The scam that is Maggi Double Masala

Maggi (the classic one) is pretty much a staple diet of mine and I like to consider myself a Maggi connoisseur :p.

Now recently something started feeling a bit off. The taste was significantly mellowed out like when you put in a bit much water.
And it wasn't a one time thing, this happened every time with every pack I cooked.

So then I try the new Double Masala flavor. Well no shit, it's the exact same thing as classic Maggi before the taste took a nosedive.

Basically they are selling us the exact same product twice at two different price tags.
Anyone else noticed this?

The new Maggi packet that they are selling, I thought it tasted a bit better than the previous one. The previous one was a bit mild. This one seemed to have a tangy taste.

I feel Vegetable Atta Maggi is a complete rip-off for it's price-to-quantity ratio. It tastes really good, but the quantity is really poor. Haven't tried Double Masala yet.

I guess they have lessened the amount of substance in the taste maker. Though I hardly eat Maggi. It has been Wai Wai since childhood.

saumilsingh said:
Maggi (the classic one) is pretty much a staple diet of mine and I like to consider myself a Maggi connoisseur :p.

Now recently something started feeling a bit off. The taste was significantly mellowed out like when you put in a bit much water.

And it wasn't a one time thing, this happened every time with every pack I cooked.

So then I try the new Double Masala flavor. Well no shit, it's the exact same thing as classic Maggi before the taste took a nosedive.

Basically they are selling us the exact same product twice at two different price tags.

Anyone else noticed this?

You, Sir, have a lot of free time in your hands.

Coming back on topic, I would recommend you to approach the Consumer Court and get a written apology (and some moolah to spend on the original Maggi) from Maggi.

What's life in a hostel without some late night maggi!
I used to blame my roomy for putting too much water but now I see there's greater evil at work. Silent apologies to you roomy.
I'd love to stick it to the corporation (maybe a candle light vigil) but I've a life.
My solution is to mix different brands: maggi, yippee, ramen, chings, and then tell your roomy to beat it.

Peace.

Are you talking about the new Maggi Dumdaar? As far as I know, there is no such maggi as double masala atleast in Delhi.

Small Tip : Always add a little garlic paste and lots of butter to make your maggi a little tastier.

maggi has been notorious is reducing the zing of their masala tastemaker over a period of time.

it was then we switched to top ramen .

then top ramen did the reverse they started to reduce the quantity of their noodles.

of late we do not have any favourite but we keep on switching between these two.

Maggi Masala and Chicken are the only worthwhile flavors they ever made. I love the tomato soup made by mixing the masala tastemaker with sauce. Add some ghee and pepper and its perfect. So its kinda sad if they have started diluting the tastemaker :mad:. Rest of their stuff is junk including the atta one.

There's Maggi Double Masala ? :O

I have been off Maggi for the past 2 weeks since my mom came to visit me. Now it's back to Maggi from tomorrow ! I'll let you know once I eat them. :bleh:

Try sambhar powder :p.I remember my roomie adding all nonsense masala's to noodles to make it taste better at times even cooked curry or sambhar.

DOnt know but i feel top ramen normal masala one mixer too have lost taste.

Earlier it was good spicy now its like i should had avoided making it.

And yes i agree quanity have gone less. Atleast they could have increased price rather than reducing quantity.

Back