease brightness even further by 15 % than from original android setting menu....

has anyone got 2.1 updated in Samsung Center Delhi (feeling lazy to go to center...)

hey guys i bought a galaxy spica on 28th april

it had some problem and i gave it for RMA and i wil get a new box packed sealed on monday

i want to sell the box piece as i want to keep my touch pro2

anyone wants then contact me

will give it for 12k(bought it for 12.5k) and i will not open the seal

plz lemme know soon!!

ayaskant12 said:
hey guys i bought a galaxy spica on 28th april
it had some problem and i gave it for RMA and i wil get a new box packed sealed on monday

i want to sell the box piece as i want to keep my touch pro2

anyone wants then contact me
will give it for 12k(bought it for 12.5k) and i will not open the seal

plz lemme know soon!!

Create a thread in market people might be interested.Please follow market rules whiles posting a thread there :)

Metalspree said:
Good news 2.1 eclair update for India is out .Folks from Pune and Mumbai in a different forum have confirmed it .Looks like as of now Samsung is doing only from service as i was told by the samsung peep who called me.This is real good news but sad for me as i cannot get it done .I am leaving India pretty soon :( :( .Will try my level best to contact Samsung on Monday .If some one could post the same firmware here i will try doing the ahem way or else i have to wait until its out through the stupid NPS

Here is the link
Android 2.1 is out in India @Android Forums

I'm not able to get the phone to DOWNLOAD mode by pressing on “volume down + power button + camera“. The phone just powers on & does not get on to the mode. Should the phone must be connected to the PC when pressing the key combination? I installed NPS & disabled it from starting up for Drivers to be installed. In Another forum i found (by sameer P) driver without the installer... just the system/driver files. Pls advise.. Thanks in Advance

geeky_78 said:
I'm not able to get the phone to DOWNLOAD mode by pressing on “volume down + power button + camera“. The phone just powers on & does not get on to the mode. Should the phone must be connected to the PC when pressing the key combination? I installed NPS & disabled it from starting up for Drivers to be installed. In Another forum i found (by sameer P) driver without the installer... just the system/driver files. Pls advise.. Thanks in Advance

Disconnect the phone from the comp --to get into the download mode

Easiest way to install the drivers is from the CD which you get with the phone.
Check that you stop all processes using the particular USB port ie NPS etc from the task manager, while flashing

Metalspree said:
Create a thread in market people might be interested.Please follow market rules whiles posting a thread there :)

prob is i cannot follow the rules as i will get the phone nd box tomoro
if no one replies today then probably i will open it as i cant wait and then it wont fetch me a good deal

:(

Got the Spica today :D
yet to explore it,

What settings to use for ripping videos to be played on Spica
codec, resolution, bitrate, fps etc
I use Super

Congrats. No need to use super. Just drag and drop your video and see if it runs. Surprisingly, the Spica runs almost everything you throw at it ;-)

frankmehta said:
LOL. Samsung doesn't STILL have this phone listed on it's website, but look what digging deep fetched me ;-)

Support for GT-I5700 SAMSUNG

Dumb Samsung:mad:.Their highest selling android phone is not listed in their website.I had complained the same to Samsung India let me write another mail to them right away

Edit: I lost the leather cover provided by Samsung where can i get one ??

Edit2: The 2.1 update is officially out in India at all service centers ,got the confirmation from a Mumbai member from a different forum.

Damn i cant get it updated ,will have to wait till its out through NPS :( :( :(

Got the Spica yesterday. Did not explore at all :ashamed: coz I wanted to get the 2.1 f/w flashed onto it before I use it at all... Till then any pointers as to how can I migrate contacts, messages and calendar data from my Nokia 3120 Classic to my Spica ??

Some questions guys

1. no file/folder managed found, any options avbl
2. Video filenames not showing up, anyway to show that
3. setting a custom wallpaper from zedge, it comes with a box(crop), cant i set wallpaper of the whole pic as it is
4. how to install android apps
5. is there different profiles like on other phones (normal, silent, outdoor, driving etc)

Problem 1 and 2 : Go to android Market and search for "Linda File Manager"

That will be the file explorer you will need.

3. Keep in mind you have 3 home screens basically and you scroll left and right, thats why it forces you to use landscape wallpaper and hence it prompts you to crop it.

4. Download from android market or download apk files, move them you your memory card and then use linda file manager to navigate to them and install them ( simple click will prompt you to choose installer or linda to open apk file. Choose installer. )

5. You can put the phone to silent or vibrate using volume keys. There are few apps for what you want. I never felt the need to explore that option as only silent, silent vibrate and normal ring is fine for me.

geeky_78 said:

FYI-- Removing the battery for 2-3 mins & putting back on did the trick for me! Gotchas for tyro's like me....

Just upgraded to JD4 after following the Sammer's guide.. with whatever little time I get from work. I'm yet to notice sluggishness after install apps. Will do test in next few days

Has anyone rooted to phone with xxJD4?? I got hold of 'LeshaK' guide & i'm planning to follow it for rooting. Any thoughts suggestion...

I have some wallies how to use them on my spica.If i load them on to my memory card and then try to set it as wallpaper it asks me to crop .I do not want to do that.How do i apply the whole picture as wallpaper

@Metalspree : The image size needs to be 640 x 480, only then you can set the whole picture as the wallpaper.

I suggest you resize the images to 640 x 480 and try.

Yipeeee

Got a new handset frm samsung after I threatened to go to consumer forum

And guess wat guys its oficially preloaded with 2.1 jc5

Yahoo enjoying my new phone, won't sell it as of now

Back