The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

anish_sha said:
thnks dude... thts a decent pic i guess.. better thn E71....

have added more...i rly dnt think pics are of gud quality....rly reconsider if cam matters to u at all..

for me it was all android....

Guys 5700 is not listed on the website?!? Which is the latest one 5700 or 7500?

Update: I've found 5700 to have the better processor & also getting the 2.1 update in Q2, but why is it not listed on the Sammy website?

cyneuron said:
can somebody help me configure mtnl delhi 3g on spica ?

i am using this from post here : http://www.techenclave.com/broadband-forum/mtnl-3g-158648-2.html#post1434224 [ Also mtnl website link - Untitled Document ]

1. For Delhi -

Profile name: mtnl

Dial up no. : *99# (there is no such dial up option in >mobile network > access point settings)

User name : mtnl

Password : mtnl123

3G Prepaid : pps3g
-------------------------------------------------------------

2. What about other options like Proxy, Port, Server, MMSC , MMS Proxy, MMS Port ?

MCC has - 404, MNC has - 68, APN type is - Internet, and Authentication Type is - Normal (PAP).

3. I had also received two sms from mtnl - one saying my one time password is : 3770 and other saying my one time provisioning no is : 1111. What am is supposed to do with these numbers ?

called up customer care but as expected those technically handicapped cc guys couldn't help.

pls smbdy help.

that dial up no *99# for making dial up network on computer only . not needed for phone.

just set APN as ppshsdpa if ph is hsdpa capable or for 3g speed only set it to pps3g
( assuming you have prepaid connection )

set user name as - mtnl and pass as- mtnl123 if your ph has these option .
leave every thing else as default . it sud work.

and those sms are just freebies from mtnl . even they dont know what to do with it.

u can PM me for any help.

someone pls tell me some place in mumbai where spica can be bought?
most shops near me are not having it and saying it will take a week or so to come.
is this because the 2.1 updated spica will hit market. or soemthing else?
so please tell em good shop in mumbai to buy spica at good price.

even alpha is saying it will take 5 days

I was searching for some info on the phone when I found THIS.

The link contains a query stating that the phone doesn't support 'Vodafone LIVE!'

Can somebody shed some light on this?

Putting up a 5 day old spica for sale :)

rooted and with scratch guard for 11.5K

no problems with the spica, still think it's the best VFM smartphone ... just that i need a qwerty keyboard and hence getting the moto droid

went with my friend today to alfa and bought a spica for him for 12.4k

i played with it for a few min just after buying. the cam was good i felt although many ppl had said it wouldnt be good. and i have used n73 before which has a good cam.

then i tried gps which worked like a charm.
i was going in an auto and in google maps our location came up and also the direction in which we were heading and as our position changed the map got updated.

the notifications bar which one has to pull was very smooth overall also the touch screen part is pretty good.

now tommorow my firend will load some more media etc and then i will play with it some more.

karan013 said:
The link contains a query stating that the phone doesn't support 'Vodafone LIVE!'

Can somebody shed some light on this?

If you have Edge connection (Vodafone Mobile Connect) activated on your number it will it wont accept Vodafone Live as an access point! Even Windows Mobile does this.

me too thimking to get this phone to try android .. got bored of my 5800 .. shops here quoted 11900 -12000 , may pick one next week :D

btw galaxy i9000 is coming ? :O 4 inch screen looks awesome , any idea what will be its price ?

ed.hardy said:
If you have Edge connection (Vodafone Mobile Connect) activated on your number it will it wont accept Vodafone Live as an access point! Even Windows Mobile does this.

Oh okay. Thanks for confirming that!

NEED URGENT HELP TO GET INTERNET WORKING ON PC USING SPICA 3G

have got 3g working smoothly on samsung spica....

my area phone lines are screwed for 5 days....and i have my usmle step 1 exam on 13 april and ai have to practice questions online on usmleworld.com

i really don't want to spend 2500 rupees to buy tata photon plus or reliance netconnect.....plus tried my bro's office photon+...its not working smootly at my home....

i have to get internet working on my laptop (windows xp) using samsung spica.....i have installed al the drivers and stuff....googled it and found these links :

Connect Internet in laptop through Mobile Teleguru

Chandan Reviews Mtnl 3G In Delhi Circle

but still not able to get it running on pc using above settings....

please help me man...really need it working asap.....

@cyneuron : You'll need to get PDAnet or EasyTether to connect the phone to the pc and then use the net. There are free versions of these softwares which dont allow access to secure sites.

There is a way tether after rooting 1.5 but i am not sure about it.

This is one of the biggest disadvantages of Android (and one of the biggest plus points of winmo).

I guess you are better off using a nokia or winmo hanset to use the net on the pc.

Best of luck for your step 1! Are you planning for the 2011 match?

Wraith said:
@cyneuron : You'll need to get PDAnet or EasyTether to connect the phone to the pc and then use the net. There are free versions of these softwares which dont allow access to secure sites.

There is a way tether after rooting 1.5 but i am not sure about it.

This is one of the biggest disadvantages of Android (and one of the biggest plus points of winmo).

I guess you are better off using a nokia or winmo hanset to use the net on the pc.

Best of luck for your step 1! Are you planning for the 2011 match?

thank you so much man....u saved me big time....pdanet is working awesome....its better than easyteether as it shows data usage right on android screen....

yes, i am preparing for 2011 match...thanks for your wishes.

again, thanks a lot bro....

@cyneuron yes pdanet is good but only till trial ends

Get easytether its beter and free and only advanced features are unavailable

My pdanet expired and I had to resort to easytether!!!

Free is always better for me

Back