The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

^^ Astro File Manager :)

BTW I need some backup software, I don't want to loose my data, everytime I try a new mod/ Firmware, is there any way I can restore Apps & App data.

I know methods to restore apps, but I need something which restores app data as well.

Hi,

I'm getting a Dec 2009 stock. It will be loaded with android 1.5, guess I'll have to update it myself :)

Does the box include a 2GB micro SD card?

Thanks.

lolcat said:
Hi,

I'm getting a Dec 2009 stock. It will be loaded with android 1.5, guess I'll have to update it myself :)

Does the box include a 2GB micro SD card?

Thanks.
What city? What price are you getting it at?

so which was the last firmware and samdroid mod in which gps works good ?? i just went to 2.1 once and forgot all about updating it later :p

Metalspree said:
I am facing with a weird problem in my phone.When i create a new contact i cannot see the same in my contact list but when i search the same contact in messaging it comes up :S.Am i missing something here.

I do not sync contacts to gmail as it $crewed my entire mailing list once
Folks help me with this issue.

metal i think the issue is that the new contact is saved under your gmail contact , you will realise it when you have multiple gmail accounts and when you want to add a new contact , it asks under which account to save , maybe pulling up settings when adding a new contact might bring up other options , i havenot checked

Metalspree said:
I am not using gmail account to sync contacts and more over i have just one account.I have not synced contacts till date .
try gmail.

you wont require any 3rd party service then.

all accounts are available on your gmail account..you can edit over web and then sync back after phonebook erase on phone.

MS - thats becuase you have the View options set for your phone contacts only
But, any new contact by default will get saved to gmail account (i think)
Chose - View All contacts in settings

Ideal scenario for easy contacts management :

Sync all your phone contacts with gmail contacts
In Gmail --> Contacts --> remove duplicate contacts
Delete all phone contacts ( after backing up to sim) and then sync it back to gmail

You only have one list of contacts to maintain, no need to backup as there are already in gmail
And to manage them, you can do it via gmail

I did that once when i got my phone ,i lost all contacts for some weird reason,all the contacts in my gmail account went missing :(.I will take a backup and give a try right away.

When ever i try searching for a name in contacts i get to see that it searches my email contacts as well.I do not want that to happen

What i observed is that, Spica syncs only 'My contacts' of gmail, and not other type of contacts
So, push only phone contacts under My contacts in gmail and this should work fine

I have taken backup of phone and email contacts before doing the below

1) Sync all phone contacts to gmail

2) Merge the contacts

3) Delete all contacts in phone

4) Sync again

Am i doing correct??

After i synced contacts why is that the contacts are displayed multiple times in my phones.Few contacts are displayed 10 times i know i have to merge but why is this happening ??

Update: Just completed the above process .Still the problem exists i just created a new contact,its not displayed in contacts but when i search for it while sending text messages it gets displayed.What is this weird problem??

@metalspree

open contacts on phone.

go to options>>Display options

there will be expansion possible for your gmail account listed over there..

it will expand to available groups to sync/display

select whatever that is necessary.

there are options to include 'starred in android' and 'all other contacts'

my all phone contacts get synced, although i have selected only 'My contacts' group.

That worked madnav ,I just selected all options :hap2::hap2:.I was so damn pissed off that i wanted to throw away the phone because of this silly issue:ashamed:

Reps for you for making me happy :)

Back