The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

geeky_78 said:
You get a build that is supposedly tested in India & some bug fixing (hope) before they release it. Unless the case.. you r right about the fact that we may do it on our own
Does anyone know the Indian 2.1 update firmware number ? Samsung-firmwares.com doesnt have any info about the Indian Firmware.

Folks wait for some time the official update for Indian phones will be out.I got a call from higher authority of Samsung .I had a talk with him for about 30 minutes regarding the hands free issue .I spoke to him even about the 2.1 update,he told me that it will be out next month as they are testing the update.

He told that initially it will be out at samsung centers wherein we have to go and surrender our handset for less than a day at a later stage ( may be after 2 months) .The software will be available for download through samsung software

Edit:My phone is getting damn heated up while charging.I have kept it on my bed .Any one else facing this issue??

got new galaxy spica, phone getting heated up while charging, can't find digital compass, can't rotate qwerty keyboard to landscape mode, other than that phone is quite nice for me(new to smartphones)

raymasky said:
hey guys... new firmware i570EXXJD4 is out on www.samsung-firmwares.com . Flashing it already.. :)

I wanted to find out if i can directly upgrade from 1.5 cup cake stock firmware to this one? ANy specific upgrade path to be followed?

Any specific instruction to watch out for expect for new .ops file to be used?? Can you pls advice on the instruction that you followed to flash it?

Running JD4 for couple of days. Its good, but I didnt feel any difference from JD1.
If you are already on JD1 and not facing any problems, I dont see any need to upgrade to JD4.

sid_donnydarko said:
:hap2:

Can you install Raging Thunder 1 & 2 and let us know if it runs smoothly on JD4 please?

It does not, and it probably never will on Spica with limited RAM and weak processor. It might be 800Mhz chip, but its old A11. Dont expect miracles from it.

geeky_78 said:
I wanted to find out if i can directly upgrade from 1.5 cup cake stock firmware to this one? ANy specific upgrade path to be followed?

Any specific instruction to watch out for expect for new .ops file to be used?? Can you pls advice on the instruction that you followed to flash it?

Just follow the same guides posted everywhere. Nothing changes , except the need to use the new OPS file.

Shripad said:
Running JD4 for couple of days. Its good, but I didnt feel any difference from JD1.
If you are already on JD1 and not facing any problems, I dont see any need to upgrade to JD4.

It does not, and it probably never will on Spica with limited RAM and weak processor. It might be 800Mhz chip, but its old A11. Dont expect miracles from it.
Strange!

According to Samsung, the S3C6410 can churn out 4 million polygons/second and even the benchmarks @ GSMArena show that the processor can hold its own against the more expensive workhorses from HTC. Could it be poor OpenGL implementation that's holding back the Spica?

The same benches also revealed that the Spica underperformed in the memory tests. Castrated memory(SDRAM instead of DDR perhaps)?

:huh:

sorry guys,i went to buy the galaxy spica but spent more and got the HTC HD mini.what a phone.sense UI is freakin gorgeous,and the phone with its 384 mb ram is lightening fast.

Sahibosaurus said:
sorry guys,i went to buy the galaxy spica but spent more and got the HTC HD mini.what a phone.sense UI is freakin gorgeous,and the phone with its 384 mb ram is lightening fast.

:gun2: go away from this thread :p.What is with u and mini phones first n97 mini and now HD mini ??

OT:When are u leaving to NZ??

lol,i have to admit,im still gunna stay in this thread,i cant help but check it :p

hehe,i just like the mini concept,im not a fan of huge phones.seriously though,coming to this phone from n97 is like going from patna to wellington :D

for a personal thing im nt goin to nz right now,staying for another month,till around 25th of may.

Sahibosaurus said:
lol,i have to admit,im still gunna stay in this thread,i cant help but check it :p

hehe,i just like the mini concept,im not a fan of huge phones.seriously though,coming to this phone from n97 is like going from patna to wellington :D

for a personal thing im nt goin to nz right now,staying for another month,till around 25th of may.

:lol: anyways congrats on the phone.My last WinMo was some dumb lenovo phone hated it for the resistive screen,low RAM so never bothered to look at WinMo this time.

I envy u for the last sentence damn i am thrown out of India by my peeps on May 9th :mad:.First time i am hating myself for leaving India :(

I roamed around Pune (literally) for the phone without any luck. I was getting a Andriod 1.5 only at one place. Rest all said that the stock is finished and it will be replenished in a day, so I guess I have to go tomorrow again :(

Good news 2.1 eclair update for India is out .Folks from Pune and Mumbai in a different forum have confirmed it .Looks like as of now Samsung is doing only from service as i was told by the samsung peep who called me.This is real good news but sad for me as i cannot get it done .I am leaving India pretty soon :( :( .Will try my level best to contact Samsung on Monday .If some one could post the same firmware here i will try doing the ahem way or else i have to wait until its out through the stupid NPS

Here is the link

Android 2.1 is out in India @Android Forums

some heads up guys , this phone just survived a violent throw to a wall eight feet away and then hit the floor and end result ,, one minor scratch on the bottom of the screen on the scratch guard .... nothing else ...sweet!!

kippu said:
some heads up guys , this phone just survived a violent throw to a wall eight feet away and then hit the floor and end result ,, one minor scratch on the bottom of the screen on the scratch guard .... nothing else ...sweet!!

If this was done by you then u surely need :bangin:

Back