The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

Metalspree said:
That worked madnav ,I just selected all options :hap2::hap2:.I was so damn pissed off that i wanted to throw away the phone because of this silly issue:ashamed:

Reps for you for making me happy :)
well damn i had a chance to pick up a phone at throw away price :p

Metalspree said:
I am using i570EDDJC5 with 2.6.29 kernel.GPS works fine with me
Same kernel and baseband here. Works flawlessly.. but GPRS suxx tho :( With Helix launcher my phone became even more loveable :)

Metalspree said:
I am using i570EDDJC5 with 2.6.29 kernel.GPS works fine with me
same here.
using same samdroid mod.
same kernel n baseband version.
GPS works fine over google maps

@metalspree.

im having issues with sygic mobile.
it just does not show gps availability unless i select 'enable data roaming'.
and then my cellphone balance decreases drastically after that is enabled.
im in home network.
do i have to initialize that app any way to this location?
not able to figure out what's wrong as of yet ...

google maps uses gps just fine at the same time.

guys,
A friend of mine needs to buy this mobile @ Chennai, have enquired many stores, none of them have stock :(
Anyone here knows about any local dealers @ chennai having stock

TIA Spectre

Alfa was the first place I checked and then all those shops near by and then a few places where I live,everybody seems to have been out of stock.Some had the i7500 which was selling for 15kish but I resisted going for it as it was android 1.6 Don't know who much more longer I can be patient though :-@

I'm currently facing issues sending SMS ( but i can receive SMS) with my new SPICA. The same SIM works fine on my Nokia handset though. I'm using Airtel in Chennai. Any one here faced similar issues and any remedies for it.

Hi Spectre,
You can ask your friend to check in Spencer Plaza. There's a SAMSUNG retailer store somewhere on the ground floor. Additionally there's one store on the second floor which has SPICA. Price is Rs 12400 -/- in both the shops.

Hi ppl,

I Got inspired to get a Spica by reading this forum and really appreciate you guys doing a great job keeping everyone informed about the stuff that can be done on this amazing device.

Its been 2 days with the Spica and I am overwhelmed by the amount of stuff one can do on the phone. Can anyone tell me about a good pdf reader on Spica??? I tried using Beam Reader with a large 50mb pdf but the rendering was taking a lot of time for each page.

Next I tried Adobe Reader, the screen just blanked out with it :(

Did anyone test a decent app for pdfs???

When sending sms i am not able to view any contacts. I click on messaging, then click on the contacts tab. I see no contact listed there. I have synched my contacts with my gmail account. I can see it when i login to gmail. Anyone else facing this issue. I am on samdroid mod

Also can anyone suggest me a good GPS navigation app(free or paid with india maps), a photo viewer and document (.doc, .xl, .pdf) editor/viewer.

gammaboy said:
now that froyo(2.2) iz out...should i really go for d spica...(i knw there's almost no hope of it getting d 2,2)

plz advice..!
The last i read was Samsung is testing the 2.2 for Spica
drajeshk said:
I'm currently facing issues sending SMS ( but i can receive SMS) with my new SPICA. The same SIM works fine on my Nokia handset though. I'm using Airtel in Chennai. Any one here faced similar issues and any remedies for it.
Try doing a factory reset on the phone
swordfish123 said:
When sending sms i am not able to view any contacts. I click on messaging, then click on the contacts tab. I see no contact listed there. I have synched my contacts with my gmail account. I can see it when i login to gmail. Anyone else facing this issue. I am on samdroid mod

Also can anyone suggest me a good GPS navigation app(free or paid with india maps), a photo viewer and document (.doc, .xl, .pdf) editor/viewer.
Paid app for GPS is Sygic Mobile,free no clue at all
Regarding the contacts issue read here http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-spica-i-e-i5700-160562-19.html#post1511627

djmykey said:
Same kernel and baseband here. Works flawlessly.. but GPRS suxx tho :( With Helix launcher my phone became even more loveable :)

I have not used GPRS till date on my phone :ashamed:

@madnav looks like i have fixed your issue .Will PM u with some links soon

inquired alot of places about availability of spica but it is not available anywhere..all you can get is old stock if lucky.

two possible reasons:

1. Testing for some issues (hope it is this)

2. Product probably discontinued (this is what the shopkeepers say..but that is because customer will buy something else rightaway..)

so lets hope it returns back to stock asap.

Back